I'm at 589 for DPS gear, I'll give H Al'Akir 25 a shot on Tuesday as Frost

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to solo Jin'rokh on beta (level 100, of course) as Unholy?

Almost 100 wipes for al'akir 25 hc, so annoying, I even found out that as blood in dps gear 578 I have 1 min 30 to enrage when I get to p3 on best tries, but it's still not enough to kill him I think, and having adds up there is so hard, and with the other strategy, enrage 60-70 mil, get vengeance, kill him quickly, it's also hard to keep feedback up, if tries where I keep 15 stacks of feedback at enrage happened more often it'd be interesting, but today hours and hours and not a single try like that.

@Tatsh: I would consider it impossible as frost because you just don't have the survival to do it, but who knows, maybe with that gear... I reached wipe 100 and stopped for now, back to farming buffs, last try was good though, enraged at 58 mil, survived till 24, so p3 from 42 to 24 enraged, went down rather fast considering I had no feedback, if only I could keep it up reliably, he'd have taken 45 mil damage instead of 18 mil during p3 and would've died in that try.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2014-09-14 at 12:23 AM.

Deleted
    I've got my hands on a HoF lockout at 3/6 defeated.

I'll give Wind Lord some tries when I'm free.

So, finally, after 147 wipes, I managed to solo al'akir 25 hc, by far the hardest boss I have soloed so far, followed by yogg 25 HM (58 attempts) and m'uru in cata (55 attempts), took me several days of several hours per day, at least 3,5k gold of repairs, some time farming buffs too, and really satisfied.

Used 577 item level, full dps gear crit > haste > mastery except legendary tank meta and timeless isle mastery dodge trinket, which I found very useful to outheal p2 enrage, as I could activate it when I wanted, and with all cds I had 85% avoidance at the enrage.

Difficulties:

1) Avoiding squall lines while carrying on the other stuff needed to kill boss, sometimes having very bad positions
    2) Kiting stormlings when they were more than 5 without killing them too quickly cause I needed them at the end
    3) Timing almost perfectly the stormling kills, because feedback lasts 20 seconds and same for their spawn time
    4) Outhealing enrage correctly
    5) Doing the right amount of damage on the last 1-2 stormlings to be able to refresh feedback 7 seconds after p3 starts

This obviously requires also good rng, bad rng can ruin a good try in almost everything here.

Last important thing I noticed: I was able to get him on p3 in 8 min 30 in full dps gear 578, BUT it would've been insanely hard to get feedback stacks up and then again 2 stormlings for 40 seconds of full dps on p3, also it was hard to survive for that long in non-enraged p3 without using cds, and even then he'd have enraged at 10 millions.

Basically p3 enrage is brutal, it only gives you 200k vengeance and it will never miss you, all magic damage, while p2 enrage gives 850-900k vengeance if you have the tank gear to get that high, but you can even survive 500-650k in dps gear and thanks to blood shield and being the damage physical, so also avoidance, you are able to survive p2 enrage more easily, therefore my strategy (which was also what the warrior who soloed this did) revolved around having low enough dps so that he enraged on p2 and with the vengeance boost I got nuke him quick enough on p3 with feedback.

Really stressing but fun once you get him down!

Recorded too but takes a while to upload, so for now here's 2 screens, unfortunately an addon is covering the number, so could be 25 hc or 10 hc, but 1) I wouldn't take that long to kill 10 hc and 2) on 2nd screenshot there's the damage done, way too high for 10 hc, and obviously, on 2nd screenshot, 125 gold only drops on 25 hc.

https://imageshack.com/i/idAJn8Iwj
    https://imageshack.com/i/ipToGJRrj

Ah, other thing, I had to swap from DBM to bigwigs for this fight only, because, even enabling the option, DBM does NOT show the acid rain stacks after the first, I know they are every 15 seconds, but with all there is to do it really helps if you get told when you can AMS and drop them.

Deleted
    Sweet thread! My frost dk should realy learn how to handle her blood side more :/

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    So, finally, after 147 wipes, I managed to solo al'akir 25 hc, by far the hardest boss I have soloed so far, followed by yogg 25 HM (58 attempts) and m'uru in cata (55 attempts), took me several days of several hours per day, at least 3,5k gold of repairs, some time farming buffs too, and really satisfied.

Used 577 item level, full dps gear crit > haste > mastery except legendary tank meta and timeless isle mastery dodge trinket, which I found very useful to outheal p2 enrage, as I could activate it when I wanted, and with all cds I had 85% avoidance at the enrage.

Difficulties:

1) Avoiding squall lines while carrying on the other stuff needed to kill boss, sometimes having very bad positions
    2) Kiting stormlings when they were more than 5 without killing them too quickly cause I needed them at the end
    3) Timing almost perfectly the stormling kills, because feedback lasts 20 seconds and same for their spawn time
    4) Outhealing enrage correctly
    5) Doing the right amount of damage on the last 1-2 stormlings to be able to refresh feedback 7 seconds after p3 starts

This obviously requires also good rng, bad rng can ruin a good try in almost everything here.

Last important thing I noticed: I was able to get him on p3 in 8 min 30 in full dps gear 578, BUT it would've been insanely hard to get feedback stacks up and then again 2 stormlings for 40 seconds of full dps on p3, also it was hard to survive for that long in non-enraged p3 without using cds, and even then he'd have enraged at 10 millions.

Basically p3 enrage is brutal, it only gives you 200k vengeance and it will never miss you, all magic damage, while p2 enrage gives 850-900k vengeance if you have the tank gear to get that high, but you can even survive 500-650k in dps gear and thanks to blood shield and being the damage physical, so also avoidance, you are able to survive p2 enrage more easily, therefore my strategy (which was also what the warrior who soloed this did) revolved around having low enough dps so that he enraged on p2 and with the vengeance boost I got nuke him quick enough on p3 with feedback.

Really stressing but fun once you get him down!

Recorded too but takes a while to upload, so for now here's 2 screens, unfortunately an addon is covering the number, so could be 25 hc or 10 hc, but 1) I wouldn't take that long to kill 10 hc and 2) on 2nd screenshot there's the damage done, way too high for 10 hc, and obviously, on 2nd screenshot, 125 gold only drops on 25 hc.

https://imageshack.com/i/idAJn8Iwj
    https://imageshack.com/i/ipToGJRrj

Ah, other thing, I had to swap from DBM to bigwigs for this fight only, because, even enabling the option, DBM does NOT show the acid rain stacks after the first, I know they are every 15 seconds, but with all there is to do it really helps if you get told when you can AMS and drop them.

Congratulations!! Very nicely done.

It seems that Mione has yet to mark Al'akir, Zon'ozz, and Hagara 25H as being done.

Quote Originally Posted by Annabella88 View Post
    Sweet thread! My frost dk should realy learn how to handle her blood side more :/
    There is stuff you can solo as frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post

It seems that Mione has yet to mark Al'akir, Zon'ozz, and Hagara 25H as being done.
    Deathwing 25 too :>

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I updated the sheet, but someone will have to take over the thread and the spreadsheet eventually. I'm not going to keep reading here forever
    I assume you're still planning on posting the 4.0 thread, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore
    @Tatsh: I would consider it impossible as frost because you just don't have the survival to do it, but who knows, maybe with that gear... I reached wipe 100 and stopped for now, back to farming buffs, last try was good though, enraged at 58 mil, survived till 24, so p3 from 42 to 24 enraged, went down rather fast considering I had no feedback, if only I could keep it up reliably, he'd have taken 45 mil damage instead of 18 mil during p3 and would've died in that try.
    Yeah you were right, I tried once as DPS and got completely stomped, wasn't even close to being able to out-heal the damage.

Did some easier content as DW Frost last night, Valiona and Theralion 10HC, Sinestra 10m, and almost got Elementium Monstrosity 10hc.

Also solo'd Supermassive 10m last week as Blood, now to figure out how to solo Nerf Scrapbots 25m >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsh View Post
    Yeah you were right, I tried once as DPS and got completely stomped, wasn't even close to being able to out-heal the damage.

Did some easier content as DW Frost last night, Valiona and Theralion 10HC, Sinestra 10m, and almost got Elementium Monstrosity 10hc.

Also solo'd Supermassive 10m last week as Blood, now to figure out how to solo Nerf Scrapbots 25m >_<
    Yes, he hits 50k in blood spec really, means over 100k crits as frost. Also well done on madness 25 solo as frost, that went completely under the radar, I had excluded it because I 2-manned it as blood in dps gear with a frost mage and we beat enrage by 10 sec in 560 and 550 item level, not thinking that in top gear you might survive it in dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post

Thanks, was really nice to finally kill it. Also nice to have the spreadsheet updated again.

Curiosity: was trying proving grounds as frost for the 30 endless dps, I know it can be done etc., but seemed too hard, so went unholy, had never played it ever before and in 1 hour and 30 did it, but before I switch back to frost (sunday), I heard unholy burst is way superior to frost 2h, how would they compare? Assuming being in just under 580 item level on both specs? Like 20% more, 50% more (for example)?

Sorry for double post, but no one answered any more to the thread for a while and I noticed something very interesting and mysterious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWSda6_u6x0

You can see in this video, the dk who sometimes links here, on chimaeron 25 hc solo, at about 8 mins, go exactly when enrage starts to be sure, that something weird is happening.

I didn't notice it directly in the video, but basically, once he gets to very low hp (20k or so, due to enrage damage and the 99% less healing debuff that you get when chimaeron goes in last phase) even if he doesn't have blood shield tracker, you can see it's always up, so at first I thought chimaeron had always missed him.

But he actually hits him but for irrelevant damage, while before dropping that low you can see he hits really hard when enraged, and in some of my attempts he hit me like 1-1,2 mil per hit when I didn't have cds up!

And I got a kill as well in an unexpected try where I didn't bother to use the typical strategy evil eye of galakras + army, then swap trinket and re-cast army during a massacre for vengeance, and I didn't even use potion or drums of rage at the enrage, but checking my video really, at the start the enrage does the normal damage, but when I get low I get the same that happened to that dk, I even have blood shield tracker, at some point I had 531k blood shield, I saw a red hit in the middle of the screen (melee) for 234k but my shield only went down to 509k, then later, I had 735k blood shield, saw a 364k hit taken but my shield only went down to 713k, so as you can see with 2 very different hits I get 22k shield loss, and also after that I went from 713k to 693k with an even bigger hit, 438k!

From what I see here it seems like you can't lose more blood shield in 1 hit than your remaining hp value, because I had 23k-18k hp during this time, really odd.

I assume this is a bug and that the special mechanic on chimaeron where you need to be very low hp (like under 10k) to be killed if the robot is active influences this, but it really shouldn't work that way IMO; anyone had similar experiences, maybe even in other chimaeron difficulties?
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2014-09-21 at 04:23 AM.

Ah, thanks for the info, interesting, didn't really notice this before going into 25 hc soloing myself, as it was possible to beat enrage on all other difficulties and I always did it with enough mastery to not dip that low, only 10 normal a few times as I did it with like 80% mastery.

Checking my video better now, looking at exact hp as well, I notice I actually lose an amount of shield identical to my max hp, so 22k, 22k, 20k, so yes, that explains it.

Well, it seems Cataclysm 25H bosses won't be 30-second affairs, but will be somewhat close to what Wrath 25-man bosses are like today (2.5-4 minute kills).

Deleted
    I don't mean to get slightly off topic with this but since I'll be hitting 90 soon on my DK, is there anything I "need"? I have no guild so the best I can do for gear is either PVP or else raid finder.

Other than those options, profession wise is there anything that's useful? I mean engineering was mentioned once or twice here but other than that, I assume nothing is a necessity. Also it's still: DPS gear in blood spec for most fights, yes?

Engineering is cool, but annoying to level. No profession is a need (except for maybe extremely few fights).

And yes, DPS gear in blood spec. Get a lot of crit & haste.
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Deleted
    Hi guys,

I've been trying to solo Halfus HC (10 man) over the last couple of days but think I'm missing something as he's blowing me up very quickly. I'm managing to maintain my BS pretty well but the hateful strikes debuff seems to stack extremely quickly leading to me dying from all the magic attacks that are incoming.
    I've watched a few vids on Youtube of the fight and see how the pull is made and that most release all the drakes at the same time, but trying this doesn't seem to be working. My gear level is only 550 but I assumed this would be easily enough to complete the encounter. I start by popping army then D&D to pull Halfus while releasing Slate, then move to Nether but by the time I reach the Time warden, I'm stacked to full with BS but sitting on about half health and it goes down hill fairly quickly from there...

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    Really dont know how to solo Yogg 25 man +0. I'm getting a problem to solo this one because tentacles are grabing over and over and i can't nuck it down.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...mante/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Jinbei View Post
    Really dont know how to solo Yogg 25 man +0. I'm getting a problem to solo this one because tentacles are grabing over and over and i can't nuck it down.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...mante/advanced
    You can not be gripped if you are engaged with one of the Crusher Tentacles. When there's about 20 seconds until the Brain portals open just sit on a Crusher that's near Yogg and hit it every 5 seconds with your weakest attack, then quickly jump into the portal before the game recognizes that you are no longer engaged with a Crusher.