Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Insane - Question

OK - I`m having a hard time getting this - hope some one will throw a dog a bone and help me.

So I have - prior to actually concidering the achievement - all exalted reps - except Ravenholt and Honored with Bloodsail.
    But everty time I raise my rep with Bloodsail - the rep with all the others decrease. Will I still get the achievement when hitting honored even thou the rest of the reps no longer are exalted, or am I missing something?

I think you must be exalted with all of them at the same time. Not 100% sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You only need to have had each required rep at the exalted status at one point and time during your toon's 'career'. They do NOT have to all be exalted at the same time in order to get credit for the FoS.

But doing bloodsail last is prolly the worst way to go about it imo XD
    OK - thank you. And I agree -the order is ssucking big time - but thats the prize for not planning. Getting the others up again will hurt
    Last edited by Epileptica; 2012-06-07 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    I think you must be exalted with all of them at the same time. Not 100% sure though.
    That's pretty much impossible iirc. Because being exalted with booty bay makes you hated with bloodsail, and vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it does not have to be at the same time.

/run AddTrackedAchievement(2336) will show you your progress on the Insane

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    That's pretty much impossible iirc. Because being exalted with booty bay makes you hated with bloodsail, and vice versa.
    You can slaughter non-Bloodsail pirates by the bucketload to get all five reps at the same time.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

actually you're wrong. I'm exalted with the 4 gob factions and honored with bloodsail.

how? I killed gobs to get honored with bloodsail than I killed the pirates in tanaris and the barrens to get gob rep back.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

It's not impossible to be exalted with the goblins and honored with Bloodsail, and at one point it was necessary to have them all at the same time in order to trigger the achievement. It's never been clarified whether or not that was a bug.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

Here's an interesting question. With the advent of Account-wide achievements, can I get insane if one toon is honored with Bloodsail and one is exalted with the appropriate goblin factions?

And this is a little off topic, but how about Aldor/Scryer? Isn't there a FoS for having both at exalted at some point and can I have one on each of two toons for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Here's an interesting question. With the advent of Account-wide achievements, can I get insane if one toon is honored with Bloodsail and one is exalted with the appropriate goblin factions?

And this is a little off topic, but how about Aldor/Scryer? Isn't there a FoS for having both at exalted at some point and can I have one on each of two toons for it?
    No You can not do that with the achievements going account wide. The same character has to do all parts of the achievements.

Yes there is FOS for doing both Aldor/Scryer. Same thing it has to be the same character.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Maybe is better to open a ticket and ask a GM for sure. Don't waste your time doing useless things.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    No, it does not have to be at the same time.

It didn't work for me

Quote Originally Posted by WingsofLiberty View Post
    It didn't work for me
    It worked for me after a relogg. If the achievment logger is right - it is enough to have the reps to the criteria at some time, but not needed all at the same time. Thanks for replies

Deleted
    You need to have quest tracker on the side open.

10+ Year Old Account
    You only need the reps to be at the required level AT SOME POINT,

For example, you exalt all the goblin reps,
    -----------> you get honered with bloodsail, which makes all goblin reps hated
    -----------> you dont need goblins back to exalted

would be better if we could track the achievement, but no you dont need all the requires to hit at once, just at some point to have reached the required levels
    Pokemon X/Y Friend Code: 1762-4021-4202
    My Safari = *Currently Unknown*
    Currently looking for Eevee/Growlithe Friend Safaris
    Feel free to Add/PM me for anything Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    If you run that script in game it will track how far along you are on the achievement.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu View Post
    No You can not do that with the achievements going account wide. The same character has to do all parts of the achievements.

Yes there is FOS for doing both Aldor/Scryer. Same thing it has to be the same character.
    Didn't Blizz say that you could earn different parts of an achievement across various characters? i.e. Loremaster
    Or was that only "meta" achievements?

I can confirm that you do not have to have all the faction reputations same time. I did Bloodsail last and got my achievement with hated goblins and honored bloodsail.

All you need to do is get honored with Bloodsail and then do everything else. You will lose your bloodsail rep, but it will be tracked that you did hit it at one point, so you are OK.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    But doing bloodsail last is prolly the worst way to go about it imo XD
    Actually it's probably the easiest way to go, because once you have ground your bloodsail rep, you then have to grind all 4 goblin reps back up, but doing goblins first means you only have to grind 1 rep back from hated which is much easier, plus you don't need to do those stupid cloth turn-ins.

The problem with doing bloodsail last is you can't go to goblin towns.