Mop world pvp area?

Hello all,i played from feb2005(close to game's release) till the DW patch,and i'm curious as to what Blizz has implemented for MOP's world pvp area/event,such as TBC's Halaa or the Bone Waste Towers beside Auchidoun,or WotLK's Wintergrasp,Cata's Tor Barad,the reason why i ask this,is because that was the one thing i loved about wow and it very well may bring me back IF MOP has one or its slated to get one.

Any reply or more info on this would be awesome,thanks all!

In patch 5.1, they're introducing a huge pvp-oriented event in Krasarang Wilds (A zone in the new expansion). We're taking over bases, building our own, and generally slaughtering players and NPCS alike. For PVE servers, this means assaulting mobs for points, but anybody willing to PVP (and forced on such servers) can get more by killing other players.

Hope that helps. It sounds like fun, and I don't even like PVP.

Also, When you reach 90, there's some decent competition on most servers for Sha of Anger in Kunlai Summit and Galleon in Valley of the Four Winds. Each is a raid boss out in the world and players have to compete to get them as they spawn. It's not so bad on PVE, but I'm sure if you're on PVP servers, you'll have some pretty good competition. They also drop good gear for the current patch (as in, it's going to be updated with the next raid patch for better gear drops too).

There's really nothing like that anymore. World PvP can still happen for the following reasons though:

• Cross-realm zones mean it's worth people's time to slay lowbies again. No longer do they waste their time scouring a completely empty world.
    • No flying in Pandaria until lv 90. Difficult for people capping off their alts to run away, so it's pretty easy to provoke some PvP through that.
    • Dailies. There are tons of dailies across Pandaria that bring (mostly PvE) players out of town. For the most part everyone seems to leave each other alone, since they all just want to get them done, but it's easy to jump in and fight people if you're so inclined.

If all you really care about is a Wintergrasp 3.0 though, the expansion is going to be disappointing for you.

Wintergrasp and Tol'Barad were glorified Battlegrounds. The latter moreso because when it wasn't up you didn't have to pvp there if you didn't want. The format they're running with in this expac feels more honest if you're calling it world PVP. the points raised by ASB are just a couple good reasons why PVP exists in Mists.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    There's really nothing like that anymore. World PvP can still happen for the following reasons though:

• Cross-realm zones mean it's worth people's time to slay lowbies again. No longer do they waste their time scouring a completely empty world.
    • No flying in Pandaria until lv 90. Difficult for people capping off their alts to run away, so it's pretty easy to provoke some PvP through that.
    • Dailies. There are tons of dailies across Pandaria that bring (mostly PvE) players out of town. For the most part everyone seems to leave each other alone, since they all just want to get them done, but it's easy to jump in and fight people if you're so inclined.

If all you really care about is a Wintergrasp 3.0 though, the expansion is going to be disappointing for you.
    Ugh,alrighty,well thanks,disappointed they traded this type of world pvp in for pokemon or whatever else it is they decided to work on instead of making mass world pvp like it should be,hell i thought Blizz said MOP would be more faction vs faction based back in MOP dev days,well the storylines may be,but with no massive world pvp area,wtf?=/.
    Back to mindlessly killing each other in zones?...No thanks,should be a big area where Horde and Ally are really at war all day/night,i imagine the war goin on between these two factions would be immense and i really doubt it would be JUST small skirmishes over zones,BUT maybe they will in the future,but something of this magnitude SHOULD already be here being fought over,COME ON BLIZZ GIVE US A REAL WAR!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devourment View Post
    No thanks,should be a big area where Horde and Ally are really at war all day/night,i imagine the war goin on between these two factions would be immense and i really doubt it would be JUST small skirmishes over zones,BUT maybe they will in the future,but something of this magnitude SHOULD already be here being fought over,COME ON BLIZZ GIVE US A REAL WAR!!
    This is what is coming in 5.1, as somebody above already stated.