Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    not yet no, at the time SSDs were much more Pricey, been eyeing some lately though, course ive been inching to go to a 980, their prices are rather decent atm too
    SSD's really are awesome. It is definitely a must buy for all of my systems ever since getting one. Just get one with good space and reviews. I have a couple of Intel X25-M 80 GB in Raid 0 for the past 4 years. They've been rock solid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    SSD's really are awesome. It is definitely a must buy for all of my systems ever since getting one. Just get one with good space and reviews. I have a couple of Intel X25-M 80 GB in Raid 0 for the past 4 years. They've been rock solid.
    i feel if im going to get one i should go a big size, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B00E3W15P0 its the 1T size of the unicorn Computer Mmo-C put up on the front page several days ago
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...s-Hangar-Ready
    Redeemer for sale as well now.

Splurged on the redeemer as a final ship before waiting for full launch, I think my hangar set up is pretty much ready now, have both fighters and larger vessels with LTI now.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-11-01 at 12:03 PM.

Deleted
    Wheee, buying space ships in a tech demo. Wheee!

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    i feel if im going to get one i should go a big size, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B00E3W15P0 its the 1T size of the unicorn Computer Mmo-C put up on the front page several days ago
    A large size is unnecessary. The SSD is for performance only, not mundane storage. You only need it for your OS, productivity applications, and whatever current games you're playing. The rest stays on regular HDDs. Including your page file and swap space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daos View Post
    A large size is unnecessary. The SSD is for performance only, not mundane storage. You only need it for your OS, productivity applications, and whatever current games you're playing. The rest stays on regular HDDs. Including your page file and swap space.
    well I know i shouldnt store things like music and stuff on SSD, and what do you mean by productivity applications?

damn they are at 86% progress to the next stretch goal just yesterday I saw them at 11

Productivity applications like the MS Office suite and anything else. The reason why I would want a large as possible SSD because I get a lot of games and hate removing them because of space issues, especially since games are getting larger and larger. I can't see a game like Star Citizen being any smaller than 50 GB upon release.

Here's an updated version of the BIG Star Citizen Admirer's Manual, V2.3. It is a spectacular read for someone who wants to get into the game or even someone who has pledged and want to know the full scope of things as they stand. Here's the link to the PDF file...

https://mega.co.nz/#!z99F0KrJ!OPoujH..._HSC-KEKlGF1fA
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2014-11-01 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daos View Post
    Well, personally I wouldn't settle for less than a 256GB SSD when looking back, not having to remove things if you get the feeling to play something new for a while is nice with sizes of modern games growing as time goes by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Productivity applications like the MS Office suite and anything else. The reason why I would want a large as possible SSD because I get a lot of games and hate removing them because of space issues, especially since games are getting larger and larger. I can't see a game like Star Citizen being any smaller than 50 GB upon release.

Here's an updated version of the BIG Star Citizen Admirer's Manual, V2.3. It is a spectacular read for someone who wants to get into the game or even someone who has pledged and want to know the full scope of things as they stand. Here's the link to the PDF file...

https://mega.co.nz/#!z99F0KrJ!OPoujH..._HSC-KEKlGF1fA
    Hm, im going to have to get a guide for cross internal harddrive file keepng, its a new thing for me to try,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B00E3W15P0

Was compareing prices for the 500gb one and amazon has it for over 100$ cheaper then newegg heh. Decent number of 5 star/egg reviews on both sides

Anyway, looking forward to seeing nore types of ships, one of my friends is hopeing for more solo small minning ships, he likes the large multi manned one but he likes to do things solo from time to time
    Last edited by Omians; 2014-11-01 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, that FPS demo looked amazing!!

My only gripe is that the HUD is supposed to be on your mask (which is cool), so why does it zoom in and then disappear when you ADS? I hope that is a bug, or something that will be changed. Other than that I loved the whole thing, and the gravity generator looked incredible.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Holy gripes! The stretch goal has stretched 6% in the past 3 or 4 hours!!

cmon guys, lets keep pumpin' this fundraiser thing until we get the most awesome PC game ever!

It says on their website that donations go directly to the development of the game but I wonder if we could ever truly know that every dime of our money is going to the actual development of the game.

Also, how much money does it take to make a game, JESUS?! I love what they are doing here and I am more excited about this game than ANY other game before it but for 60 mil they better release one hell of a game.
    Last edited by lopiccolomage; 2014-11-02 at 02:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopiccolomage View Post

cmon guys, lets keep pumpin' this fundraiser thing until we get the most awesome PC game ever!

It says on their website that donations go directly to the development of the game but I wonder if we could ever truly know that every dime of our money is going to the actual development of the game.

Also, how much money does it take to make a game, JESUS?! I love what they are doing here and I am more excited about this game than ANY other game before it but for 60 mil they better release one hell of a game.
    well for swtor it was " Although BioWare has not disclosed development costs, industry leaders and financial analysts have estimated it to be between $150 million and $200 million or more, making it, at the time, the most expensive video game ever made." somthing along those lines heh

Don't forget that Roberts reckons 1 crowdfunded dollar equals between 4-5 investor dollars.

So let me get this straight. $1 crowdfunded into Star Citizen = $5 invested into a game like Destiny when it comes to money actually spent on making the game itself?

10+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this straight. $1 crowdfunded into Star Citizen = $5 invested into a game like Destiny when it comes to money actually spent on making the game itself?
    give or take. SC's 61million is between 240 and 300 million dolars for most games
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Most AAA games spends more on marketing than on development (Destiny is a big example of this). Here's a chart that Roberts uses to discuss that point...

10+ Year Old Account
    Most AAA games spends more on marketing than on development (Destiny is a big example of this). Here's a chart that Roberts uses to discuss that point...

Marketing is important but shaving off 3-5% off Marketing could help with the Game experience itself be much better.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Marketing is important but shaving off 3-5% off Marketing could help with the Game experience itself be much better.
    The only PR that SC has done are the big gaming conventions, I doubt that they have cost the game 6mil, don't companies get paid to go to those?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    The only PR that SC has done are the big gaming conventions, I doubt that they have cost the game 6mil, don't companies get paid to go to those?
    Pretty much the only marketing CIG have done for SC are game conventions and ship commercials (that is done by two people). Any real marketing for the game won't ramp up until the Persistent Universe or Squadron 42 Episode One is done.

I am pretty sure this game is going to be everything I've been dreaming about for a video game. The last time I was this excited for a game was when WOW was still in development and when it finally got released it was a great game that you could spend countless hours on (now the game sucks but still). So I think this game is going to follow in the same direction, I think it will bring about the joy I once had when I first started playing wow, a joy no game has been able to recreate since WOW was in its vanilla/beta stage.