15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    WELL VERSION 2.2.2.0 is compatible with 1.5.2 according to sirsagir
    Other mods like Iron Chests and Steve's Carts will suposedly be the same. Individual mods will have their own requirements. I'm still deciding on how to actually handle a list that may contain mods that work with 1.5.1 and not 1.5.2 and mods that will work with both.

Quote Originally Posted by kalegos89 View Post
    I have to say this is a fantastic thread, diamonds for you Fuzzzie and the rest, keep up the good work, if i may suggest couple mods to try that i find interesting and gives a flavour to the map, idon't know if you already had a peak on them, but here it is non the less
    Thanks for stopping by. Not looking to add anything new right now. Just added a few and we're still waiting on some mods to update. I don't want to drown the list with too many mods since I offer configs to go with all of them and adding too many makes things more difficult.

Deleted
    Mentioning configs :-)

15+ Year Old Account
    • Forge Updated
    • Optifine Updated
    • MineFactory Reloaded Updated
    • Power Convertors Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Soul Shards Updated
    • Railcraft Updated
    • xAct Updated
    • IndustrialCraft 2 Updated

Here's the updates, better late than never. Haven't had a chance to test any of it yet today as I've been busy with other stuff. Good to see Soul Shards back though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like he made some major changes to Soul Shards. Sounds like a whole new system.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadwDrgn
    For those of you discussing the difficulty of making shards and whether i'll be nerfing it:

The way you get Blank Shards will probably not be changed any time soon from what it is in 1.5.1. The number of mobs you have to kill to get your shard working WILL be changing. So that you're not all speculating I will explain my intentions.

To get a working shard (cross-dimension or ANYTHING you want) will be SIGNIFICANTLY easier, however the system will not use kills for tiers anymore. You'll have a fixed number of mobs to kill to get a working shard for that class of monster in general, and then you'll power your cages with one or more "Mana Spheres."

You'll get a mana sphere similarly to how you get the shard, but with a different item (possibly a different structure built too). The sphere you get originally will be inert. You'll have to kill certain mobs and possibly do some other arbitrary action to turn it in to the weakest version of sphere. This version will regenerate mana very slowly. There will be ways to get more powerful mana spheres as well.

Depending on how fast you choose to have your mobs spawn, mana will be sapped from the sphere at a certain rate. The more powerful a sphere the longer a cage will be able to run before it's mana sphere is empty. If a mana sphere runs out of mana in a cage it(the mana sphere) will be destroyed. This means you'll want to set your spawn rate only just fast enough that the mana sphere is able to recharge to keep up, or set up a system to remove/replace them.

Various features will likely cost additional per spawn mana such as being able to power the cage with a redstone signal, the mobs spawning even if the player isn't close, and POSSIBLY mob equipment.

What all of this means:
    You get to choose how quickly your mobs spawn!
    Vile swords won't be necessary any longer.
    No more farming certain mobs for HOURS for ONE spawner that gives nothing but bonemeal.
    More customization!
    Easier for me to update. (I hope)

So I've gotten all the mods on the list to work with 1.5.1, but now I'm trying to add Natura. I crash at the main screen (complete freeze) and get this error:

Code:
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] Exception in thread "Thread-19" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/jcraft/jorbis/Floor0
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at com.jcraft.jorbis.FuncFloor.<clinit>(SourceFile:33)
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at com.jcraft.jorbis.Info.unpack_books(SourceFile:231)
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at com.jcraft.jorbis.Info.synthesis_headerin(SourceFile:350)
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at paulscode.sound.codecs.CodecJOrbis.readHeader(Unknown Source)
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at paulscode.sound.codecs.CodecJOrbis.initialize(Unknown Source)
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at paulscode.sound.libraries.LibraryLWJGLOpenAL.loadSound(Unknown Source)
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at paulscode.sound.libraries.LibraryLWJGLOpenAL.newSource(Unknown Source)
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at paulscode.sound.SoundSystem.CommandNewSource(Unknown Source)
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at paulscode.sound.SoundSystem.CommandQueue(Unknown Source)
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at paulscode.sound.CommandThread.run(Unknown Source)
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.jcraft.jorbis.Floor0
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:238)
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	... 10 more
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:227)
    2013-04-29 23:51:08 [INFO] [STDERR] 	... 12 more
    Any ideas what's causing the problem? I looked at another error reporter and it mentioned some xycraft issues, but I don't have xycraft installed.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 07:09 AM ----------

So I removed Natura, and it works at the main menu, but soon as I select Single Player, Multiplayer, or Mods my game locks up again. I removed BWG4 (since that used to give me the problem in 1.4.7) as well, but still no fix.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 07:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    I started having memory issues with my mods yesterday after I added in Railcraft and the other IC2 mod additions. I did some checking and found that I needed to make a change to my java startup commands. I added this to my MultiMC JVM Arguments.

-XX:MaxPermSize=128m

Fixed my out of memory problems and things seem to be running much smoother. Just thought I would pass this along since I had no idea how to fix the out of memory issue.

And yeah, I really like Tinker's Construct as well, particularly as an early game tool.
    So I'm guessing this was the fix. I misinterpreted this earlier. I'm trying to add it into MultiMC, but it keeps giving me an error code as soon as I launch the instance

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 07:21 AM ----------

I figured it out. That fixed it. Thanks Laguy

Deleted
    so did that help natura load too? or is that still a issue

Hey Optifine D2 is for 1.5.2 not 1.5.1 and wont work on 1.5.1, just thought you should know.

This 1.5.1 vs 1.5.2 vs 1.6.x thing is going to be a mess for awhile IMO. Either Mojang doesn't think 1.6.x will be out for some time or they got their compensation plans tied to the number of releases they do each year cause I can't see what they are thinking about doing a pre-1.5.2 release and a 1.6 snapshot at the same time. Personally I would be fine just sitting at 1.5.1 and let the 1.5.2 go on without me but I am sure it won't be that easy.

Deleted
    Anyone has any word on redpower? Its the only one Im waiting for before I really get started again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    This 1.5.1 vs 1.5.2 vs 1.6.x thing is going to be a mess for awhile IMO. Either Mojang doesn't think 1.6.x will be out for some time or they got their compensation plans tied to the number of releases they do each year cause I can't see what they are thinking about doing a pre-1.5.2 release and a 1.6 snapshot at the same time. Personally I would be fine just sitting at 1.5.1 and let the 1.5.2 go on without me but I am sure it won't be that easy.
    Yeah, I don't get it. It's like they're purposely pushing these shit updates to make modding a mess. Maybe so when their mod API comes out it looks better than it actually is? Idk, a little conspiracy theory there. I'm mainly just sick of the hassle that this has all become. Some people say "well, just don't update minecraft". And I absolutely wouldn't if it didn't mean missing new features mods bring in.

I am sure there is more than one opinion on the RP2 issue. My personal guess that with all of the texture issue in 1.5.x that Elo is going to have her hands full so I really don't see a 1.5.x version coming from her. That could change if 1.6 is pushed out for several months (which I personally am hoping). Personally I am done with RP since other than frames and some of the convenience of having a single mod to produce so many functions I find I can do just fine without it. But that is just me. I know lots of folks really love RP and it is too bad you have to wait for such a long time for updates on that mod.

Deleted
    I just use so much of redpower, Ive looked around are there does not seem to be a mod which can replace it for me. Ive found some of the functions, like microblocks or gates, but the wiring system is also important for me and I havent found a replacement for that yet. I also like redpowers worldgen.

Power Crystals has a wiring system, being an EE I find it very powerful. world gen is another story, but I can deal without the volcanos and marble.

Deleted
    Thanks for the tip, I watched a spotlight for that but it didnt show any wiring and didnt really interest me much otherwise as Im not into automating too much. Ill have to check it out now though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerGeek View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I watched a spotlight for that but it didnt show any wiring and didnt really interest me much otherwise as Im not into automating too much. Ill have to check it out now though.
    It's fairly new. The logic possibilities with Power Crystals MFR dwarf those of Redpower. Immibis Microblocks replaces the microblocks from Redpower. Computercraft replaces the computers from redpower. The bluetricity stuff is useless without frames anyways so no need to replace that. Nice actually not having a tonne of nikolite sitting around.

Only thing I'll really miss is frames. It's not enough to really keep me from starting a world or anything. Redpower could be out tomorrow or 2 months from now. Who knows?

---------

Updates will be later tonight again today. Going to do some work outside since it's beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    so did that help natura load too? or is that still a issue
    Natura loaded fine. I didn't even have to mess with configs. I was having issues with optifine, but I guess it's that whole 1.5.2 vs 1.5.1 thing.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 07:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGeek View Post
    I just use so much of redpower, Ive looked around are there does not seem to be a mod which can replace it for me. Ive found some of the functions, like microblocks or gates, but the wiring system is also important for me and I havent found a replacement for that yet. I also like redpowers worldgen.
    Yeah it's specifically the wires I want, the rest is just extra stuff. I'll have to look into that mod by powercrystals

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalonus View Post
    Natura loaded fine. I didn't even have to mess with configs. I was having issues with optifine, but I guess it's that whole 1.5.2 vs 1.5.1 thing.
    Yeah, sorry about that. I've reverted the version back to D1 for 1.5.1. Didn't notice.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 03:50 PM ----------

Going to try to finish up the configs tonight. I have to also add Soul Shards too. Will probably be out before 10pm EST. One way or another

I wanted to mention the links for bspkrsCore and associated HUD mods are broken. I had to go to their thread to get them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalonus View Post
    I wanted to mention the links for bspkrsCore and associated HUD mods are broken. I had to go to their thread to get them.
    Fixed all the URL's for bspkrs' mods. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I wish I was that artistic too. The skin comes from VonDoom. He has a number of excellent skins to choose from. Any HD skin works, just make sure the skin is in .png format. Then host the image somewhere that has a direct link (such as imgur). Ingame, type /cofh skin set "link to skin" minus the parenthesis. Here is a link to a download of all of his skins. (adfly link is his, he deserves the support)
    I was trying to get an HD skin, but it doesn't seem to be working for me at all. It just resets me back to Steve.