Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They don't even need to replace anyone; they may go with a "he thought he was serving the greater good" angle, or a "we can brainwash him back to the side of Good (and this will obviously get screwy and morally questionable, which is good story-wise)", or maybe even kill them and bring them back via Tahiti, after editing some choice sections of their moral centers, or any of a host of other things.
    I hope they don't go any of those routes, no offense. They all seem a bit too complicated for this show or really the marvel universe they are currently portraying to actually pull off.

Really any storyline they do from this point that i can think of will at best annoy me for a few episodes then whenever they get back to their normal routine I think the show's steam for me will pick back up.

They started mostly as a sort of different procedural, and then now started to move into each episode is part of a larger story type of deal instead of a few minutes out each episode being used as the vehicle for that. Either can work, but I don't think they should try to stick with both.

I really, really hope that Ward actually is genuinely Hydra and not brainwashed, undercover, evil twin or any of the other cop outs that 99.9999% of TV shows favour. it's not that I don't like Ward, I do. but how great would it be to have a main cast member actually really turn out to have been evil all along?

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I really, really hope that Ward actually is genuinely Hydra and not brainwashed, undercover, evil twin or any of the other cop outs that 99.9999% of TV shows favour. it's not that I don't like Ward, I do. but how great would it be to have a main cast member actually really turn out to have been evil all along?
    Except the had a look of guilt when looking at Hand while Garrett was talking at the end of the episode. And Garrett sounded like he didn't Ward was affiliated with HYDRA. The whole thing looked like it was to get onto Garrett's side instead of being a HYDRA lackey the whole time.

10+ Year Old Account
    This last episode was wierd!
    Think I'll have to see it again, because it was meh...
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    This last episode was wierd!
    Think I'll have to see it again, because it was meh...
    Did you actually see Captain America 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Except the had a look of guilt when looking at Hand while Garrett was talking at the end of the episode. And Garrett sounded like he didn't Ward was affiliated with HYDRA. The whole thing looked like it was to get onto Garrett's side instead of being a HYDRA lackey the whole time.
    I'm not even sure this is debatable. Even the most dense viewer is going to assume that Ward is just infiltrating Hydra. Every other character that seemingly betrays SHIELD this season has turned out to not really being betraying SHIELD, not sure way anyone would assume Ward is different.

Besides that have beat the drum of the dumb ice bullets so often this season that I don't see how anyone can conclude anything other then Ward iced her heavily. Hand may or may not have been in on the ruse altogether. She says hey Ward I know we are going to the locker, freezer, whatever, but just pull your gun and kill this guy. Sure right, does not seem like a set up from a mile and half away.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I'm not even sure this is debatable. Even the most dense viewer is going to assume that Ward is just infiltrating Hydra. Every other character that seemingly betrays SHIELD this season has turned out to not really being betraying SHIELD, not sure way anyone would assume Ward is different.

Besides that have beat the drum of the dumb ice bullets so often this season that I don't see how anyone can conclude anything other then Ward iced her heavily. Hand may or may not have been in on the ruse altogether. She says hey Ward I know we are going to the locker, freezer, whatever, but just pull your gun and kill this guy. Sure right, does not seem like a set up from a mile and half away.
    If he did ice Hand, then why would they give us the closeup of her lifeless hand dripping blood? I mean from times the icer has been used previously in the series, there has been no blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    If he did ice Hand, then why would they give us the closeup of her lifeless hand dripping blood? I mean from times the icer has been used previously in the series, there has been no blood.
    Because Hand is smart enough to use fake blood.

I don't know about all this... That whole scene (as well as how he was acting leading up to it...what with executing the "Clairvoyant") just felt so strange. My money's on: he actually did kill those agents, but it was orchestrated out of desperation to try and put someone inside Hydra.

Jon Snow kills Qhorin Halfhand to get in with the wildlings, Ward kills Agent Hand to get in with Hydra. Get it? *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I don't know about all this... That whole scene (as well as how he was acting leading up to it...what with executing the "Clairvoyant") just felt so strange. My money's on: he actually did kill those agents, but it was orchestrated out of desperation to try and put someone inside Hydra.

Jon Snow kills Qhorin Halfhand to get in with the wildlings, Ward kills Agent Hand to get in with Hydra. Get it? *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*
    Here's the problem: Ward was already in HYDRA. Jon Snow, on the other hand, knows nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

To expand:

Ward has been in HYDRA since the beginning; this is no out-of-the-blue change that the creators made. If you read the post-ep interviews Loeb et al. point to clues in previous episodes.

I also don't believe that Ward is going deep undercover for Coulson. Think about it for a moment: would Coulson sacrifice lives to free somebody who has been manipulating events so thoroughly? The risks greatly outweigh the rewards.

If anything, I believe Ward does have regrets for what he's done, and in the end he may turn on Garrett/HYDRA. But it'll be at his own behest, not as a triple-agent.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Coulson may not be willing to sacrifice people to get the job done, but Hand was.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Coulson may not be willing to sacrifice people to get the job done, but Hand was.
    Ward has no reason to work with/trust Hand. Also, despite HYDRA's apparent defeat, Hand would not sacrifice two loyal agents when loyalty is at a premium.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I may have stumbled upon a different explanation for why the agents next to Garrett get a headshot but Hand doesn't: Hollywood squeamishness.

Check out the latest Cracked After Hours video, the relevant section starts at about 3:55
    http://www.cracked.com/video_18849_6...ery-movie.html

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I may have stumbled upon a different explanation for why the agents next to Garrett get a headshot but Hand doesn't: Hollywood squeamishness.

Check out the latest Cracked After Hours video, the relevant section starts at about 3:55
    http://www.cracked.com/video_18849_6...ery-movie.html
    Not sure if the entire video was supposed to be satire. However, assuming it was not, I would not at all be surprised to find out that their particular analysis would not actually hold up if someone bothered to actually do the research. Of course, nobody is going to go though hundreds of thousands of movies to see if the cherry picked movies they outlined actually are representative of movies in general. So rather we will take their handful of examples, and say yup these stereotypes are true.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Not sure if the entire video was supposed to be satire. However, assuming it was not, I would not at all be surprised to find out that their particular analysis would not actually hold up if someone bothered to actually do the research. Of course, nobody is going to go though hundreds of thousands of movies to see if the cherry picked movies they outlined actually are representative of movies in general. So rather we will take their handful of examples, and say yup these stereotypes are true.
    For the most part it is meant to be funny and somewhat satire, but they seem to mostly draw upon the truth. For instance watch why Batman is terrible for Gotham. obviously they only use the versions of batman that fit that headline, but to be fair there were a lot of versions that did. Same with their piece on spiderman/etc.

As long as the claim is mostly true (95%+) I would say that thats as good a reason as any for them to do stuff. I mean really for me in most shows if a woman dies on camera it's almost always a surprise, simply because it's quite rare.

Finally watched The Winter Soldier. Shiny!

after watching cap AOS just feels like a wash off. having the whole universe in AOS, yet all the big names are out, so whatever happens in AOS isnt that significant since there is always the Avengers. wish they could just get all the Avengers to star in AOS too, that would be the sickest show ever

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    after watching cap AOS just feels like a wash off. having the whole universe in AOS, yet all the big names are out, so whatever happens in AOS isnt that significant since there is always the Avengers. wish they could just get all the Avengers to star in AOS too, that would be the sickest show ever
    And also the surest way to go bankrupt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more interested in Hydra than Shield now!

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    That's kinda like saying that the games your local college football team plays in aren't significant, since there is always the NFL. The Avengers work on a 'save the world' scale; S.H.I.E.L.D. agents work on a much more local level, putting out metaphorical fires before they explode into world-threatening events. They're literally in different leagues from each other. AOS is now letting us start to see a Marvel Cinematic Universe wherein the villains are just as powerful as ever, but S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't there to slow them down before they become major league menaces.