Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I thought someone said RSI was hiring Crytek Austin to do the FPS portion? Or was that just rumor?
    Pretty sure it has always been Illfonic. Though I don't doubt that they've hired a bunch of people from Crytek Austin for their own Texas office.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Interesting story about tax credits from Colorado.
    Of the five film incentive requests, the largest, worth $763,953, came from Cloud Imperium Games Corp., which plans to spend $3.8 million with a Denver video game developer for a game called "Star Citizen."

Since Illfonic is based out of Denver and is doing the FPS portion of Star Citizen, now we know how much it costs CIG to hire that portion of the game out.

Here's a interesting video about the tech behind the starships from Gamescom...

That video is pretty damn cool. Gotta give these guys a lot of credit, they are going for the complete gusto with Star Citizen.

Cockpit display looks so much better

10+ Year Old Account
    They released the 54 Million stretch goal
    More Detailed AI Activities – we’ll add ten distinct types of AI character roles on planetside environments! At $54 million, this includes Bartender, Doctor, Entertainer, Nurse, Sanitation Worker, Security Guard, Shopper, Tourist, Vagrant and Vandal. Future AI roles will be added with future stretch goals! Each additional ‘class’ of character will be fully expressive and have a role to play in Star Citizen’s planetside interaction AND the game’s greater economy
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    what happened to no more goals.

To much cockpit not enough viewing of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Nice. I wonder if those roles will also dole out missions. It should be interesting what they come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Turn off your selective reading for a while. No more large stretch goals. They're still going to do them if people are willing to keep on paying, but nothing huge and less emphasis being put on them. More importantly, the community voted to keep them going.

I thought you had just told us all how you were leaving for good anyway?
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-08-27 at 06:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's 20% of the way to the Arbitrators guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    More money.

That's only the Hornet's cockpit interface; each ship has a different interface layout. The Hornet's interface has always been in the middle of your view, just like it's cockpit windows. The Origin 300i series on the other hand, is very unobtrusive in addition to it's seamless cockpit bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    That's only the Hornet's cockpit interface; each ship has a different interface layout. The Hornet's interface has always been in the middle of your view, just like it's cockpit windows. The Origin 300i series on the other hand, is very unobtrusive in addition to it's seamless cockpit bubble.
    Yeh but the other shit just seems like its taking up way to much of your actuall view, or the pilot is sitting way to far back. Id like to see somthing like what they did in titanfall http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...your_Titan.png were the falls are actually pict screens that serve as a cockpit window as well to maximize the area of visiblity.

But this isn't a console oriented shooter called Titanfall; it's a space sim that's going to be whatever the hell Chris Roberts wants it to be. And if he says he likes it; that's how it's going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    But this isn't a console oriented shooter called Titanfall; it's a space sim that's going to be whatever the hell Chris Roberts wants it to be. And if he says he likes it; that's how it's going to be.
    So you decide to compltly ignore the entire point of my post and rage at titanfall for being a console shooter game. Nice job.

So you decide to compltly ignore the entire point of my post and rage at titanfall for being a console shooter game. Nice job.
    The team has said that they're done wth the overall HUD layout (Note: NOT configuration. Yes; there's a difference). And, knowing CIG; that means it pretty much final, perhaps a few minor tweaks here and there.

Zeta, a word of advie: don't complan about things you can't change. Not that there's much wrong with complaining; just that whining for the sake of whining doesn't look too good. But if you have some constructive suggestions about something you can change, why not say it to CR himself? I'm sure he'd love to hear it.

Well it is. A pretty bad one at that. The HUD is atrocious for a so called "new game." Not to mention comparing a HUD for a generic shooter against something where you have realtime control of multiple subsystems in a ship is fuckin' asinine. Apples to oranges as usual...

Again, I thought you hat tipped last page and weren't coming back?
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-08-28 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Ok, this game has my attention now.

Is it purely going to be a space game? Or will there be planets you can land, with foot missions?
    It's basically a fps game, except you can also pilot ships. There is tons of content for both the fps game (shooting, boarding, walking around in cities) as well as the space-sim side of the game. You can also be a part of a crew as larger ships can't be opperated by single players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Well it is. A pretty bad one at that. The HUD is atrocious for a so called "new game." Not to mention comparing a HUD for a generic shooter against something where you have realtime control of multiple subsystems in a ship is fuckin' asinine. Apples to oranges as usual...

Again, I thought you hat tipped last page and weren't coming back?
    Or you could read my post instead of taking your chance to bash a console game. I could give to fucks about what you think about titanfall, My example was how the inside of the vehicle untilized as much space as it could to give you a display of the outside, instead of the limited small field of view you get from that cockpit. Look at the way the inside of the cockpit turns to screens to display the outside. That was my point, next time less frothing at the mouth at the chance to bash a console game and think a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big stretch goals are over at this point.

From now on its mostly things we would have received by default by the game anyhow or small things like an extra suit of armour etc now being announced as "stretch goals."

I disagree, it looks much better compared to what it is now. (Shot below doesn't have a target to semi obscure the right side).

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could read my post instead of taking your chance to bash a console game. I could give to fucks about what you think about titanfall, My example was how the inside of the vehicle untilized as much space as it could to give you a display of the outside, instead of the limited small field of view you get from that cockpit. Look at the way the inside of the cockpit turns to screens to display the outside. That was my point, next time less frothing at the mouth at the chance to bash a console game and think a little.

Anyone else getting the irony of this post?