Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    I'm guessing it's far less than what most people here take for granted. Probably under 10k. A lot of people don't have several active lvl85 characters they play and maintain daily.
    Agreed, I sort of assumed the OP meant active level 85s. I think if you looked at all active and inactive accounts the number may be less than 1k, as there are literally millions of accounts without level 85 characters on them.
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

I'm having a bit over 1 mill. I got the first 50k by dailies.
    Then I started playing the AH, what I did was buying ores, prospecting them.
    Uncommon: green / purple / yellow gems I crafted rings and then sendt them to my enchanter that disenchanted them and sold the shards on AH.
    The uncommon reds I just sold on AH, the uncommon blue I sold to vendor.
    The rare Green / Blue / Yellow I sold vendor
    The Reds (and sometime purple) I cut and sold on AH.
    I don't know if you can still make gold on this, I did it just when DS came out and I stopped once I hit 1.1 mill.
    I rarely play wow now so I have no idea how it is today.

Deleted
    I've yet to find anyone who has more than 200k gold that doesn't play the AH or have more than 8 lvl 85's farming dailies every day.

I myself have 27k across all characters so I would agree with most here that 20-30k is the average.

I'm sitting at about 80-85k between my characters. I do not play the AH, I occasionally do dailies.

I also don't spend frivolously. When I need pristine hide, I check the price of pristine hides, heavy savage leather, savage leather, and savage leather scraps and go the least expensive route toward the pristine hide. If nothing is at a price I'm willing to pay, I farm the leather myself.

Deleted
    I usually just get enough gold to buy consumables and crafting materials to gear up as fast as possible for the next tier, and then I'll just lose the motivation to check my mailbox. So I'm currently at around 800k - 1 mil. That's pretty much the average level for progression raiders, I would say. But wow is really such a game where you can get as much gold as you want to once you know enough about the game, and that's really not hard. So I would rather suggest that the amount of gold of a certain player tends to have depends on how he/she plays the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    46k is the most I've had at one time. I average 10k most of the time.

I'm probably sitting a bit above 100K on all my toons. However, I don't spend gold on almost anything. The guild pays for the repairs and flasks/feasts and there is usually enough mats in the guild bank to make enchants. I don't think I've ever bought a piece of gear from the AH (and rarely have something made). I've bought pretty much all the pets/mounts you can get on our small server.

I don't play the AH, and pretty much never sell anything on there... currently sitting on 20K valor.

The most gold I've ever had at one time was 52,000 because I won a guild contest. I spent it on my vial of the sands. Other than that, i'm usually at less than 10k.

I'd guess the average is around 20-30K

Personally I have 59K currently, recently spent 10K on various mats, and I have 10 85s w/ epic flight (one with super epic) and 3 70+ toons w/ epic, 11/13 of my toons got dual spec when it was 1K each, my rogue has Fear/Vengeance (10K) and I have every gold sink except the 3 person non-vendor mammoth.

30k sounds like it could be the average, maybe 40k, but no higher imo.
    There are way more people out there who have around or under 10k than people who have over 100k.
    Im currently sitting at 117k, because I farm what I want to sell on the ah. I rarely ever spend money. Saving up for the yak mount and I dont want to be broke the moment I buy it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    I've yet to find anyone who has more than 200k gold that doesn't play the AH or have more than 8 lvl 85's farming dailies every day.

I myself have 27k across all characters so I would agree with most here that 20-30k is the average.
    507k, never played the AH, I only have 5 level 85s and only one of them has ever done more than a handful of dailies at any given time (mage used to be the main and he had done a bunch for rep, now Druid is the main and he has done a bunch for rep + molten front) and I've never done dailies for gold. (wanted to clarify that bit, obviously the dailies give gold, what I meant was that once I capped the rep or got the reward I wanted (TB) I never went back to do them just for gold)

There, glad I could help you out with a new experience =D
    Last edited by Druidjezus; 2012-07-09 at 09:13 PM.
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meerkat View Post
    How the hell do you get that kind of money?
    I just don't understand, I farm herbs on my druid almost daily and still sitting at 7k
    The key to making money is not spending it! Sure you can sometimes buy something for super cheap and resell it for a quick buck, but if you farm regularly, and what you farm sells, and you STOP spending gold on usless junk and or other professions (which do pay out long term, but can be quite the gold eater till u max them) then gold piles up pretty fast. If you havent already, you should grab a gold tracker addon (the one i use came with ELVui) which will show you how much you earned and how much you spent while online. If the total is in red, then you are spending more than you are making!

Personally right now i am sitting around 40k, after blowing almost everything i had on epic gems when 4.3 was fresh, and I got back to the 40k mark by just sending what gems i get out of DS along with the ~900g a week from raiding on a couple chars, like i said, it ads up fast if you DONT spend it!

About 2k gold if you dont farm often etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    cant belive people are under 100k tbh, i find it very easy to get gold and all i do is dailies =O
    basicly do dailes on all 8 85's (since the priest and warlock is on other servers so it is only 8) and sell all the cloth, ore, herb, skinn u find everyday
    That's hours of work a day...
    ಠ_ಠ

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is people have around 15k on average. I had about 8k before attempting to make money. Now I have 20k after a month of casual money-making.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sitting on ~80K across my account. I make most of it from raiding for free, and cutting gems afterwards.

120-130k. I'm not farming gold. I'm only selling almost anything that drops during mount-/pet-/achievement-farming in the ah.

id say 40-50k is average nowadays

10+ Year Old Account
    I think many of you forget that the average WoW player is not as knowledgable as MMO-Championers are. Making 30k+ gold is above average IMO

Deleted
    I am sitting around 200K and i think only 50K comes from ore shuffeling. The rest is just playing the game. Raiding gifes me a great income, 1 heroic DS raid is around 1.5K g ( including gems ). Fortunnaly my guild clears it under 2 hours with the 25% debuff. Same goes for Firelands we rush trough normal under 2 hours get around the same as DS. And then i solo old raids TK, BT(parts), SSC. Evry boss drops 250G. Selling JP BoE etc etc, it gifes me a good income, avraging around 8-10K a week minus repairs/food (not included : upgrades for new items)