Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    did you force shut down and try to get to the bios that way?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riaya View Post
    did you force shut down and try to get to the bios that way?
    I did yes.

Wait, I got there now with the hitting Esc method.

Well getting to EZflasher simply doesn't work, hittng F7 doesn't do anything at all and just forces it into repair mode like usual....

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 11:18 PM ----------

Moment, I got somewhere via going into the Flash utility.

However I don't have a USB flashdrive but a external HDD.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 11:21 PM ----------

http://imgur.com/RKPEsTD
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-02-03 at 10:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you put the bios on the base directory it should pick it up right away (At least it did for me when I just updated mine). If not you will probably have to search for it on the external. All you should have to do now is find it. Note if you do not think you have the right file just double check the external before flashing because if you do it wrong your mobo will be worth less than a rock.

Deleted
    page 80 for boot menu. One will be dvd drive, just set it to 1st device.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...N56VM_Z104.pdf

Also dont mess with flashing bios lol you will ruin the machine im guessing.
    Last edited by mmoc1d03ea7d9d; 2013-02-03 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    page 80 for boot menu. One will be dvd drive, just set it to 1st device.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...N56VM_Z104.pdf
    Does not work his bios is not posting anything other than the hdd. that is why we got him flashing his Bios.

Deleted
    he doesnt know what device to pick, not that its not there.

Letters will probs match brand of drives.

Deleted
    If you put the bios on the base directory it should pick it up right away (At least it did for me when I just updated mine). If not you will probably have to search for it on the external. All you should have to do now is find it. Note if you do not think you have the right file just double check the external before flashing because if you do it wrong your mobo will be worth less than a rock.
    Things is, I have a list with:

FS0
    FS1
    FS2
    FS3

I can see the files on C drive and since my other drive in the laptop is empty, I think it is the second one.

FS3 just has a file named RecoveryImage and that's it, can't do anything with it. It could be my External but you would see other files too.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-02-03 at 10:36 PM.

Deleted
    If u are just fresh installing Win 7 from a disc then just delete all the partitions off the drive including the recovery partition.

I think you need to disable fast boot then create a 2nd boot option from menu, explains a bit in manual.

Deleted
    If u are just fresh installing Win 7 from a disc then just delete all the partitions off the drive including the recovery partition.

I think you need to disable fast boot then create a 2nd boot option from menu, explains a bit in manual.
    I tried to do the first but my DVD rom drive has to be first for that in boot order and my DVD rom isn't even in the list of options to pick as first boot.

I disabled fast boot a while ago.

Deleted
    What does "Add new boot option" do in bios? There 3 or 4 options related to dvd and etc etc in bios screen.

Deleted
    What does "Add new boot option" do in bios? There 3 or 4 options related to dvd and etc etc in bios screen.
    Just 1 option, my HDD which is the problem.

Deleted
    "Press esc on boot up" possibly?

Deleted
    "Press esc on boot up" possibly?
    Yes but only the HDD is there too as an option, no DVD drive.

10+ Year Old Account
    When in the easy flash did you find the bios file you put on it? Note you have to unzip the bios file before it could be read.

Deleted
    I hope you are aware that the WIndows 8's Reset function nukes your entire system partition and reinstalls Windows 8 from scratch.
    There is actually zero need to downgrade to Windows 7, Windows 8 has everything that the former has, but is simply snappier. Everything that works on 7 will work on 8. I'm already used to the new Start menu, everything seems much more comfortable, even though I'm fully desktop user.

Deleted
    When in the easy flash did you find the bios file you put on it? Note you have to unzip the bios file before it could be read.
    I did unzip it but I can't find it anywhere. Maybe the BIOS is for some reason not seeing the external hdd?

The option is enabled but....idk.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nitrobg View Post
    I hope you are aware that the WIndows 8's Reset function nukes your entire system partition and reinstalls Windows 8 from scratch.
    There is actually zero need to downgrade to Windows 7, Windows 8 has everything that the former has, but is simply snappier. Everything that works on 7 will work on 8. I'm already used to the new Start menu, everything seems much more comfortable, even though I'm fully desktop user.
    Once again, I just don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK then I am running out of options unless you got a webcam and skype so I can try to help me I will pm you my screen name so you can add me. I gtg for now though baby is getting fussy.

Deleted
    Where did you get the disc from? Sounds like u have fast boot still turned on or the dvd disc is faulty and not bootable.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Then you need to go into bios and find Secure Boot or UEFI boot and disable that. After that it should allow you to boot to the Windows 7 Disk.

You know, it'd be easier to buy a $5 program called Start8 and just turn Windows 8 into Windows 7.

http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/
    ViStart is free and puts the start button back as well.

Deleted
    I managed to get to the desktop again, hopefully I download and install it from internet now on the computer itself.

Hmm, okay I am able to choose it now. However it shows no info at the NEW BIOS tab. all is still unknown, but I can choose it.

Should I choose it? Or will it mess up my mobo? Other files also have <DIR> but the new update BIOS file has bytes showing.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-02-03 at 11:04 PM.