• Male

67 37.64%
  • Female

111 62.36%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Dunno they are pretty darn annoying when they are in heat lol.
    That is true! Dam their times! lol

Deleted
    Castrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Femals cuz they dont need to pee every second, but it doesn't matter so much :P got male dog now btw .

I prefer my dogs to be cats, but either way fixed.

Often times males will bond more closely to females and females to males, but in addition to that it's been my experience more often than not that males are more affectionate and females are more stubborn and can be moody. For some breeds, there is also a pretty distinct difference visually between a male and female. (example, German Shepherd males generally have larger, more masculine features than females)That being said, dogs are as much individuals as people and my opinion does not hold true for all dogs. I have met affectionate females and stubborn males.

I don't like dogs much, but the few that I've enjoyed the company of were female...all the males were too damn annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I prefer female dogs because I like to rub their tummies.
    THIS.

I'm sorry but dog wangs REALLY creep me out to the point where I'm almost afraid to pick up certain male dogs.

Female. Have a male dog and sometimes he can be absolute hell (but we love him as part of the family all the same). While I like all dogs, it seems to be a bit (or a lot) less trouble with a female dog. Obviously, some male dogs may be a little more docile and some female dogs are a bit more agressive and destructive, all depending on the individual dog; in general, it is a safer bet with female dogs for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came in here expecting something else, to be perfectly honest.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really don't give a crap either way.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I prefer female dogs because I like to rub their tummies.
    I'm with you there. I prefer female dogs for that reason. I love to run tummies, and I don't want to have to dodge... things.

Iv only ever had females personally, and great ones at that. There is no dog more loyal then my 15 year old female dalmatian Purdy. I also have a crazy little teacup yorkie, which is a first for me *i dont like small dogs* but this little bitch has charisma.

My next dog will be male though.

No denying however female dogs are much more nurturing with children and such.

I prefer female pets altogether. I'm not sure why.

I like males better. I usually have larger breed dogs, mostly pits and rots, and I like my dogs big. Although females can get big, I did have a 180 lbs female rot, usually males are much bigger. I think its mostly because for some odd reason, I like when I'm walking my dog down the street and people get scared of it. A perfect example, I was walking my American Bulldog about a year ago or so, and one of our neighbors kids walked by him and he licked his hand. Yes, licked. They threw a huge fit about it, tried calling animal control and whatnot. To make a long story short, now they won't come out of their house if he's outside. I find it hilarious. So the bigger the better for me, which usually means males.

10+ Year Old Account
    female beagles

Misread the fuck out of this title...I do not care.

Have to say female. With male dogs you can often see their junk which is pretty gross.

I prefer female pets altogether. I'm not sure why.
    same with me, I remember when I was younger I think we went through 4 male cats, then we got a female and bam... not a single problem. I can only assume dogs are similar and the females aren`t as annoying as well, i`d probably prefer a female over and male for an animal.

A perfect example, I was walking my American Bulldog about a year ago or so, and one of our neighbors kids walked by him and he licked his hand. Yes, licked.
    and yet because they`re pitbulls or rottweilers that same dog that licked your hand the next day could decide to bite it off, my best friend had a pitbull for 4 years, loveable you could hug and kiss it and then one day, decided to almost bite his upper lip off :/

It really depends. If they are being bred, and hence not fixed, I would have to say male dogs really have less upkeep. A female dog in heat can be a lot of work in my experience. The flip side of this is if you have your pet, and aren't breeding them, then neuter/spay each have their own issues. A neutered male dog can have weight issues depending on breed, diet and excercise. A spay female can have urinary incontinence issues.

On an interaction level, female dogs are generally more easy going than male dogs. I have found them easier to train, and they tend to be more predictable and live longer. Another thing I have noted in my time owning many dogs is that if you have more than one, it is generally better for the harmony of the household to keep one of each sex. Bitches tend to be very hostile toward one another, fixed or not - but especially if not spay. Neutered males tend to be a lot less aggressive toward another male, but unfixed males can be a house cleaning nightmare. A male and female, especially of the same breed, fixed or not, will get along better in the long run.

I personally at the moment do not live up to my advice however as I have a pair of fixed female Giant Schnauzers. They tend to get along ok overall, but there are definite food aggression and attention/territory issues.