Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Anime] Recommendation for a good anime series

I would like to start watching animes , I didnt watch one for years and i really miss it , i love ones with a nice story and action

10+ Year Old Account
    I just gave a list of animes that I've enjoyed to a friend I guess I will put it here for you:

Action/Story
    Angel Beats
    Baccano!
    Black Lagoon
    Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch
    Code Geass r2
    Cowboy Bebop
    Deadman Wonderland
    Death Note
    Eden of the East
    Fairy Tail
    Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Brotherhood
    Hunter x Hunter 2011
    One Piece
    Romance of The Three Kingdoms (the anime)

Comedy
    Baka? to? Test ?to? Shoukanjuu Ni!
    Baka? to? Test ?to? Shoukanjuu?
    Irresponsible Captain Tylor
    Kimi to Boku
    Kimi to Boku 2
    The World God Only Knows

Horror
    Another

ENJOY!

EDIT: Some are quite old.

my personal favorites:

naruto
    bleach
    fairy tail
    one piece
    fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
    hellsing
    beelzebub
    soul eater
    dragonball
    .hack
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

I usually always recommend Steins;Gate to anyone, since it has a more broad appeal to people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anime-Planet - one of the few wonders in the world. You can basically find info about every (not every, but most) shows that has been aired or still is.
    Here's my list of watched ones, and here's the list of those I'm currently watching.

---------- Post added 2012-05-18 at 09:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I usually always recommend Steins;Gate to anyone, since it has a more broad appeal to people.
    Hmm... Really need to look up on that one.. Seems like it's the flavor of the year. Steins;Gate, that is.

Else, Kimi ni Todoke is a cute one, though it's Shōjo and filled with girly stuff. It's awesome, however.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2012-05-18 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped watching after the first 3 episodes :S

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    I stopped watching after the first 3 episodes :S
    Didn't really give it a chance to develop.

Deleted
    The one true overlord of Anime: Dragonball, and Dragonball Z. I haven't watched a lot of Anime but some I used to watch as a child were Rurouni Kenshin and Inuyasha, although I never liked Inuyasha. I can't stand all the Anime nowadays with the exception of Death Note which was AMAZING!

Seriously when my friend recommended it to me I was like meh not another uguuu anime with pink haired girls with cat ears, but he kept going on about it and we watched the first episode together, it takes a while to kick off but DAMN is it good. It should have ended when L died though, that's all I can offer you but if someone that hates Anime actually watched them you know it's some good stuff.

Wow , thanks for the offers ! I better get started!

10+ Year Old Account
    Naruto, Naruto shippuden

Quote Originally Posted by Talkshowhost View Post
    The one true overlord of Anime: Dragonball, and Dragonball Z. I haven't watched a lot of Anime but some I used to watch as a child were Rurouni Kenshin and Inuyasha, although I never liked Inuyasha. I can't stand all the Anime nowadays with the exception of Death Note which was AMAZING!
    I like that you recomended an anime and totally fucking spoiled it in 1 paragraph.

Dragonball Z, a "manime," is mostly just mindless fighting laden with inconsistencies and little actual plot or character development.
    Dragon Ball Z, for a good portion of people, is something that they used to love but don't know why they watched it down the line. A lot of it's popularity nowadays comes from nostalgia.

You probably haven't really watched much anime. At all.

And you shouldn't recommend a show by providing the biggest spoiler it could possibly have...
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-05-19 at 01:24 AM.

Seriously when my friend recommended it to me I was like meh not another uguuu anime with pink haired girls with cat ears, but he kept going on about it and we watched the first episode together, it takes a while to kick off but DAMN is it good. It should have ended when L died though, that's all I can offer you but if someone that hates Anime actually watched them you know it's some good stuff.
    How can you not stand *ALL* anime today if you haven't even watched them?

10+ Year Old Account
    You should DEFINITELY watch .hack if you haven't already.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajamu/advanced <---- That's my DK right over there.

Code Geass R1/R2. You're welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Note is the second most overrated anime ever, High School of the Dead is the first. In my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Death Note is the second most overrated anime ever, High School of the Dead is the first. In my opinion of course.
    I'd probably place Elfen Lied in there somewhere, maybe Haruhi too.

I'd probably place Elfen Lied in there somewhere, maybe Haruhi too.
    I would definantly put that Mirai Nikki in there.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I would definantly put that Mirai Nikki in there.
    Mirai Nikki isn't that good, besides 12th and Yuno and possibly Minene. Jimmies unrustled.

Mirai Nikki isn't that good, besides 12th and Yuno and possibly Minene. Jimmies unrustled.
    WELL EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME Princess.

Madoka Magica?