Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    You won't be able to solo that part of the quest. Putricide despawns when only the abom is left alive during his encounter.

As far as the trash goes, there is a set of mobs that do % based damage. They need to be handled. Watch your debuffs and make sure to keep stuff interupted/stunned/silenced as much as you can.
    Ghoul+AotD will occupy him long enough to complete Unholy solo. However since you still need people for Blood you may as well do all the infusions in one clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    I am trying to do the ICC 25 man as Blood in DPS gear for part Shadowmorne quest that entails killing Putricide. I can 10 man it easy kill everything get the doors open, then switch to 25man (normal) for the quest and that respawns some trash in front of the door.

I can kill the two Abominations easy, but the two Postulating Horrors that both pull at the same time no matter what kill me in about 5 seconds, probably hit harder that LK does.

How do those of you that have soloed this content deal with them?
    What's killing you here is the % dot they put on you. Use all of your cds (except AotD) to survive as you really don't need the big ones for the rest of the instance. Control Undead a Plague Scientist as well for a free 100% damage buff.

Deleted
    Hey guys, quick question. I'm doing Valithria with the "spawn blood worms" technique, and failing so far. I've been using level 548 2.60 weapons, and I think that's part of the problem: they hit too hard, but also, maybe they're not fast enough.

Any easy to get / buy weapons you would recommend for that fight?

This is what I use successfully...

http://wowhead.com/item=44638

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Thanks for the response. I just killed him! It seems that I was having resource management problems, as I tried it with plague leech and glyphed Outbreak and one-shot it. I only used a flask of the earth, so I guess I'll try heroic day after tomorrow with more consumables

Also killed Yor'sahj on first attempt before logging off, lol. That fight is pretty easy.
    Heroic is a lot harder, good luck And yeah, Yor'sahj is a joke, it is impossible to die

Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    This is what I use successfully...

http://wowhead.com/item=44638
    Pretty good idea O_o
    I've been running 60 stuff and used the first 2 weapons I got. 548 is by far too much!
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Deleted
    Used 2 weapons of about 100 ilvl, 270 and 260 speed, and it went without any trouble. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Ghoul+AotD will occupy him long enough to complete Unholy solo. However since you still need people for Blood you may as well do all the infusions in one clear.
    Good to know. I was under the impression they didn't last long enough (I did the infusion with a friend because of that)

So every week for months now I've been going back and killing Yogg25 +0 for the mount. I started doing it as Blood, then switched to do it as 2H frost since I had the gear to do it, both specs were insanely frustrating since I seem to always end up the furthest possible distance from a Crusher tentacle when phase 2 starts and occasionally I would just end up getting chain constricted/debuffed to the point that I couldn't even enter the brain room much less kill it in time for a single room phase. Some weeks I'd get lucky and 1 shot it, others I'd wipe for an hour, almost totally at the mercy of RNG.

However last week I decided that I'd swap frost for unholy (in spite of my hate for pet management) and holy crap is Yogg so much easier. Perma pet + blood boils that do more than tickle make Constrictors a non issue, unholy's superior DSi lets you keep your health topped off, and super diseases + garg rape the brain room so you can leave it early and clear up whatever tentacles are left before phase 3 even starts.

Anyway, I finally got myself a lockout for Elegon so it's time to go work on that solo, wish me luck!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    jin'rokh killed, screenshot inc later~

- - - Updated - - -

best screenshot we might get, thanks twitch being shit :C
    YAYAY congratulations!

Could you try Galleon? It might be doable now!
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2014-05-22 at 01:30 AM.

jin'rokh killed, screenshot inc later~

- - - Updated - - -

best screenshot we might get, thanks twitch being shit :C
    This is due to +8 ilvl, right?

yes. "only" upgraded 6 items instead of the theoretical 8 possible because I didn't have the VP cap when the patch hit
    Get your VP then and solo Horridon!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    Get your VP then and solo Horridon!
    Be better tojust duo with 2 tanks or 1 tank + 1 damage with decent self-healing and disease dispel.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Be better tojust duo with 2 tanks or 1 tank + 1 damage with decent self-healing and disease dispel.
    Duo is quite easy, did dk + lock a while ago. You don't need dispel, just let range dps kill the adds on the 3rd gates.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

Hi. Simple question: I'm trying to set up a set of gear to use on soloing only. I'm not very good at stats calculation and things like that (besides I am not a good player, really) so I have used Mr. Robot so far. Which base is good to determine reforges and gemming? 2H Frost or UH? My current gear is = Ozziè - Twisting Nether (can't post links yet).
    Last edited by OzzieDK; 2014-05-22 at 06:26 PM.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A8/advanced for the lazy people.

You should be fine with your crit gear.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDK View Post
    Hi. Simple question: I'm trying to set up a set of gear to use on soloing only. I'm not very good at stats calculation and things like that (besides I am not a good player, really) so I have used Mr. Robot so far. Which base is good to determine reforges and gemming? 2H Frost or UH? My current gear is = Ozziè - Twisting Nether (can't post links yet).
    Just curious why you're ignoring every socket bonus as crafty gems at least will let your reforge expertise on gear to something useful while allowing you to pick up those strength bonuses.

Might also want some more Haste depending on what level of soloing you're doing.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this video from MoP pre-5.4, and was wondering how on earth the DK manages to outheal 300k+ Vengeance (seems to be able to do it indefinitely) in sub-550 gear without any special survivability buff.

small short bursts of damage and not constant 300k vengeance which leads to being able to have a good cd rotation when needed, tons of small adds rather than big chunks of damage which smoothes it out a lot, tons of small adds so lots of parryhaste, AMS useable on CD, not MoP content so the formulas are slightly more favorable when it comes to the little bit of physical damage.

still impressive nonetheless, but yeah, plenty of reasons. mostly the fact about it being short bursts of damage and not constant damage + having lots of targets
    Hmm, why is there a difference? Aren't those sorts of formulas updated with the expansion (hence why bosses like Twin Emperors melee for 10-20k)?

15+ Year Old Account
    In the vid he pulled a lot of trash mobs as well, which are lvl87 iirc, so they have reduced chance to land a hit on lvl90 players.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not entirely solo, went LFR to update my WoL ranks ( yes, i'm an LFR hero), pulled boss with trash and found that the raidgrp was still killing 1st trashpack. Mkay, solotime...
    http://i.imgur.com/jvmOJtN.jpg
    WoL http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...?s=3303&e=4054

Deleted
    Haven't been in thread in months.
    Is Thorim still not soloable without engineering trick ?