Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    What makes you think I date? ;|
    I was being tactful for the people in this thread, they do not need to hear the perverted disgusting filth you sent me.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It is kinda shocking since there is a gay senate, apparently him and a lot others just walked out.
    Which is probably the only eloquent show of disgust they could make, under the circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    You show your true face.

Why is it garbage if one believes that being homosexual is a choice?
    Because it is a) illogical, b) unscientific, c) insulting.

Notice that I'm not taking sides here, since I've heard varied stances on this issue from homosexuals themselves.
    Unlikely.

Do you believe homosexuals are born that way? If so, is there a ''gene'' or a different trait that causes people to be homosexuals?
    Do you have any studies to show me that that is the case?
    You know, this has actually been argued ad nauseum in a number of threads. Do you honestly need to have it reiterated?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    You show your true face.

Notice that I'm not taking sides here, since I've heard varied stances on this issue from homosexuals themselves.

Do you believe homosexuals are born that way? If so, is there a ''gene'' or a different trait that causes people to be homosexuals?
    Homosexual animals is pretty big proof that it is not choice or nurture.

If so, is there a ''gene'' or a different trait that causes people to be homosexuals?
    Present data indicates that there's genetic, epigenetic, and developmental components. I don't want to be LMGTFY guy, but seriously, there's tons of papers on this. It's not particularly controversial.

If someone says they've made a choice, then they're innately bisexual, not gay.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Why arent these topics being merged?
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Because it is a separate topic.
    I think i now understand the moderation here. Its a seperate topic and doesnt get merged when you are for it, it gets merged when your not.

No need to debate this guys. Notice the threads the support it arent merged. That was my point, have a good evening. Btw, you will be bant for disagreeing, they will find something eventually, dont waste your time

Unlikely.
    I'll bet he's referring to an ex-gay testimonial.

snip
    How is that insulting? and even if it was, it wouldn't make it any less true (if it is true after all).

How is it illogical? I've seem people saying that they were homosexual by choice before. Because it is unlikely doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

''You know, this has actually been argued ad nauseum in a number of threads.''

And? I've never been in such threads, but since you have (because you're saying that there have been many threads regarding this issue) I suppose it's very easy for you to show me how I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Isn't there a picture like that? Lemme hunt it down

Edit: Found it
    ~snipped~
    So, I'm the same as a large group of people that had a blind hatred for people of a different race because I don't agree with it? I don't hate gay people, I'm not homophobic (That means scared of gays, definitely not scared of them) and I think they deserve a civil union that gives them the same tax breaks and everything, I just don't want it to be called "marriage" is all. They're still equal to me and I have no hard feelings toward them, I just don't agree with the wording.

Edit:

How is that insulting? and even if it was, it wouldn't make it any less true (if it is true after all).

How is it illogical? I've seem people saying that they were homosexual by choice before. Because it is unlikely doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

And? I've never been in such threads, but since you have (because you're saying that there have been many threads regarding this issue) I suppose it's very easy for you to show me how I'm wrong.
    Agreed, but, even if you know a ton of people who are gay and they admit they chose to be gay that doesn't mean it's a fact according to people who say this type of stuff. We aren't going to change their mind, they believe it happens purely because "I just came out like this" and we aren't going to change their belief no matter how much evidence or how many people disagree with them.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-04-24 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Homosexual animals is pretty big proof that it is not choice or nurture.
    Animals with 5 legs tells us what? When were dealing with such small percentages its hard to put all your eggs in that basket.

10+ Year Old Account
    You show your true face.

It's not genetic. Science is beginning to show that it's hormonal and gestational.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...r-brothers-inc

Either way, it's not a choice. Gays come in two flavors: homosexual and bisexual. No homosexual has ever told you it is a choice. A bisexual might, but the truth about bisexuality is that you're dealing with sexual compulsives that don't care where the gratification is coming from. Gay and bi are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Present data indicates that there's genetic, epigenetic, and developmental components. I don't want to be LMGTFY guy, but seriously, there's tons of papers on this. It's not particularly controversial.

If someone says they've made a choice, then they're innately bisexual, not gay.
    Please show me said data.

I don't even doubt you, I want to see it if it is as you say, that's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Isn't there a picture like that? Lemme hunt it down

Edit: Found it
    ~snipped~
    The OP might find this article from Psychology Today insightful - it seems that homophobia is directly linked to homosexual arousal.

Methinks he doth protest too much...
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-04-24 at 12:08 AM.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    I think i now understand the moderation here. Its a seperate topic and doesnt get merged when you are for it, it gets merged when your not.

No need to debate this guys. Notice the threads the support it arent merged. That was my point, have a good evening. Btw, you will be bant for disagreeing, they will find something eventually, dont waste your time
    It took you 3,000 post to figure out the mods here >.>

Oh gees... *Braces self for ignorant post to me*

This is why we need FEDERAL change.

What's there to debate? Stuff voted down. Minnesota even voted down an anti-gay marriage ballot proposal last November (barely). Them be facts.

(I disagree with you, chadwix, on pretty much everything, I think. But I've had a couple bans here and there. So don't play the persecution card.)

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    So, I'm the same as a large group of people that had a blind hatred for people of a different race because I don't agree with it? I don't hate gay people, I'm not homophobic (That means scared of gays, definitely not scared of them) and I think they deserve a civil union that gives them the same tax breaks and everything, I just don't want it to be called "marriage" is all. They're still equal to me and I have no hard feelings toward them, I just don't agree with the wording.
    Well, yeah, that's still going to look really stupid in 40 years. I'm presently in an interracial relationship - I'd be pretty fucking insulted by someone saying, "look, you can have your tax kajiggers, but I don't want you calling your relationship the same thing as my all-American, good ol' fashioned, all white marriage".

You show your true face.

So because science hasn't found a "gay" gene, that means there isn't one? Have they found the "cancer" gene? Does that mean you only get it if you choose to get it? You care to bet that they WON'T discover a genetic trait that shows someone is gay at birth in the next 1,000 years? I'd be willing to bet they will. It's such a lazy argument to pull that "show me the study" nonsense. 500 years ago they couldn't prove that Downs Syndrome was a genetic trait either. Doesn't mean it wasn't.

There is literally no logical reason to deny the rights of two gay people to be legally recognized by the gov't as being married. Save me the "civil union" stuff too.

Please show me said data.

I don't even doubt you, I want to see it if it is as you say, that's all.
    Here's one review.

10+ Year Old Account
    It demeans an aspect of personality for people who are gay, and also devalues the critical decision they have made in coming out.

Anecdotal evidence is not scientifically admissible; furthermore, as said, such people are most likely bisexual and not gay.

Also, why would one choose to be gay.

And? I've never been in such threads, but since you have (because you're saying that there have been many threads regarding this issue) I suppose it's very easy for you to show.
    me how I'm wrong.
    Why don't -you- google it if you're so interested in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.