Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The worse part is that there are events happening in a places that are a little bit out of the way and NO ONE participates. Just yesterday I saw three events in Diessa Plateau with three people at most trying to participate.

I think the whole DE thing is looking good only when there's an influx of players in the zone. I don't want to think what the game will look like once the bulk of the population moves into endgame areas.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    Nobody needs to buy gold in GW2, because you already can. Open the gem store, purchase some gems, then sell them gems for golds. Bish-bash-bosh.

Not only is it perfectly legal, it also involves no risk of compromising your account security.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is people griding in an mmo anything unusual?

Quote Originally Posted by Zom View Post
    If one can not realise by themselves why someone who's actually playing and not using a third party sofware to do it for them, aren't botting even if they aren't looking at their screen, there's no help for said person.
    If 5 people were standing still in the same area just launching attacks at nothing, 3 of them are using third party software 2 of them are just mashing buttons while watching tv, how exactly are you going to tell which is a program and which is human controlled just by looking at them?

Your standing with a group of bots behaving just like bots, you probably will get reported.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Nobody needs to buy gold in GW2, because you already can. Open the gem store, purchase some gems, then sell them gems for golds. Bish-bash-bosh.

Not only is it perfectly legal, it also involves no risk of compromising your account security.
    Goldsellers sell gold 2-3-4 times better than the internal way. How you think they run this business, lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    Goldsellers sell gold 2-3-4 times better than the internal way. How you think they run this business, lol
    If you think compromising security is "better", go right ahead, lol

By "afford pretty much everything without any effort" I mean essentially "being able to buy everything that is relevant to the game plus possibly some expensive cosmetics without having to purposely work towards getting more money".
    But this is what makes boting and gold selling in these games useless I like to work hard to get a reward, but I will hate it if Orr is full of bots camping DEs spamming AOE. As I see it there are 2 ways to get rewards

1)Effort -> reward
    This method usually depends on repetition (run raids every week, same dungeons and dailies)

2)Effort->Gold->Reward
    This method offers a wide variety to the player. He can do whatever he want without limits (dailies,lockouts. e.t.c.) and get his reward.

GW2 has the second method which is fine and give you many opportunities, but it makes gold too much valuable and thus promote boting and gold selling.

In my opinion there is no good without something bad behind. I like that in GW2 I don't have to run same dungeons/raids or do dailies to get rewards..I can play with the trading post, play alts, do crafting, e.t.c. But from the other hand someone with lots of money in real life he can buy lots of Gems from the store, turn them into gold and buy things. So there is a way in GW2 to get everything, and I mean everything, with zero effort and completely legal
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    But this is what makes boting and gold selling in these games useless I like to work hard to get a reward, but I will hate it if Orr is full of bots camping DEs spamming AOE. As I see it there are 2 ways to get rewards

1)Effort -> reward
    This method usually depends on repetition (run raids every week, same dungeons and dailies)

2)Effort->Gold->Reward
    This method offers a wide variety to the player. He can do whatever he want without limits (dailies,lockouts. e.t.c.) and get his reward.

GW2 has the second method which is fine and give you many opportunities, but it makes gold too much valuable and thus promote boting and gold selling.

In my opinion there is no good without something bad behind. I like that in GW2 I don't have to run same dungeons/raids or do dailies to get rewards..I can play with the trading post, play alts, do crafting, e.t.c. But from the other hand someone with lots of money in real life he can buy lots of Gems from the store, turn them into gold and buy things. So there is a way in GW2 to get everything, and I mean everything, with zero effort and completely legal
    Well, I'm going to do something I don't normally do, which is insulting the intelligence of people. So be prepared for that.

Anyone who buys in-game currency from a third-party seller, regardless of game, is stupid. But the one thing I will give them is that there's a point doing it. However:

Anyone who buys in-game currency from a third-party seller in a game where you can already buy currency securely AND legally is a bloody moron of the nth degree where n is the largest integer the moron in question can think of. There is absolutely no point doing that, and this is a terrible thing to say, but I sincerely hope that their accounts do get hacked and ArenaNet won't give their accounts back. Then they can buy a new account, and maybe, just maybe, they'll come to realize that buying gold is one of the most stupid ideas one can hatch.

That's my rant.

Honestly they just need a system where you get less and less rewards each time you complete the same event, if you haven't completed 1 or 2 events in between. That would make it very difficult to effectively bot or just mash buttons while practically AFK.
    They also should increase the time between the same event occurring as it is annoying to see the same event pop up nearby many times while you are busy doing something else in the area. Events are fun and I try to do all of them that I see, but sometimes I seem to get stuck in a loop of chasing the same events in a cycle and I hate that I just have to walk away from it - I shouldn't have to do repetitive things to get the best rewards.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with watching TV and spamming.

Play the game how you want not like other people want you to play it

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm going to do something I don't normally do, which is insulting the intelligence of people. So be prepared for that.

Anyone who buys in-game currency from a third-party seller, regardless of game, is stupid. But the one thing I will give them is that there's a point doing it. However:

Anyone who buys in-game currency from a third-party seller in a game where you can already buy currency securely AND legally is a bloody moron of the nth degree where n is the largest integer the moron in question can think of. There is absolutely no point doing that, and this is a terrible thing to say, but I sincerely hope that their accounts do get hacked and ArenaNet won't give their accounts back. Then they can buy a new account, and maybe, just maybe, they'll come to realize that buying gold is one of the most stupid ideas one can hatch.

That's my rant.
    Noone doubt your rant is correct, billion other poeple wrote it from years and years.

What we are talking about is how Anet didn't manage a proper way for the player to just enjoy the content wihtout grind like a sheep for days the same DE , or botting. But ye, as i said days ago, when someone said my post was thin foil, Anet is banning just 3 days bot and leaving the game without any money reward if not on the long run repeating the same thing, because it's exactly what they want, and you wrote too, maybe not thinking about it: they want your credit card, your gems bough with real money, just for... an armor..?

Can I get filthy rich and afford pretty much everything without any effort?
    Rift: Yes
    Swtor: Yes
    Lotro: Unknown
    Wow: Yes
    GW2: No

Think you missed that one.

As a reference point, buying a vendor-sold weapon when you just hit 80 will take close to, if not over, 50% of your money unless you've been selling a lot on the TP (which currently isn't worth it).
    Because buying gold in GW2 with credit card takes so much effort...
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDinadan View Post
    Honestly they just need a system where you get less and less rewards each time you complete the same event
    I think this system is already in place.

This was bloody brilliant. I'm not even English but I said bloody because it was that brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    This was bloody brilliant. I'm not even English but I said bloody because it was that brilliant.
    You're right, "bloody" makes "brilliant" sound even more awesome.

That aside, they're right, at the average price of 20s for a gem, you only need 5 gems to make 1 gold. Most of the gold sellers are selling 2 gold for 10 USD, for 10 USD you can get 800 gems, so roughly 160g.

So yes, anyone who buys gold is indeed a "bloody moron".
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

That aside, they're right, at the average price of 20s for a gem, you only need 5 gems to make 1 gold. Most of the gold sellers are selling 2 gold for 10 USD, for 10 USD you can get 800 gems, so roughly 160g.

Seriously? That is hilarious. Who honestly buys gold from some ridiculous "BUY4GOLD.COM NOW WOWEE SUPER DEAL FOR GOLD GAME GET YOURS NOW 1/2 PRICE MENTION CODE:GUILDWARS2" idiot.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

That's my rant.
    One would assume that the gold sellers are selling gold for real money cheaper than ArenaNet which is why they thrive. However, I emphatically agree that buying gold from gold sellers is really stupid in a lot of ways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

No this is false.

I have traded them in several times, atm 50 silver will get you about 200ish gems, or something like that. They are selling it cheaper, but just barely. That said security risks are lame.

and ofc gems give less gold than gold gives gems :P So for... 1000 gems you'd get 2,5g

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    In a game that gold is everything (travel through map, Buy best armor, buy cosmetic armor from vendor, power level through crafting if you have the gold to buy the materials, buy awesome cosmetics from vendor(cultural armor), repairs cause you die a lot in this game) and there is a ridiculous small prices for gems->gold then I don't see how you are surprised if there are bots around? When in level 40 I have 1,90 gold and give 1 gold for a book on a vendor to be able to use my traits, and then in order to move to a waypoint in the next area I need 1,4 silver...Maybe they thought that this will push people buy gems and trade them to gold, but this means to many bots also and gold sellers will always sell cheaper than gems -> gold.

I remember in lineage in some areas you had to pay the bots to let you hit a mob...that will be true if many bots camp DEs in last area.

Let me explain what I mean gold is everything...Lets say i have lots of gold in all my games, lots of gold...

Can I level a class from level 1 to max level with my gold?
    Rift:No
    Swtor:No
    Lotro:No
    Wow:No
    GW2:Yes

Can I buy/craft the very best armor in the game?
    Rift:No
    Swtor:No
    Lotro:No
    Wow:No
    GW2:Yes

Now if you check my posts generally,I love gw2 and I see myself playing it for very loong time but if you ask me to chose 1 game that I have to have lots of gold but with the penalty that I don't have any gold in other games, I would chose GW2 closed eyes. I don't say that there is no way to do things without gold, I just say what someone can do with gold in this game.

So bots/gold sellers doesn't surprise me at all in this game and i am expecting to be full of them except if Anet make a lot of effort to stop them without also ban innocent people, like Aion and NCSoft did in their desperate try to clear the game from bots
    Spot on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    No this is false.

I have traded them in several times, atm 50 silver will get you about 200ish gems, or something like that. They are selling it cheaper, but just barely. That said security risks are lame.

and ofc gems give less gold than gold gives gems :P So for... 1000 gems you'd get 2,5g
    I just used the average price on the TP, if people are selling for less, well I can't get any numbers on that aside from anecdotal evidence like you saying otherwise.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.