Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Here is something they should fix. If you queue as a dps for LFR, then queue as tank for a heroic, if the LFR queue doesn't join (coz not enough heals/tanks click yes or whatever) when it requeues you it updates your role to what you have selected for heroics.

ie. If you queue as dps, do a heroic as tank, it requeues you as tank if you dont get into the first group that pops up.

... so many hours wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this idea. The timer is usually wrong so when I afk and come back, it would say I missed the queue....

I have been a victim to this aspect of the game numerous times, although I do keep WoW sounds on in the background. As a result I do think of ways that Blizz can implement to make it better overall and my best idea is as followed:

If you miss your first queue for anything: LFR, Random BGs, Heroics, then your next queue time is cut in half.

And have this happen up to a maximum of let's say 2 or 3 times. So a regular 30 minute queue gets reduced to 15 mins, then 7.5 minutes. Rather than missing a 30 minute queue twice and an hour of waiting has been reduced by a reasonable amount.

Just a quick thought.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    ^ I mean like if your queue has not popped you can pause it can and go do something else. When you return you continue from your position (players ahead of you) while paused everyone overtakes you.
    So what you really want is the ability to make everyone else wait till you are ready.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 11:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Almostista View Post
    I have been a victim to this aspect of the game numerous times, although I do keep WoW sounds on in the background. As a result I do think of ways that Blizz can implement to make it better overall and my best idea is as followed:

If you miss your first queue for anything: LFR, Random BGs, Heroics, then your next queue time is cut in half.

And have this happen up to a maximum of let's say 2 or 3 times. So a regular 30 minute queue gets reduced to 15 mins, then 7.5 minutes. Rather than missing a 30 minute queue twice and an hour of waiting has been reduced by a reasonable amount.

Just a quick thought.
    You're aware of how the queue works right? So what you want is if you miss a queue when you rejoin it anyone who is in front of you to the halfway mark they get penalized for your ignorance?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You snooze, you lose..
    Don't queue if you aren't absolutely sure you can take the call when it pops up.
    You can check how long you have to wait, and plan from there. Everything else is what others said, punishing others for your own mistake.

i snooze every day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    I agree.

When you have a 30-45 minute queue time you cannot be expected to be paying attention to wow every minute of that, it's unfair because by the time the end of the queue is nearing I always need to pop to the toilet or something, come back and I've been removed from the queue.
    Crazy idea but you could also go to the toilet (or get a drink/food/smoke/whatever crap you want to do) and join the queue when you've done your thing there instead of the other way around.
    Lfr queue system is fine.

Deleted
    Queue. Game says 30min. After 20min you need quick toilet visit. You come back and see you missed the queue.
    Think almost every dps had something like this happen multiple times. And now we also have tanks with terrible queues on our side.

The only garuantee to avoid it is to wait until your body wants to pee and then queue. I hope everyone realises how ridiculous this is.

Solution to all the people saying they absolutely MUST go to the bathroom 95% of the way through their queue every time. Turn on game sounds. Set WoW sounds to play even when minimized. Turn your speakers on to a volume you will here. Go to the bathroom. Listen. Problem solved. If you can't sit the ESTIMATED and I bold that word because the queue tells you its an estimation not exact then don't' queue. If you do and you miss it, it's your own fault. There is no problem with the system just with the people.

Deleted
    I'd prefer a pause queue button over this. Your suggestion is wide open to abuse. It's already annoying to have a tank keep queueing and then cancel just to grief people, really don't want to see dps doing the same.

Suggestions for how this can work without hurting others in favor of you missing the queue.

1) I liked the idea of holding your place. It will pretty much just stop the timer while you're gone doing something and not just sitting and reading a book.
    2) If the queue comes up early and you're not there, you are placed back in queue instead of being removed. This would have to be coupled with something that doesn't throw you immediately into the next queue as well, maybe push you back one or two spots in exchange (a small penalty, but not 40 minutes worth). It would give you time to get back and be ready for the next pop. This would still boot you if you've reached the expected time and you miss it.

As to a couple other things mentioned in thread...

1) Allow you to switch roles up to the point in which you actually hit queue time. This would allow you to decide that you'd rather tank or without jumping out of the pool.
    2) Allow you to invite friends to group, but the initial invite comes with a small penalty (cut your waited time in half vs. the queue maybe?) Right now, this is there so that people can't just queue up and invite others at the last second.

Quote Originally Posted by jimavet View Post
    One idea that could really lessen aggravation for players is to allow people who miss the "join heroic/LFR group" message to be given one automatic placement back into the que, at the beginning of the que. Granted you get 30 seconds to click the join button, but it is amazing how many times I've tried to sneak in some day-to-day things while waiting for a que, only to realize that I've missed joining a group - which then feels like you've wasted all that time waiting for the que in the first place. I have no problem that there is a 30-second time limit in the first place, but it is extremely frustrating to miss the que start, especially when you may have been waiting 10-30 minutes in the first place, simply because you weren't actively looking at your monitor. I was reading a book the other day while sitting in front of my computer and waiting for the que to pop, and the only time I "heard" anything was when the computer dinged to let me know that I had been taken out of que. This is about the only aspect of the game that I can truly say makes me feel tossing the computer out the window when it happens ;-) This system wouldn't hold anyone else up (which extending the time duration to [eg] 60 seconds would), and I can't see how a single reque would give anyone some inappropriate advantage. Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I've had the idea in my head for a while.
    No.
    Just learn to be ready. If you have to pee, go get a cup, or run faster.
    Personally i'm pretty tired of people that click that they're ready and then afks in the instance the first 5 minutes. I can understand it a bit for those that have waited for a long time, but not healers that have close to instant queue.
    It would also make the queue longer for those that actually is ready, that the slackers can just requeue.

I don't have sound on, so i don't know if there's a sound for it popping up. If not it should just have the option for you to individually adjust that sound, so you can get an earthshattering sound from the computer when it pops. And know to run for it
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

As far as I'm concerned you can be placed back into the queue, automatically even. But NOT at the front of it. Just start your waiting time all over again! Just don't be so stupid to miss your queue pop up all the time, turning your sound on pretty loud while going for a smoke, coffee, tea, pancake, etc isn't that difficult is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    1) Allow you to switch roles up to the point in which you actually hit queue time. This would allow you to decide that you'd rather tank or without jumping out of the pool.
    2) Allow you to invite friends to group, but the initial invite comes with a small penalty (cut your waited time in half vs. the queue maybe?) Right now, this is there so that people can't just queue up and invite others at the last second.
    First thing would require to add a time-stamp to your queing. Otherwise you would queue up as tank, move fast forward, and switch to dps, and thus have jumped the entire queue. Doesn't sound too hard to make though.
    Second. A small penalty wouldn't help. The queue-time for 2 or even 3 dps is a lot higher than for a single dps from start. To make a system that did it in a fair way would be a waste of time since you in the end would get a +10 minutes queue for each dps you pop in, more or less. Maybe not a total waste of time, but the advantage seem very small <.<
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

OP's solution is just rewarding your failure to act in time, but I agree with the sentiment that you get screwed when the queue times are absolutely off. As a tank, I just don't bother doing LFR anymore because sometimes it says it'll take around 10 minutes and takes an hour, and sometimes it says 45 minutes and takes an hour and a half.

Would you be willing to guestimate how many people miss the queue every single minute out of wow's millions of users? If each of those were tossed back into an instant queue it would result in a 'new queue' of just those people. It would be load on the servers to juggle those instant queue people, etc etc etc.

Something like the Disney FastPass would be great. You wait some long-ish amount of time, then you have a few minute window to announce you are ready to jump in the next instance that pops. The queue might pop up and ask "Ready now?" and you have a few seconds to respond, and if you don't respond but are still in the fastpass window, it's fine.

Hmm, I guess there are a lot of potential holes in that, but having a longer window to respond without slowing down others would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    A pause or a time out button is actually a pretty cool idea. Make it like a 5-10 minute pause button that you can use once per day.

It freezes your position in the queue. So if you are 26th in line and you pause it, you stay 26th in line until you un-pause and 27+ are shuffled past you as raid groups form while you are paused.

I rarely miss queue times as I do the sound on full trick when I have to leave my computer while in a queue. Been a couple of naked sprints from the shower to click accept. But the pause button would be very helpful for unforeseen circumstances, Helping with groceries, someone at the door, phone call, forgetting to pay your rent and having to run to the office before they close.

Quote Originally Posted by jimavet View Post
    How is this punishing someone else?
    Because, at least for 5 mans, i have to sit through 5 or 6 queue pops of one afk dps not accepting. Your way, you get to waste my time with no consequence AND quite possibly increase that 5 or 6 to something higher.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-12-13 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Yeah, this is the only way I'd support this -- if it gave you a second, final chance if your queue pops earlier than the average wait time.

Otherwise, as a whole it would just make the entire system take longer. 30 seconds isn't a whole lot but it adds up quick.
    And if you miss the second chance, you get a 60 minute debuff - that i would support fully