10+ Year Old Account
    i'm currently at ilvl 519 with my dps gear, and am searching for fights i could do with my current ilvl. i have to say that i failed at killing bosses like chimaeron 10 normal (was barely able to do it with spirit of corehammer or so) and warmaster blackhorn 10 normal (died at like 30% on my best try - i'm not an engineer -.-") dunno what i'm doing wrong on both fights. i also wasnt able to kill alakir 25normal but i think thats because i fail to handle the stormlings correctly..

edit: many of the enjoyable bosses seem to favor engineering (shannox, blackhorn for example) which makes me sad somehow.. (cant afford to skill engineering)
    Last edited by Xarganthos; 2013-07-23 at 10:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    i'm currently at ilvl 519 with my dps gear, and am searching for fights i could do with my current ilvl. i have to say that i failed at killing bosses like chimaeron 10 normal (was barely able to do it with spirit of corehammer or so) and warmaster blackhorn 10 normal (died at like 30% on my best try - i'm not an engineer -.-") dunno what i'm doing wrong on both fights. i also wasnt able to kill alakir 25normal but i think thats because i fail to handle the stormlings correctly..

edit: many of the enjoyable bosses seem to favor engineering (shannox, blackhorn for example) which makes me sad somehow.. (cant afford to skill engineering)
    About Al'akir 25, you'll need more gear I guess. I did it with 535 or so and I hit berserk short before I took him down, could have done it faster ofc. You don't need engi for warmaster nor shannox.

Well been pretty nice for mount collecting these last two weeks; got Blazing (Madness) and Jade Direhorn two resets ago and Experiment 12-B (Ultraxion) and the wind drake from Vortex Pinnacle last reset. Only raid drop boss I have yet to attempt solo so far is Yogg 0 but been hesitant to try after reading about the RNG of the encounter (My DK if anyone wants to make a suggestion whether she's geared to do it, have DPS 4 set I can switch to if it's better). Only other thing I could do is try and solo LK on my Warrior but don't think he's geared enough to do it without Infest cheesing which doesn't seem possible given the current toolkit.

Thanks for the suggestions I'll try them out when I get a chance to set my gear up for soloing again (I don't have any DPS gear so I have to redo all my tank gear).

just wanted to know if anyone tried goblin glider to skip val in icc lately. tried it yesterday and it didnt work at all. did it the same way ive been doin this last 30 resets or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    About Al'akir 25, you'll need more gear I guess. I did it with 535 or so and I hit berserk short before I took him down, could have done it faster ofc. You don't need engi for warmaster nor shannox.
    okay didnt know alakir is that challenging. got him to 19% when he enraged and i had let the debuff run out one or two times -.-

killing shannox (okay tried it heroic) was impossible as i wasnt able to reset my stacks (speed buff, strifing etc), same as blackhorn.. he just refreshed the stack even tough he wasnt near me

Deleted
    Hey, I don't know if this question was asked before, but is it better to go for haste or crit for soloing?
    I saw dk's going for pure crit and I'm not realy sure if I should try it out, didn't want to spent a ton of money for regemming/reforging.

And I wan't to say something about FL... **** Baleroc, I spent 3 hours on him and had to give up...I got every single try decimate blade 2 times in a row and rng is not my friend :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1 View Post
    Hey, I don't know if this question was asked before, but is it better to go for haste or crit for soloing?
    I saw dk's going for pure crit and I'm not realy sure if I should try it out, didn't want to spent a ton of money for regemming/reforging.

And I wan't to say something about FL... **** Baleroc, I spent 3 hours on him and had to give up...I got every single try decimate blade 2 times in a row and rng is not my friend :/
    i dont know if there's more but on page 101 there has been a short haste vs crit discussion

Deleted
    Thanks Xarganthos, I will keep the haste setup. Nyanmaru said if you can reach above 35% haste it's better than crit. I hope I can trust :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    What good does haste do you if you physically can't use the resources you have because you haven't got any free GCDs?

At ~10-15% Haste you are at the point that you start wasting resources because you haven't got enough global cooldowns. If you manage to get to a level of ~35-40% haste you can disregard HS totally and just spam DS and RS. Between 15% and 35% haste, Crit is better for damage output.
    Anyone able to put the numberical value on that haste? (Since i am at work, i am not able to access most sites)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by juppti View Post
    just wanted to know if anyone tried goblin glider to skip val in icc lately. tried it yesterday and it didnt work at all. did it the same way ive been doin this last 30 resets or something.
    Val is protected by the goddess of RNG

Any1 able to give me some tips about how normal 10 BWD nef (solo, of course) is done. My gear lies somewhere between normal and normal thunderforged (t15 full tank). So here's my questions:
    Is it doable with my current Ilvl?
    If it is, then how?

And i have watched your video Mionee. Gracefully done. But for me it seems impossible to get aggro on the skeletons with my normal ghoul. Any advises?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseGoesHam View Post
    Any1 able to give me some tips about how normal 10 BWD nef (solo, of course) is done. My gear lies somewhere between normal and normal thunderforged (t15 full tank). So here's my questions:
    If it is, then how?

And i have watched your video Mionee. Gracefully done. But for me it seems impossible to get aggro on the skeletons with my normal ghoul. Any advises?
    i have absolutely no idea if i did it how it should be done, but i've done normal nef recently just for fun (without knowing how to do it). i was at ilvl 519 dps gear. i'm sure with dps reforges and gems your gear should definitely be fine (but dps weren't an issue trust me). i got nef to 80% before finishing off onyxia and never bothered controlling a skeleton. p2 i just interrupted the add on the plattform and used selfcds to heal me up while swimming to the next one. p3 i just focussed nef, stood out of the flames and ignored the skeletons. dont know if it helped but when he was casting his shadow breath i ran in a circle to try and prevent the skeletons from standing in it. i oneshotted him xD

pardon my english please. maybe this can also be of any help.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseGoesHam View Post
    If it is, then how?

Use Control Undead on a Animated Bone Warrior, and let it stand in the Shadowflame Breath. With enough stacks it might even be able to out-damage you - you could even try controlling a different one later into the fight.

Edit: As Karlzone said, it keeps on fighting even after you die. Since it has 38.4M health, it isn't going down anytime soon, and someone in this thread actually wiped at 15% and had their pet annihilate Nefarian while they were dead, lol.
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2013-07-24 at 08:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Use Control Undead on a Animated Bone Warrior, and let it stand in the Shadowflame Breath. With enough stacks it might even be able to out-damage you - you could even try controlling a different one later into the fight.
    The very best thing about it is that it doesn't really die when you do. It just keeps the fight going. This of course is a bug, and I wouldn't use it for soloing "progress" as I feel like it takes away the challenge.

Ok, is it just impossible to solo Gunship in ICC on 25? I was an idiot and killed Marrowgar on 25H so it's stuck on 25m normal.

I either can't do enough damage to the ship, or I'm not killing the adds fast enough. i don't even know at this point, but I just want to solo more and NOBODY will help me with ICC because my entire guild is full of selfish pricks right now, and don't login except to raid because the tier's 'over'.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    Ok, is it just impossible to solo Gunship in ICC on 25? I was an idiot and killed Marrowgar on 25H so it's stuck on 25m normal.

I either can't do enough damage to the ship, or I'm not killing the adds fast enough. i don't even know at this point, but I just want to solo more and NOBODY will help me with ICC because my entire guild is full of selfish pricks right now, and don't login except to raid because the tier's 'over'.
    What do you mean? just invite someone convert to raid, zone out set to 10 man and then zone in. IF you do that you are good and can just kill it on 10 man. IF you zone in solo you can not swap between 10 an 25 as each time you swap from 25 to 10 it will reset it back to what ever you killed marrowgar on, in this case 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    What do you mean? just invite someone convert to raid, zone out set to 10 man and then zone in. IF you do that you are good and can just kill it on 10 man. IF you zone in solo you can not swap between 10 an 25 as each time you swap from 25 to 10 it will reset it back to what ever you killed marrowgar on, in this case 25 man.
    You're missing the part where there's absolutely dick-all for people to help me, even with something that simple.

It's a great raiding guild. Just, don't try to get them to do anything that isn't current-content raiding with you.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post

I m on the same boss, I want to do it on 25 (collecting shards), what I plan to do is

Nuke ship with cannon, kill own boss adds asap, kill enemy closest adds (bersekers) then mage, repeat. I believe as Frost is doable at least on 25 normal.

I believe the adds that spawn from the portal do the most damage on our ship and then is bersekers, the adds on the back of the enemy ship are dying by the cannon.

Dont give up, I ve soloed 9/12 last week (ship/saurfang/valithria excluded) on 25 hc (hmm fester on 25 normal though) and I m planning a 11/12 25hc clear and have some healers help me with val...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    he said he killed Marrowgar on 25h which means he has a 25 heroic ID now. he cant switch to 10n anymore only 25n