Page 24 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    I can understand what people in the asia region are saying, instead of being a pillock and cherry-picking parts of posts to reply to actually read the posts themselves instead of being a window licker.

i have explained several times, why the micro-transactions work in the asia region why people want them and why the wont come to western servers.
    And should I explain why those ppl are asking for the game to go F2P like most of the competitors IF Blizzard was aiming for consumer satisfaction?

Sounds like a whole lot of fun. Not that I believe the story the slightest bit though.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ld-of-Warcraft

Funny how things change... Hypocritical blizzard liars.

Didn't we have pets that are cheaper than the helmets back then already?
    Seriously, I don't understand why the helmets are microtransactions but the pets/mounts are not :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    In 2007 Blizzard was worth 7 Billion. I am sure they are worth a lot more now
    I'm pretty sure they aren't with what sub drops have been since 2007 and the massive rage against Diablo 3. The only thing that keeps their stock from plummeting even more is that sc2 is still seen as a very good franchise and WoW is still no1 mmo even if their subs are continuously dropping.

Tbh I wasn't against the pet store back when it sold pets and mounts only... but adding gear that could have been very well obtainable via a prestigious achievement or a nice quest line or anything ingame even if just BMAH... seems cheap to me if I wanted to buy items that make me look cool(which is down to personal opinion)with $$ I'd play a free 2 play game. I'm playing WoW because I want the chance to obtain all items by in game means even if they are only cosmetical items and very hard to obtain...

I wouldn't even mind if it was a combination like: either spend a few weeks ingame obtaining the item or buy it from the cash shop. I am outraged by the fact that as a customer that has payed for around 7 years of subscription I don't have a chance of obtaining this item ingame whitout spending aditional cash.

If they go down this route even further(p2p+cash shop) I will have no reason to play wow anymore(considering you can obtain items from cash shop even by ingame means in some f2p games such as eudemons online), I can just read up about lore and stuff on MMO-C and wowpedia and not care about playing anymore.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-07-20 at 12:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I'm pretty sure they aren't with what sub drops have been since 2007 and the massive rage against Diablo 3. The only thing that keeps their stock from plummeting even more is that sc2 is still seen as a very good franchise and WoW is still no1 mmo even if their subs are continuously dropping.
    You don't lose your worth when you lose subs, they still have a substantial income, their worth has done nothing but increase

10+ Year Old Account

They have 14.200 billion in assets and equity of 11.49 billion from 2012. I think they are still making profits

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I like how people throw around "bad business" and "exploitation", meanwhile Blizzard is happy with my $15 and I'm happy with my Fire Horns. Seems like a pretty sound transaction.
    As if they had any thought about a "bad business" argument before going into the thread. Just the first "rational" argument they came across.

Haven't had any problems with players regarding my fiery horns, but I'll be sure to report anyone for harassment if they feel like my choices with my money is any of their concern. :3
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellsbane88 View Post
    A company doing something to make a little extra money?! Say it isn't so!!!

In other news, the sun is hot. More at 9.

OT: Too many people here thinks it's a deplorable action for a business to conduct business. You can sugar coat the shit out of it all you want and speculate about "what's next." (dun dun duuun) Bottom line, this hurts no one. In any way shape or form. The talk of this being a "greedy practice" is nothing short of fucking stupid. Remarks complete.
    So how long till gold goes on sale then? I'm sure players want to buy it, and blizzard could make a ton of money selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    And should I explain why those ppl are asking for the game to go F2P like most of the competitors IF Blizzard was aiming for consumer satisfaction?
    They aren't asking for the game to go free to play.

They are asking for different ways to pay their subscription and different ways for their playtime to be payable and usable, to be supported in other ways by micro-transactions.

For the most part it is not blizzard who controls the subscriptions in the asia regions, so them implementing micro-transactions is them waiting for micro-transactions, please throw more bullshit my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    So let me try to understand you, you want Blizzard to spend resources on items that will be selled to you instead of getting them free...
    I try really hard to understand some of you, I really do.
    Let me try to understand you. You think that none of the $$$ from the profits made from these helms will find it's way back into the game as normal content? Does not compute...

Why? Should subscriber not have the right to play with ppl that do not pay extra for ingame items ? If they choose so .. whats wrong with that ?
    everyone pays to play. LFR is not a private dungeon run, its public therefor everyone who pays to play have queued for it and are therefor allowed to play there regardless if someone else doesnt want to play with them.

Besides, what the hell is wrong with playing with people who have bought stuff from the ingame store??? THEY DONT CHANGE THE GAMEPLAY AT ALL!!! Literally cosmetic items. Only reason people kick is because they are jealous.

Their current Stock-market worth is around $14 billion, however, there were speculations regarding Vivendi selling the 51% of shares that they have the control of at 60% of the stock market value equating to around a payment of $5.2 billion and with Acti-Blizz having $4.8 billion cash in reserve they would end-up in $400 million debt to Vivendi.

Though due to regulations this was highly unlikely to happen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    It's one thing to flex your power against a company, but entirely another to ostracize another player for their transactions. It's their money, not yours. Players can't even ride their celestial steed without a good chance some mouth breather will attempt to talk shit to them.
    Supporting blizzard's cashshop is bad for all of us. If you dont see that I dont know what to say.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And I thought the community couldn't get any shittier that's beyond pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach. We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it -- no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it. What you get out of microtransactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing later.

This is direct quote from BLizzard dev saying that outside resources like real life money should not affect ingame WOW. Its not coming from some "players". This is from BLizzard and like he said.... Players might have some reason to now feel betrayed.
    Quote from years ago, which was hypocritical even then in the light of their in game vanity items available through the TCG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, that's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    As if they had any thought about a "bad business" argument before going into the thread. Just the first "rational" argument they came across.

Haven't had any problems with players regarding my fiery horns, but I'll be sure to report anyone for harassment if they feel like my choices with my money is any of their concern. :3
    Well - I think thats what some ppl are actually talking about here. If you choose to spend your money... then it should not be in a subscription game. Cause that should be included in the subscription. Extra money should not bring you anything extra in a subscription game.

Once... that was the difference between a subscription game and F2P game. You could not buy more power or looks in Subs.. But that has changed ... and some ppl dont like to see it happen to the degree that WOW is now obviously planning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    everyone pays to play. LFR is not a private dungeon run, its public therefor everyone who pays to play have queued for it and are therefor allowed to play there regardless if someone else doesnt want to play with them.

Besides, what the hell is wrong with playing with people who have bought stuff from the ingame store??? THEY DONT CHANGE THE GAMEPLAY AT ALL!!! Literally cosmetic items. Only reason people kick is because they are jealous.

Cosmetic items are pixels. Everything in this game is pixels. Supporting blizzard's cashshop means less meaningful ways to earn pixels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post

Blizzard disagrees with you

Originally Posted by Bashiok
    The situations you list don't make you immune to vote kicks.

If the people in your party don't commonly kick others, and have the ability to come to a general consensus, they can kick you for no reason(if they really wanted). But, that will impact their ability to kick others in the future. My guess is that you happened upon multiple groups that don't commonly kick, and you gave them a reason to do so.
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-07-20 at 12:23 AM.

Diablo 3 is the fastest selling PC game of all time and also the best selling PC video game of all time and you think Blizzard is doing poorly? Do you have help tying your shoes?