Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And that shows how shit the current Summon System is.

One of the coolest parts of the game and you barely get to use it, if you get to use it.

I hope they change it but I don't see that happening.
    Agreed 100%. I think everyone agrees here.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

What's so bad about the summon system? I've gotten shiva and titan plenty of times. Also got leviathan a couple times.

And that shows how shit the current Summon System is.

One of the coolest parts of the game and you barely get to use it, if you get to use it.

I hope they change it but I don't see that happening.
    But the point of summons in this game is not to be used anytime you want like other FFs, it's here as a (sorry for saying it but that's my take on it) "bad player" help. I pretty much never use it if I have the option..."oh cool, I insta kill the bad guys...Yojimbo was so much fun in FFX when he insta kill anybody please give us more like him..." says no one ever.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    But the point of summons in this game is not to be used anytime you want like other FFs, it's here as a (sorry for saying it but that's my take on it) "bad player" help. I pretty much never use it if I have the option..."oh cool, I insta kill the bad guys...Yojimbo was so much fun in FFX when he insta kill anybody please give us more like him..." says no one ever.
    The chance of Yojimbo using Zanmato was very low though.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Yojimbo_(summon)

Scroll down and you'll see how it works for which move is picked. Once the compatibility thing is higher basically he has more chance of using Zanmato but still.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-31 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The chance of Yojimbo using Zanmato was very low though.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Yojimbo_(summon)

Scroll down and you'll see how it works for which move is picked. Once the compatibility thing is higher basically he has more chance of using Zanmato but still.
    Yes and in FFXV summons are like a hacked Yojimbo since they pretty much OHko 80% of the game every time they come on screen. I don't want that.

Yes and in FFXV summons are like a hacked Yojimbo since they pretty much OHko 80% of the game every time they come on screen. I don't want that.
    Then don't use it. The system is shit and like I said early'er one of the best parts of FFXV is something you barely get to use.

It doesn't have to be as easy or as simple as other FF games. But it shouldn't be the way it is now. It could be a bar you filled up over time and then get to use a summon related to the zone you are in.

It isn't like not using the summons makes the game harder anyway. They should be more usable then they are now. Also no there was a lot of fights in each final fantasy where the summons didn't 1hit KO the monster.

Its kinda expected that they could 1hit KO trash mobs because......there trash.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Yea, I actually mostly like how there is less focus on using the summons in this game it just feels like it fits with the story well. Also since they are literally a "I Win" button using them all the time would be ridiculous. Making them less powerful wouldn't have fit since they are supposed to be gods. I wish there was a bit more control over which one you get and the part of summoning them had a bit more feedback to it, but overall I like it. It was a nice change from other FF games where you summon all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Do you have to grind mobs for XP in this game a lot? or is there enough story-driven content to be able to beat the game by just doing the interesting quests? I'm not very familiar with Final Fantasy titles, if grinding for XP is a normality in the series, but I'd like to try this out as the gameplay and general development quality seems really good from what I've seen on several streams/videos.
    I never felt the need to grind mobs. I did do a decent number of side quests though. Most of your XP and money comes from doing hunts, quest where you're told to track down mobs and kill them.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Do you have to grind mobs for XP in this game a lot? or is there enough story-driven content to be able to beat the game by just doing the interesting quests? I'm not very familiar with Final Fantasy titles, if grinding for XP is a normality in the series, but I'd like to try this out as the gameplay and general development quality seems really good from what I've seen on several streams/videos.
    If you only do the story quests you will be a little under leveled near the end of the story, but not so much so that it would be detrimental.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    If you only do the story quests you will be a little under leveled near the end of the story, but not so much so that it would be detrimental.
    I did a few hunts but mostly story. I was 5 levels under the recommend level for chapter 13....urrgggg the nightmares.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I did a few hunts but mostly story. I was 5 levels under the recommend level for chapter 13....urrgggg the nightmares.
    Yea, five levels under shouldn't bee to bad for anything in the story. Should be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yea, five levels under shouldn't bee to bad for anything in the story. Should be doable.
    For me the last boss of 13 and 14 was a pain. Both can 1 shot u. The recommend is like 40 but the boss level is around 43 or 44 if I recalled right.

Its doable but I wouldn't say it was smooth.

For me the last boss of 13 and 14 was a pain. Both can 1 shot u. The recommend is like 40 but the boss level is around 43 or 44 if I recalled right.

Its doable but I wouldn't say it was smooth.
    They can 1 shot you even if you're the recommended level, they "1 shot" you for avoiding very obvious telegraphed mechanics, and those will only not send you to danger if you dodge them or extremely out level the content by 10 or more.

Either way, even failures and "1 shots" mean nothing in a game where the items make the game easy as shit, and the game literally throws items at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They can 1 shot you even if you're the recommended level, they "1 shot" you for avoiding very obvious telegraphed mechanics, and those will only not send you to danger if you dodge them or extremely out level the content by 10 or more.

Either way, even failures and "1 shots" mean nothing in a game where the items make the game easy as shit, and the game literally throws items at you.
    Wasn't talking about the telegraphed 1 shot ability's, But hey thanks for the useless reply.

Happy New Years.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-01 at 01:54 AM.

The game is easily beatable on level 1. XP is not a big deal at all in this game. Most character power comes from AP and equipment.

Wasn't talking about the telegraphed 1 shot ability's, But hey thanks for the useless reply.

Happy New Years.
    Then you don't get 1 shot. You could fight the last boss at level 30 and never get 1 shot if you play the game properly. The only way you get "1 shot" is taking damage you shouldn't gave took.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Then you don't get 1 shot. You could fight the last boss at level 30 and never get 1 shot if you play the game properly. The only way you get "1 shot" is taking damage you shouldn't gave took.
    Sorry but I don't take posts serious from people who still think the monster in the movie isn't Diamond Weapon.

You replying to me is useless, I won't replying back anymore not taking the bait.

Is there a way to make my party members not useless sack of shit. They literally stand in everything and just get 1 shot over and over again. Hasn't been much of an issue for me progressing through the story but starting postgame stuff and it's getting extremely dull relying on my dodge and parry and nothing else because no party members are ever alive. Constantly using items to rez them isn't exactly fun either.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Is there a way to make my party members not useless sack of shit. They literally stand in everything and just get 1 shot over and over again. Hasn't been much of an issue for me progressing through the story but starting postgame stuff and it's getting extremely dull relying on my dodge and parry and nothing else because no party members are ever alive. Constantly using items to rez them isn't exactly fun either.
    Nope. Their AI is trash. The only thing you can do is use tech's as invulnerability frames.

10+ Year Old Account
    The AI seems to be the same as the one in Ni No Kuni (2010)