Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Expansion still disapointing though. I read the post the new game director did a few weeks ago. Really hope they can get around to fixing all of it.
    Yea still a bad expansion. Only purpose was to reset gear basically. It'll be awhile before endgame catches up again to the point where it was good at level 60.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Aren't companions useless as anything but stat buffs, though? >.>
    That's changed drastically. I'm a tank spec paladin and I need to use striker (DPS) companion. Or I would rather say, I can use a striker pet. Tho I have upgraded it to legendary, so it's pretty strong.
    And yes they buffed content pretty good. So you'd better be tank or heal spec if you want to solo.
    TBH this something similar to their Champions Online game. You can't solo in that game if you're F2P archetype user. If you buy a freeform slot that's another thing.
    So interesting, it seems Cryptic is congregating their games' design. And yes that rewards long time players or those ones who are not afraid of opening their wallet early in their playtime lol...

Expansion still disapointing though. I read the post the new game director did a few weeks ago. Really hope they can get around to fixing all of it.
    I'm not bothering. I stopped trying to level, cos all it does is force me into marginally better gear and make the content I enjoyed doing solo more of a PITA than it needs to be. It's a shame, cos it was an awesome F2P game. Now it's just turning into another freemium POS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I'm not bothering. I stopped trying to level, cos all it does is force me into marginally better gear and make the content I enjoyed doing solo more of a PITA than it needs to be. It's a shame, cos it was an awesome F2P game. Now it's just turning into another freemium POS.
    Yeah its a piece of turd atm. Waiting on them to fix it.

I lost all interest when I realized they are shackling the tabletop D&D with this game. They plan to only release about 1-2 adventures per year for the tabletop version, which smacks greatly of MMORPG patch cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I lost all interest when I realized they are shackling the tabletop D&D with this game. They plan to only release about 1-2 adventures per year for the tabletop version, which smacks greatly of MMORPG patch cycle.
    I don't understand.

You lost interest in the MMORPG because the table top version is having its development cycle mirror MMORPG patch cycles and the MMORPG bases its updates off the table top?

You do realize that translates to, "I lost interest in the MMORPG because it uses an MMORPG patch cycle", right?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

No, it doesn't. Everything I said in that quote was in reference to the tabletop game. I lost interest in the MMORPG because Hasbro and WotC have made the tabletop RPG (which I find superior to the MMORPG) intertwined with the MMORPG. I don't care that the MMORPG uses an MMORPG patch cycle of 6 months between patches. That's more than fine. What I do care about is the tabletop using an MMORPG patch cycle.

They intertwined the MMORPG Neverwinter (which is a game based on the 4th edition ruleset, set in and around Neverwinter, along the Sword Coast of Faerun) with the tabletop RPG D&D (which is a new edition with greatly different rule mechanics that can be set in ANYTHING). They are only releasing adventures for the tabletop, because those transcend edition, instead of any rules mechanics which don't. So, because I prefer the tabletop, and this MMORPG sets the terms because Hasbro has decided that's how it is going to be, I have no more interest in the MMORPG. If they were divorced from each other, that would be fine. But since any rules they make for the tabletop cannot be ported into the MMORPG, they are only doing adventures.

Oh, and I already know what the next patch for Neverwinter is going to be: Rage of Demons! Adventure into the Underdark alongside Drizzt, the angsty Mary Sue drow, as you battle demons that were unleashed when a powerful drow archmage ripped a hole into the Abyss. Battle Deomogorgon, Graz'zt, Orcus and other demon lords who want to invade Faerun. Will Drizzt succumb to his darker desires, or will his good side prevail? Find out Fall 2015! Also continued within the Sword Coast Legends computer RPG.

Does everyone get the companion when they do it or is it rare? Jumped in because Cloak Tower IS STILL FUCKING BROKEN APPARENTLY and got it first one I did.

Does everyone get the companion when they do it or is it rare? Jumped in because Cloak Tower IS STILL FUCKING BROKEN APPARENTLY and got it first one I did.
    You mean from the event?
    It's a rare drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    You mean from the event?
    It's a rare drop.
    Cool, got it on my first go then. Yay me. Now when the fuck are the fixing Cloak Tower so I can actually fucking progress my paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, got it on my first go then. Yay me. Now when the fuck are the fixing Cloak Tower so I can actually fucking progress my paladin.
    Can't you skip it?

Can't you skip it?
    I always did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always did.
    Yeah i mean, of all the things you can complain about now with Neverwinter, being stymied in your progression because of an optional dungeon doesn't seem like a such a big deal imo.
    Last edited by Razael; 2015-05-10 at 04:01 PM.

Yeah i mean, of all the things you can complain about now with Neverwinter, being stymied in your progression because you of an optional dungeon doesn't seem like a such a big deal imo.
    /shrug

I am at the point where I think I have to just accept that some people like to play their games in extremely particular ways, even if the game they are playing isn't designed for it.

What I, instead, have started to focus on is developers who say/design a certain way and then leave out the tools players need in order to do them.

Like a good LFG tool in Firefall.
    You want us to run heroic dungeons but you have a lfg tool that's worse than Neverwinters? Okay. I'll be back when you figure out why that's not going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    /shrug

I am at the point where I think I have to just accept that some people like to play their games in extremely particular ways, even if the game they are playing isn't designed for it.

What I, instead, have started to focus on is developers who say/design a certain way and then leave out the tools players need in order to do them.

Like a good LFG tool in Firefall.
    You want us to run heroic dungeons but you have a lfg tool that's worse than Neverwinters? Okay. I'll be back when you figure out why that's not going to happen.
    A LFG tool worst than Neverwinter? Color me impressed.

A LFG tool worst than Neverwinter? Color me impressed.
    Same. They claim to be "working on it".

Meanwhile, no one is stick around for their end game content because no one can find a group for it. Sucks too, because it's actually good.

Can't you skip it?
    I didn't think you could, I'll have to log in and check >.>

I didn't think you could, I'll have to log in and check >.>
    I can promise you that you can.

I leveled 6 classes to 60 and never had to step into a dungeon I didn't want to.

I didn't know anyone still played this game. I just couldn't get into it. Leveled 3 characters to max trying to find something that hooked me. There were some fun bits, but on a whole the game doesn't speak to me.

Quote Originally Posted by darxide View Post
    I didn't know anyone still played this game.
    It's surprisingly popular on steam given that you are constantly spammed with "arc only" promotions haha.