Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Mists of Pandaria - Patch 5.1 PTR Coming Soon

Mists of Pandaria - Patch 5.1 PTR Coming Soon
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    While Mists of Pandaria already comes packed full of some of the most diverse and expansive World of Warcraft content to date, we’re staying true to our goal of delivering new content faster. With that in mind, we’re pleased to share that the first major Mists of Pandaria content update, Patch 5.1, is well underway.
    In fact, our plan is to release a build of patch 5.1 on the Public Test Realms soon so you can experience it for yourself! Initially, the PTR build won’t include all of the 5.1 patch content, but here’s a glimpse of the major features that are already in the pipeline.

Patch 5.1 Features

Pandaria and the War of Conquest
    While members of the Horde and the Alliance have been busy exploring the exotic continent of Pandaria, Garrosh and Varian have been gathering their forces in preparation for the struggle to exert the influence of the Horde and the Alliance over these long-lost lands. Players who have quested through Pandaria will see forces of both factions arrive in force on the shores of the unspoiled continent, bringing the tensions between the Horde and the Alliance into sharp focus. New daily quest hubs and faction reputations will be available to adventurers eager to do their part in the brewing conflict.

Brawler’s Guild
    Underground fighting rings have sprung up in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will give brawlers a chance to earn bragging rights by testing their solo PvE mettle against some of the toughest creatures found in World of Warcraft. The first rule of brawls is you don’t talk about brawls. The second rule…

Pet Battles Improvements
    Several UI and other improvements will be added to the Pet Battles system, including a way to upgrade the rarity of pets that you’ve captured.

Item Upgrades
    You will be able to spend Valor Points to improve the item level and quality of gear you already own.

The Quest Continues
    Wrathion is keenly interested in the conflict exploding between the factions on Pandaria’s southern shore. He’s sure to have additional tasks for players to complete as they continue their quest for Legendary gear.

Keep in mind this is only a taste of what’s to come, and that there’s even more in store. Stay tuned for additional details as we prepare release Patch 5.1 for testing!

Deleted
    Wow....just wow

wat? o.o

that was quick

They said 5.1 would be coming on the heels of 5.0. We also can't expect a raid yet (probably 5.2). Brawler's guild sounds interesting; reminds me of the fights I did to get the legendary daggers. If so, fun times to come.

Umm.... AWESOME. Churn out that content!

Nice, hopefully this keeps up
    Looking forward to the Pet Battle UI changes and such, and being able to upgrade a pet to a rare;o awesome! Let's hope they fix some of the achievement bugs before that patch thoughLD

Small, quick content patches... let's see if that idea holds up this time around.

15+ Year Old Account
    Win Brawler's Guild

Uhm, where's my DotA (MOBA) Battleground?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleh, being able to upgrade the rarity of a pet sounds like it will ruin the excitement of catching rarer pets in the first place.

Deleted
    Interesting @ Brawler’s Guild

I wonder if your gear will be downscaled alla challenge modes for it!

And w00p @ Item Upgrades really hope this is the system that stays in place rather than Valor Vendors!

Dungeons + Raids for gear Valor Points to upgrade them!
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2012-10-05 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Speeling!

If 5.2 with raid means we get more patches I don't see a problem with that really

More dailys... what a surprise

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    They said 5.1 would be coming on the heels of 5.0. We also can't expect a raid yet (probably 5.2). Brawler's guild sounds interesting; reminds me of the fights I did to get the legendary daggers. If so, fun times to come.
    they already put the first raid out i do believe bro its sad i know that and havent even been playing lately

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Initial response to post: O.O...5.1 but they ju..I don't und...oooh Brawler's Guild...

Solo PvE? Hmm... will it scale based on class? or will you get different mobs based on class? Because there is sure as hell no equal playing field when it comes to solo PvE content.

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    ruin the excitement of catching rarer pets in the first place.
    While I don't disagree that pet battling is an awesome addition to the game; I don't think that word means what you think it means...

10+ Year Old Account
    Very impressive Blizzard! This is how it should be. This will definitely keep the players happy and numbers up .

I was doubtful when they said we wouldn't have to log off for launch, and was pleasantly surprised. If they can pull this off, I'll be even more impressed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blodgrahm View Post
    they already put the first raid out i do believe bro its sad i know that and havent even been playing lately
    I don't think he was complaining there will not be a raid, he was stating that he did not expect one