Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A little wake up call to you people about blizzards thinking.

They have engineered this ending in a way that it makes it feel like a victory on both ends, and so it will allow for such rampant debates and arguments on the forums, because what keeps people more focused on a plot then a completely indecisive ending.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    whoever the next warchief is should just give Sylvanas the green light to raid Stormwind.
    I love Sylvanas but I don't think that will go down to well for her, she would be facing the majority of the Alliance with only her undead and some blood elfs, Gilneas was a much easier target than Stormwind, you had in-fighting from the worgen disease spreading and a major tidal wave thanks for mr deathwing. If she showed her hand now she would be facing Humans, Dwarfs, Gnomes, Worgen at least with a mind set to protect the land.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

They have engineered this ending in a way that it makes it feel like a victory on both ends, and so it will allow for such rampant debates and arguments on the forums, because what keeps people more focused on a plot then a completely indecisive ending.
    It's Mass Effect 3 all over again! xP

Quote Originally Posted by Thermaplugg yer butt View Post
    Alliance raids the Horde capital, dethrones the Warchief and allows the Horde to appoint a new one. (for some reason not yet disclosed).

It's safe to assume that Alliance won the war post-Siege of Orgrimmar and it is much more dominant position. That doesn't mean the Horde is defeated; it is still active, but they wont be starting any shit any time soon.
    The question is does it matter?

If Blizzard creates three years of basically Horde centric stories, and then at the last second swoops down and adds a footnote at the end in which the Alliance wins the war has the Alliance really gotten anything other then a footnote?

Sorry, I'll takes years of quality lore building and story telling on my side and pay it off with "losing" the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

I dont feel like I won, we wont even get a misserable scenario where we slaughter orcs in Undercity.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2013-07-10 at 05:10 PM.

Blizzard allowing the Alliance to win anything would certainly be a change from their normal Horde cock sucking.
    The conclusion to the Siege of Orgrimmar will be as big a disappointment as Cataclysm was. I hope someone at Blizzcon this year will ask the Q&A panel where the Alliance "fist-pumping" was.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post

If Blizzard creates three years of basically Horde centric stories, and then at the last second swoops down and adds a footnote at the end in which the Alliance wins the war has the Alliance really gotten anything other then a footnote?

Sorry, I'll takes years of quality lore building and story telling on my side and pay it off with "losing" the war.

Exactly that. So disturbing that some fans actually think "you get to raid our city and gain exactly nothing from it!" is something that makes up for years of shitty story for the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I dont believe like I won, we wont even get a misserable scenario where we slaughter orcs in Undercity.
    No, you got a raid where you slaughter orcs in Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    I love Sylvanas but I don't think that will go down to well for her, she would be facing the majority of the Alliance with only her undead and some blood elfs, Gilneas was a much easier target than Stormwind, you had in-fighting from the worgen disease spreading and a major tidal wave thanks for mr deathwing. If she showed her hand now she would be facing Humans, Dwarfs, Gnomes, Worgen at least with a mind set to protect the land.
    Now all shall see, this is the hour of the forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    No, you got a raid where you slaughter orcs in Orgrimmar.
    No, we get to slaughter EVIL orcs, instead of regular orcs under the pretense that they are EVIL orcs.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post

I really don't get this victim complex of some Alliance players. I have 90s on both sides, the Horde Pandaria intro was utter crap compared to the amazing Alliance one with the Skyfire and shooting sections.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I really don't get this victim complex of some Alliance players. I have 90s on both sides, the Horde Pandaria intro was utter crap compared to the amazing Alliance one with the Skyfire and shooting sections.
    Oh you mean the first couple quests? After you reach Dawn Blossom, it's basically the same leveling for both sides until the end.

Meanwhile, go back and play an Alliance and Horde alt through the revamped leveling content. Alliance content largely felt like an exercise in obligation and was often shallow and overall pointless.

I don't care who wins what blocks of land or random skirmishes. I just want to have a complete storyline shown for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the only reason that the Alliance are involved is so they can actually get a 5.4 raid in-game?

No, we get to slaughter EVIL orcs, instead of regular orcs under the pretense that they are EVIL orcs.
    And here we come to the nub of it. The players looking for a "fist-pumping" moment aren't looking for a legitimate battle. They want a war crime.

They want a war crime.
    No, wrong, I dont want a war crime. I want war crimeS.

Well, at least crimes as defined by corrupt alliance and horde governments.

No, wrong, I dont want a war crime. I want war crimeS.
    I stand corrected.

And here we come to the nub of it. The players looking for a "fist-pumping" moment aren't looking for a legitimate battle. They want a war crime.
    No. We want an actual defining moment. Varian or Jaina landing the killing blow on Garrosh for example to put the Horde in "their place" for a time. Instead, that is going to go to Vol'jin or Thrall while we end up with a "thanks for the help now gtfo our city" as we take a portal to Stormwind as our finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    No. We want an actual defining moment. Varian or Jaina landing the killing blow on Garrosh for example to put the Horde in "their place" for a time. Instead, that is going to go to Vol'jin while we end up with a "thanks for the help now gtfo our city" as we take a portal to Stormwind as our finale.
    And what place is that, exactly?

And what place is that, exactly?
    Make them feel defeated for a time and in debt to the Alliance for their help. Vol'jin couldn't make it through the frontgate without the Alliance but he's going to get the killing blow while we get whisked off like nothing ever happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermaplugg yer butt View Post
    It's safe to assume that Alliance won the war post-Siege of Orgrimmar and it is much more dominant position.
    Gratz!!! Want a cookie?

Seriously, we're wouldn't do shit anytime soon regardless because we don't care about you to be honest. It's Garrosh that pressed more and more with this world war because of his neurosis and is the whole point for which the Horde rebelled against him; and, you wouldn't have won a fuck without this factor.

Even Wrathion said that Hellscream's victory was assured before half of the Horde began to turn against him, and is the only reason for which he began to back up the Alliance instead of the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.