Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    How is this even a political argument then? I guess it's not. You're basically stating that having a society helps develop (or expand further) the society. Ground-breaking.
    And that is exactly what Obama said, but then people decided to run with it and ignore that fact. I was just reminding them of it. NOBODY is a hugely successful business owner WITHOUT the help of others. Thought that would have been obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    And that is exactly what Obama said, but then people decided to run with it and ignore that fact. I was just reminding them of it. NOBODY is a hugely successful business owner WITHOUT the help of others. Thought that would have been obvious.
    Fair enough. I think it seems "fairly obvious" that he's suggesting success stories wouldn't exist WITHOUT the help of the government. Basically one side of the argument is either reading TOO MUCH INTO IT (this would be me) or one side is just taking it on the surface (this would be you).

It's a campaign speech during an election year, I don't have delusions to know exactly what he means because he probably doesn't even know exactly what he means and much of it is open for interpretation.

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 02:34 AM ----------

Um... Did you read what you typed? Did you read the article?

Obama said nothing about the government being immaculately born. He didn't say anything close to what you're trying to refer to, in that to start a business you MUST submit to government funding.

Really, you're reading between lines that are only there in your own mind.

My God. How a speech espousing small business, where those small business live and die by the people that work for them, that help them in some fashion be it making awesome business cards to delivering their Culligan water, is turned into an "Obama can suck a fat one! I don't need the government to help me!" rant just blows my mind.

Everyone bitching about that speech need to take a step back and find out why they are so angry, then talk to a shrink.
    You seem quite upset over nothing yourself. Did you read what I typed? It certainly wasn't anything as antagonizing as this post. Oh, and about that shrink. . .

Deleted
    I rather doubt you voted him in 2008 as you said, you more sound like a wolf in sheep's clothing attempt pretending he voted for obama and then switched sides because of this "outrageous" speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    Fair enough. I think it seems "fairly obvious" that he's suggesting success stories wouldn't exist WITHOUT the help of the government. Basically one side of the argument is either reading TOO MUCH INTO IT (this would be me) or one side is just taking it on the surface (this would be you).

It's a campaign speech during an election year, I don't have delusions to know exactly what he means because he probably doesn't even know exactly what he means and much of it is open for interpretation.

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 02:34 AM ----------

You seem quite upset over nothing yourself. Did you read what I typed? It certainly wasn't anything as antagonizing as this post. Oh, and about that shrink. . .
    /facepalm

God help the human race.

/exitleft

/facepalm

God help the human race.

/exitleft
    LOL

"god help the human race" this dude has an opinion and interpreted something differently than I did.

It's no wonder you've managed to become such a success with those people skills of yours.

You're calling for God to help the human race over somebody's opinion on an almost immaterial subject? That's quite impressive.

Deleted
    This thread is going in no productive direction. If you can't discuss something without being condescending to other members sharing their opinion, you should not be posting on these forums.