Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 2chicken2die View Post
    Boy you have no idea how complicated that stuff is. Geez thnx for all that explaining around here.
    I honestly don't even know what you're saying.

Would you like to contribute to the discussion? I'm interested to know your opinion on the subject.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Funny thing is, europe will probably be forced into paying these carbon taxes, when china and other developing countries are producing most of the CO2 anyway.
    "Carbon taxes"? Well, never mind, either way, as a signatory of the Kyoto Protocol, the EU has already decreased its yearly CO2 emissions by 8% if i remember correctly.

One curious fact: the US and Canada are the only countries that are at the moment not adhering to the goals of the Kyoto Protocol (even, for example, Russia and China, are).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    I honestly don't even know what you're saying.

Would you like to contribute to the discussion? I'm interested to know your opinion on the subject.
    No i have a standpoint but you already have proven me you are not worth my time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    One curious fact: the US and Canada are the only countries that are at the moment not adhering to the goals of the Kyoto Protocol (even, for example, Russia and China, are).
    Which goals are we not adhering to? Reduction?

edit: oh, it seems we never ratified the treaty. I didn't know that.
    Last edited by Deadvolcanoes; 2012-12-11 at 11:39 PM.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

15+ Year Old Account
    No i have a standpoint but you already have proven me you are not worth my time
    You went into this forum with the standpoint that nothing here would ever be worth your time so why dont you do yourself and us a favor and hop along?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

"Carbon taxes"? Well, never mind, either way, as a signatory of the Kyoto Protocol, the EU has already decreased its yearly CO2 emissions by 8% if i remember correctly.

Canada bowed out of Kyoto because it was a bad decision by the previous government in power that did almost nothing to actually start the process and the economic strain it would have put on the country as a whole were unrealistic given the recession now. Also China doesn't conform to any binding agreements on emissions outlined in Kyoto at all, same goes for India. Besides, Kyoto ends soon and the new programs from Copenhagen and Cancun are much more realistic, plus we have our own 2020 plans.

Canada doesn't even produce 2% of the world's carbon emissions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Besides, Kyoto ends soon and the new programs from Copenhagen and Cancun are much more realistic, plus we have our own 2020 plans.
    The Kyoto Protocol was extended just a few days ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Which threats are you reffering to, the localized ones like smog in LA or severe polution in Yellow River etc?
    Localized or global?
    Both, to a degree. Pollution is inevitable and required for our existance, we just need to make sure that the gain is worth the damage.
    Last edited by mmoc43ae88f2b9; 2012-12-12 at 12:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    You went into this forum with the standpoint that nothing here would ever be worth your time so why dont you do yourself and us a favor and hop along?
    You seem upset. And If it was I wouldn't be here. You seem to take a reaction to a single person to be suddenly affected to you and the whole community and therefore need to speak for all. Maybe that is why you have such bad opinions and can't do anything but bashing dumb arguments to others. You haven't been contributing much to the discussion so far so please hop along maybe?

The Kyoto Protocol was extended just a few days ago.
    Neat, programs like Copenhagen and Cancun are more realistic and we have our own plans extended to 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a reason we call them theories... I don't know enough to properly elaborate, but people need to take into consideration that this planet is old... old as fuck... We humans haven't even been on this planet for 1% of it's existence, so why are people assuming that when things change... it's due to some crazy thing that humans did? Why can't this just be a natural cycle? "Oh it's never been like this" Oh really? I wasn't aware you were as old as this planet. Get real... stop forcing your opinions down other peoples throats... is it that big of a deal to you that people don't believe in it? Whoa shocker, people have different opinions...

Don't even both creating threads like this... They don't get anywhere because they're full of opinions... everyone has different opinions based on what topic you want to talk about and butting heads is the common method people use to get their opinion across which in hindsight causes arguments and then infractions.

Can we just agree to disagree?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    There's a reason we call them theories... I don't know enough to properly elaborate, but people need to take into consideration that this planet is old... old as fuck... We humans haven't even been on this planet for 1% of it's existence, so why are people assuming that when things change... it's due to some crazy thing that humans did? Why can't this just be a natural cycle?

[snip]
    Because at least trying to possibly stop something bad from happening is far better than blatantly assuming it's not our fault and using it as an excuse to end up doing absolutely nothing about it until it's too late...

Even if it isn't our fault (despite statistics showing the opposite...) I'd at least LIKE to try SOMETHING to stop it from happening than laying back and saying "Oh well, guess we're all BBQ then in 30 years..."
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2012-12-12 at 12:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You seem upset. And If it was I wouldn't be here. You seem to take a reaction to a single person to be suddenly affected to you and the whole community and therefore need to speak for all. Maybe that is why you have such bad opinions and can't do anything but bashing dumb arguments to others. You haven't been contributing much to the discussion so far so please hop along maybe?
    Funny considering your opening post contributed as much as a fart in the wind
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

...and your contribution was? Ignoring the entire discussion and saying something along the lines of "lol mmoc scientists!1!" Nice work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Because at least trying to possibly stop something bad from happening is far better than blatantly assuming it's not our fault and using it as an excuse to end up doing absolutely nothing about it until it's too late...

Even if it isn't our fault (despite statistics showing the opposite...) I'd at least LIKE to try SOMETHING to stop it from happening than laying back and saying "Oh well, guess we're all BBQ then in 30 years..."
    The problem is when this "something" means a reduction in the standards of living that will with certainty cause people to die/live worse lives.

That's why you need to make sure that the cure isn't deadlier than the disease.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    We humans haven't even been on this planet for 1% of it's existence, so why are people assuming that when things change... it's due to some crazy thing that humans did? Why can't this just be a natural cycle?
    No one was alive when the first humans appeared on the earth so there's no way ever at all of telling how long humans have existed for. And we can't tell where greenhouse gasses are coming from or what climates were like tens of thousands of years ago. I mean, no body knows anything about carbon decay rates, isotopes, or how oxygen levels in fossils can be indicators of environmental conditions like temperature and moisture. I mean that would require stuff like physics that we know nothing about. And, like, those ice core thingies don't have little minute atmospheric time capsules (otherwise known as bubbles) in them or anything. Like, we totally don't know anything at all cause nobody was like alive way back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    The problem is when this "something" means a reduction in the standards of living that will with certainty cause people to die/live worse lives.

That's why you need to make sure that the cure isn't deadlier than the disease.
    Like what? I changed to LED Christmas Lights 2 years ago, they haven't burnt out and the entire 180m length uses less power than an old incandescent lightbulb. I spend less on my electricity bill, they use less energy and I save on replacement bulbs and in turn, less waste. Small change...if only everyone could make a few of them...

It's not like we all have to go live in goddamn huts and shit to make an overall impact.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Like what? I changed to LED Christmas Lights 2 years ago, they haven't burnt out and the entire 180m length uses less power than an old incandescent lightbulb. I spend less on my electricity bill, they use less energy and I save on replacement bulbs and in turn, less waste. Small change...if only everyone could make a few of them...

It's not like we all have to go live in goddamn huts and shit to make an overall impact.
    Add to that all the idiots in colder areas of the U.S. who don't properly insulate their homes. If they had proper insulation, they would not have to run their heaters for such a long time and use up so much power. Less heater usage means saving money on energy bills, but it seems people would rather pay a lot for energy than pay a little to insulate their homes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Because people believes, what they want to believe in. Or what they want to hear.

Humanity is a pitiful and weak race.

Yeah, it's a funny coincidence...how making a conscious effort to reduce your energy consumption...saves you money on bills.

that's some shaggy2dope shit right there