Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    1. He's a popular character that ranks high in many Smash polls.
    Show me proof.

2. Nintendo has recognized him by allowing an amiibo, which are traditionally made for characters who are featured in Nintendo games, to be made for him.
    You mean the same way Nintendo let's PDP, Hori and others make officially licensed 3rd party products? Nothing new, and Nintendo will always let you if you pay their licensing fees. PDP certainly isn't known for their quality in any shape or form.

3. Yacht Club is obviously open to the idea and Nintendo most likely wouldn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get him in there.
    Every indy developer known to man would be open to the idea of their character being in Smash, it's a no shit situation of free promotion.

http://kotaku.com/super-mario-maker-...pid-1727321308

YouTube's copyright infringement hitting creators of automatic levels made by Super Mario Maker from Playboy due to the fact their gaming division put out one themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh kotaku.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Show me proof.

You mean the same way Nintendo let's PDP, Hori and others make officially licensed 3rd party products? Nothing new, and Nintendo will always let you if you pay their licensing fees. PDP certainly isn't known for their quality in any shape or form.

Every indy developer known to man would be open to the idea of their character being in Smash, it's a no shit situation of free promotion.
    A poll on reddit: http://imgur.com/cmB6EUB and another poll http://i.imgur.com/yR2ZPCq.png

He's first in the first poll and fourth in the second. Not an official Nintendo poll, but that is the best we're going to get since Nintendo isn't releasing the numbers of their official poll. Obviously there are fans that want him and he's up there with iconic characters like Banjo, King K Rool, and Snake.

Sure, Nintendo allows for third parties to make Nintendo character theme controllers and stuff, but amiibos are a different platform then that. Comparing apples to oranges. Also, read this article: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-to-exist.aspx

Seems like Yacht Club wasn't the first to make a proposal to Nintendo. Yet Yacht Club got the first 3rd party amiibo. That isn't meaningless.

Every indy developer would want their game featured in Smash. But Shovel Knight is one of the view where people would actually give a shit about it.

A poll on reddit: http://imgur.com/cmB6EUB and another poll http://i.imgur.com/yR2ZPCq.png

He's first in the first poll and fourth in the second. Not an official Nintendo poll, but that is the best we're going to get since Nintendo isn't releasing the numbers of their official poll. Obviously there are fans that want him and he's up there with iconic characters like Banjo, King K Rool, and Snake.
    So your best evidence is reddit polls which can be heavily skewed? I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Sure, Nintendo allows for third parties to make Nintendo character theme controllers and stuff, but amiibos are a different platform then that. Comparing apples to oranges. Also, read this article: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-to-exist.aspx
    This is so false. Amiibos are gaming accessories, the same as extra controllers or anything else. If Nintendo didn't give then licensing for their amiibo NFC technology there was nothing stopping them from going to Disney, Activision or Lego and getting the rights from them to make the exact same thing without the amiibo logo on it.

Seems like Yacht Club wasn't the first to make a proposal to Nintendo. Yet Yacht Club got the first 3rd party amiibo. That isn't meaningless.
    Which means they where the first to sign the deal Nintendo wanted. Not that Shovel Knight is that significant to Smash or anything else.

Every indy developer would want their game featured in Smash. But Shovel Knight is one of the view where people would actually give a shit about it.
    I don't even think Shovel Knight is in the top 5 of most iconic indy games. Hell the Binding of Isaac fan base would completely and utterly destroy Shovel Knight by a ridiculous amount. Doesn't mean they are putting Isaac in Smash.

10+ Year Old Account
    So your best evidence is reddit polls which can be heavily skewed? I'll take it with a grain of salt.

This is so false. Amiibos are gaming accessories, the same as extra controllers or anything else. If Nintendo didn't give then licensing for their amiibo NFC technology there was nothing stopping them from going to Disney, Activision or Lego and getting the rights from them to make the exact same thing without the amiibo logo on it.

Which means they where the first to sign the deal Nintendo wanted. Not that Shovel Knight is that significant to Smash or anything else.

I don't even think Shovel Knight is in the top 5 of most iconic indy games. Hell the Binding of Isaac fan base would completely and utterly destroy Shovel Knight by a ridiculous amount. Doesn't mean they are putting Isaac in Smash.
    Yeah, sure it isn't the best thing, but it's the best we've got right now. Better than anything that you've provided while constantly asserting that people don't care about Shovel Knight or the amiibo.

They could've gone to someone else, but it wouldn't have had the same weight. They pitched the idea to Nintendo. They liked it. They worked out a deal.

Seems to me that in that article that they formed a solid relationship. So, they've worked together before, fans want Shovel Knight in Smash, and Yacht Club is more than willing. Seems like Shovel Knight being in Smash is a decent possibility. Once again, let me assert that I have never said that it is definitely going to happen, that I want it to happen, or that it will even be the next Smash character. But it seems to me like there's a higher chance for it being in Smash than a lot of other characters.

Yes, but what is important is how the games connect with Nintendo. Not how popular they are. I don't think Binding of Isaac is that big on Nintendo's platforms and thematically it is completely different from every other game that is in Smash.

Yes, but what is important is how the games connect with Nintendo. Not how popular they are. I don't think Binding of Isaac is that big on Nintendo's platforms and thematically it is completely different from every other game that is in Smash.
    Binding of Isaac is in the top sellers list on the Wii U eshop and has been since it's release...

Would probably be on 3DS eshop as well if it wasn't a N3DS exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/x...d-its-amazing/

Xenoblade Chronicles X North American Special Edition. Costs $89.99.

Includes:
    • The game.
    • An artbook
    • A custom USB designed to look like one of the life pods with 10 songs from the game.
    • Matted art card designed by the game's illustrator, Takashi Kojo.
    Wait wait wait.... 10 songs? Only 10? Um why? Is that some cheap ass USB drive or something? You're basically paying $40 bucks for artwork and an incomplete sound track on a cheap usb drive.

This game is so thirsty for money
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Wait wait wait.... 10 songs? Only 10? Um why? Is that some cheap ass USB drive or something? You're basically paying $40 bucks for artwork and an incomplete sound track on a cheap usb drive.

Yea it's bullshit but it's typical with JRPG soundtracks on collectors editions. Still better then Atlus giving you a cd with 4 tracks on it.

NISA is pretty much the only ones putting legit sound tracks in LEs anymore all the rest are abridged bullshit.

I don't get why this thing costs so much, should be $10 less at least NISA usually only has $15-20 markups on their LEs and most contain more then this, at bare minimum the same.

But you know, Nintendo gonna Nintendo and it's going to be sold out everywhere anyways so it doesn't matter.

I'm still undecided about the game in general I'm waiting for release reviews but 10 songs

jesus... that's cheap to the next level

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still undecided about the game in general I'm waiting for release reviews but 10 songs

jesus... that's cheap to the next level
    Was going to buy it but sold out before I got home, but yeah, looking over its pretty meh compared to some other LEs I've purchased in the past. I'll just get the SE and I already purchased the full OST.

The Rodea the Sky Soldier LE I have preordered blows this away and its $15 cheaper. http://store.nisamerica.com/rodea-the-sky-soldier

Also, still salty on how they're treating Fatal Frame 5, I'm not buying it right away as a result. 1. Don't want to add a HDD to my Wii U to play a game 2. Would have spent $90 for a LE of the game regardless of its quality.

I'll be buying another high-quality USB drive later and then wait for a half off sale or something. Before anyone tells me not too, I already have a SanDisk Extreme 64g drive fill with Windwaker, Donkey Kong Returns 2, Luigi U, Wii Fit U, and 4 Wii games and its been working just fine.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2015-08-30 at 06:06 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

idk why you're acting like any nfc would be equivalent to an amiibo.

the shovel knight amiibo is compatible with NINTENDO GAMES because ITS AN AMIIBO.

nobody wants to just put nfc shit in their games, they want an amiibo for the cross functionality.

if ubisoft makes a rabbids game with a rabbids statue it isnt gonna give you a rabbid in mario kart or mario maker, a rabbid wouldnt show up in smash ect ect, it would only work for that game.

this isnt just for shovel knight this is a full amiibo
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    idk why you're acting like any nfc would be equivalent to an amiibo.
    Umm, because amiibos are NFC.

Wow. You continue to amaze.

My faith that this game will be good in english has been shaken because 8-4 is helping with the localization. I was already worried about some of the known censorship like changing the name of the mechs from dolls to skells with no real reason and they sort of hinted at changing religious references at the treehouse at E3 this year. I'm worried about how much they'll change and if it's true that the NA version will include a choice of NA english, EU english, and Japanese voice acting, hopefully the english-english voice acting will use a script from a different localization. Preferably the one from NoE that did the localization for Xenoblade Chronicles, Pandora's Tower, and The Last Story.

Having said that, I'll probably still get the game because I enjoyed the first one a lot. I actually do want to get this special edition, as well, but that's mainly depending on how big the art book is. Also, who knows, what if the flashdrive turns out to be like a 35GB drive? Highly unlikely, but that could be a reason they charge so much. The reason for 10 songs is most likely because they still want to churn out an album and charge for that.

Umm, because amiibos are NFC.

Wow. You continue to amaze.
    does a disney infinity figure work with mario kart? can i just pick up any skylander and put it on mario maker?

no? then dont be an idiot and actually read what i wrote.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Um guys.... what the fuck is happening?

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detai...ZHWsJbLYJLXIz1

DUCK TALES REMASTERED?!?!?!?!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Scrooge McDuck confirmed for Smash. Come at me Tech.

The orginal shovel knight returns

Um guys.... what the fuck is happening?

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detai...ZHWsJbLYJLXIz1

DUCK TALES REMASTERED?!?!?!?!!
    Yeah. That was made like a year or so ago. Original voice actors came back to do it, although with Scrooge, you can obviously tell he aged.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    does a disney infinity figure work with mario kart? can i just pick up any skylander and put it on mario maker?

no? then dont be an idiot and actually read what i wrote.
    Half of the amiibo line does nothing in mario kart. Shovel Knight will do nothing in Mario Kart or Mario Maker. So yea, maybe you should read the own shit you try to post.

Oh, and there are 2 skylanders figures that will work with both mario kart and mario maker, which is the hilarious part of your post...

Amiibos are NFC figures the same as skylanders or disney infinity. There is nothing "special" about them.