Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Gz on the kill; out of curiosity, when I met you in a LFR on my warrior, I asked you if you were going to do any more solos this exp, you told me "if I finally get the necessary trinket", was it this boss that you were referring to?
    i think that was at a time were i still had 2 ToT trinkets. which just completely suck ass for soloing, any soo trinket is a really huge upgrade. or i was referring to klaxxi trinket which is bis for blood dps together with thok, but i still dont have it and it wouldnt matter for this boss. i cant really remember what exactly i was referring too, its been a while ;D
    Last edited by Raegwyn; 2013-11-28 at 01:36 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Ah forgot about staghelm. Doubt he is even close to possible with the aoe vengeance nerf. I'm probably overstating the gear I had when I went in there first time, so Chimaeron is probably possible yeah. Thanks for the correction.
    I would disagree here. I think Majordomo is doable with ~480-490 gear.
    Reasons:
    1) The enrage on normal mode (63k DPS) was never an issue, surviving through the "soft enrage" was.
    2) We are buffed greatly in this regard by the Scent of Blood change, and the item level requirement was a bit less than 500 (pre-5.4).
    3) We don't scale too well with Vengeance anyways.

Edit:
    @Raegwyn
    Was Dark Animus' enrage timer an issue?
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2013-11-28 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Was Dark Animus' enrage timer an issue?
    I'm not Raegwyn, but no, you need only ~100k dps to beat the enrage
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Raegwyn View Post
    Thx for mentioning who killed it...
    I agree that Mione could have mentioned you, but you could also grow up and stop biting anytime one of you do something that displeases the other (whether it's intended or not.)

It's not like the spreadsheet gives names anyway, because, you know, the thread is more about what can be soloed and how, not about who killed something first, hence the non-nominative spreadsheet.
    Also, your kill is basically a reproduction of Small Snowball's strategy. It's more a case of "ok, we can do it too" like Immerseus was, so I'm not surprised Mione doesn't expand much on it.
    Last edited by Senen; 2013-11-29 at 06:38 AM.

i look at the spreadsheet and i dont see

"killed by mionee"
    "killed by mionee"
    "killed by mionee"
    "killed by mionee"
    "killed by mionee"
    "killed by mionee"

for the rest of the bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Did Yogg-0 as Frost because why not, first attempt, idk how to wipe really :x

was a bit faster than as blood but nothing huge (killed it before the second heal even went out)

edit: and beat my old LK speedkill as frost, too ~~
    4:39 when he actually casted fury iirc
    Hey Mione!
    Could you expand a little bit more on how you did the fight as frost?
    Death Siphon or Conversion? glyphing outbreak?
    I suppose you're nearly BiS, is it mandatory or can be done with lower, how about the cd reduction trinket?
    I have near BiS tank gear but going the avoidance route, which is pretty bad for yogg (no riposte in brain room hurts), I have thoks/tank cd reduction trinket, and like 562 in dps gear. I cant reliably do it in blood, with perfect rng I can do it in 1 brain phase and kill him but most of the time I end up doing 2 brain rooms, spend too much time clearing tentacles, and get overwhelmed.
    I had quite a few tries as frost already too, since it made doing it in 1 brainphase much easier, but constrictors seem to die (much) slower and not being an engineer I often get gripped a few times before I reach the big tentacle. Then P3.. I get overwhelmed, what do you do here, do you clear tentacles and go nuts on the boss, move out for beacons? Stuff hurts, by the time I cleared all tentacles im already close to the point of dying

Out of interest, how "mandatory" is having engineering to reliably do this fight anyways?
    Seem alot of people manage to kill it weekly, and I could too as blood, but im nowhere near just oneshotting it every week :/
    Last edited by falagar112; 2013-11-29 at 06:40 PM.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I used Death Siphon. Conversion is way too big of a DPS loss while DSi is not that bad.

My current gear on armory is my DPS gear, so I have warforged belt/bracers/weapon + everything else heroic.
    You can do 1 brain phase as blood by maximising how you do the brain phases. You can't waste time on tentacles, just run constantly and always dps something. Now that you start with 100 sanity instead of 30~, you can completely ignore the skulls in the brain room. Just focus on tentacles and nothing else, use army on the brain.
    Even with 2 brain rooms, you should still be able to kill it though, as long as you kill tentacles asap when leaving.

As Frost you use unholy blight/bb/dnd to kill the first constrictor asap and then you should have plenty enough time to get to the crusher, once there you just wait. you can howling blast corruptors that spawn nearby. brain phase is trivial as frost, do not waste army on it. you can leave the brain around 33-34% or so (dots will finish it off easily if you just refreshed them)
    pop army as soon as you leave brain (more pets = more chances at debuffs on them), focus down the corruptors, then kill the remaining crusher. then kill yogg. I spammed HB a bit more than necessary during the add healing so they remained on low health.

That's pretty much it, felt extremely easy tbh so I'm not sure why the encounter keeps giving trouble :P
    Thanks for a fast answer!
    You mentioned that you only got 1 heal off as frost, did you position it properly or ignored it and outdps'ed it?
    What is giving me trouble personally is sometimes not reaching the big tentacle after a single constrictor due to either placement or stun/slow debuffs, I do use ams and deaths advance but not being an engineer, meh. Then in phase 3, the stun debuff is a pain in the ass + random shadow beacon heals on tentacles at times. I even take purification pots with me incase I get bombared before the brain room spawns.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Thanks for a fast answer!
    You mentioned that you only got 1 heal off as frost, did you position it properly or ignored it and outdps'ed it?
    What is giving me trouble personally is sometimes not reaching the big tentacle after a single constrictor due to either placement or stun/slow debuffs, I do use ams and deaths advance but not being an engineer, meh. Then in phase 3, the stun debuff is a pain in the ass + random shadow beacon heals on tentacles at times. I even take purification pots with me incase I get bombared before the brain room spawns.
    If you aren't able to survive p3 as Frost in your gear just go back to Blood and use your DPS gear. I killed Yogg Tuesday in 551 DPS gear after about 7 attempts just to get used to how to handle p2, brain phase, and p3.

Quote Originally Posted by Raegwyn View Post
    Thx for mentioning who killed it...
    I laughed. Hard. Thanks for that!

Deleted
    I thought they just made the HP scaling to the players attacking them?

Can someone elaborate the strat for 10m spine?

Quote Originally Posted by Lantupointo View Post
    think of it like a game of ping pong you jsut gotta keep bouncing back and forth over and over so you dont get rolled off

how i understand it start off killing all the tentacles then make usre you kill the new one just before it casts fiery grip
    Last edited by Forikorder; 2013-12-01 at 07:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lantupointo View Post
    There's no RNG on grips !

This encounter can be summed up like this :

1) Normal phase = 30 secs before the grip (DBM timer). You have to do as much damages as possible in order to make the second phase easier.
    2) Phase two = about 4 secs before the grip, stop to use DS or any heal you have cuz if you break the Searing Plasma debuff (heal absorb) while the grip timer's over, you will automaticaly being gripped = death.
    3) Timing aspect for the tendons phase = During P1 and P2, use HS in order to make damages to the tentacles with great movements. HS's the best way to destroy the tentacles without loosing that much dps on the amalgamations (cuz Spine is a race somewhere). If the main amalgamation (9 stacks) is low life, you can finish the tentacle before destroying him near to the platform. If the timing's good, you'll not get annoyed with the grip during the burst phase.
    Also, your diseases are very useful on the tentacle, but beware ! Tentacle's health must be handled correctly.

Finally, don't forget the roll.

Quote Originally Posted by SiverDX View Post
    I thought they just made the HP scaling to the players attacking them?
    They did, but it's still nice for people on small pop realms (or for those people who still don't use OR/OQ or whatever)

When soloing frost infusion, can I swap to regular weapons once I've taken four breaths with Shadows Edge equipped?

Also looking for recommendations for 1h for valithria.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brandox View Post
    When soloing frost infusion, can I swap to regular weapons once I've taken four breaths with Shadows Edge equipped?

I use a pair of Dimensional Blades.

Quote Originally Posted by brandox View Post
    I ran through AQ40 and used the first two random 1h that dropped, so it doesn't really matter as long as it is low. Obv the faster, the better, but the difference is probably not that high.
    Also, heart strike is your friend!
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Completed frost infusion and yes, you can swap to a normal weapon once you have completed all four breaths. Valithria is fun! Draenei buff seemed to make it easy.

I use Adamantite Rapier. It is a BC crafted sword.

Don't forget to also Runeforge Rune of the Nerubian Carapace. Stamina greatly affects your Bloodworms.

One of this guys can sell you Draenic Sparring Blade after you kill Saurfang. 1.7 speed, 39 dps.