Thread: Police Quotas

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Why even worry about this? I routinely drive 5-15 mph above the speed limit and I have yet to get a ticket because there is absolutely no shortage of ticket-magnets who will drive 25 mph over the speed limit while zigzagging between other cars, somehow forgetting that they're the ones always getting the tickets (either for speeding or reckless endangerment).

In a few states that do ticket for going too slow, they tend to also have the stipulation that you didn't keep to the right. At which point I have no sympathy for them, because driving slowly in the left lane when you have no reason to (to my knowledge there is only one freeway here that has a left lane off-ramp/merge) is really annoying.

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/u...AM-620x300.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what happens when the government doesn't fund the Police forces enough, they gotta get their money somehow.

ughh i cannot stand driving fast and much less going over the speed limit. if the road says 60 mph I will not go over it. I do not feel safe going over the speed limit and i become a danger if i do because being nervous like that effects my driving. everyone going 75 in a 60mph make me feel bad

15+ Year Old Account
    Are people really so dumb that they think taxes go into a giant black hole?

Taxes pay for pretty much everything covered by government. If you vote for a candidate that promises to lower taxes, you should probably see which parts of government he's cutting funding from. If they're cutting it from the police force, and the police force must institute ticket quotas to fund their operation, then of course it's a "hidden tax".

Jesus christ people are stupid.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Except it's a "tax" you don't qualify for if you obey the law.
    Did you even read the article or not see how stuff like quotas can be corrupted? Why would I want to spend a day in court fighting somehting I didn't do?

Deleted
    If it was true it would be great I think. Im just itching for a chance to sue someone:P But seriously, I guess a lot of people would so would it be counterproductive. In fact I think the cops would be really careful abd try not to harass anyone who isnt actually breaking the law as there are a lot people who would love that, all sorts of journalists, college students looking to make name, people fishing for lawsuits to strike rich,,

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    This has gone on for years. I'm somewhat surprised people are...well..surprised...that it happens. o_O
    I knew it happened. But it's interesting to see another officer come out and say it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Infected Clicker View Post
    That's what happens when the government doesn't fund the Police forces enough, they gotta get their money somehow.
    Right... it's a lack of funding...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Prism View Post
    I knew it happened. But it's interesting to see another officer come out and say it.

- - - Updated - - -

Right... it's a lack of funding...
    yes. Each year there are new rules in police to keep civilians safe from abuse. Those rules adds to bureaucracy. And to maintain these rules it costs money. Thus, need for more money to the department each year. The money can either be raised to taxes or fines. Since, we have allergy to paying taxes, it has to come out of fines. So, that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Except that's impossible.

Combine "drive the speed limit" with "don't drive slower than the speed of traffic (and traffic is moving at 20 above the limit)".

Unless you just simply forget about driving, you're breaking one of the laws.
    It is called impeding traffic and you obviously have no idea how the law works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quotas are there cause the local enforcement knows there is a minimum number of these types of violations. If no quotas officers would sit on their asses even more. You really condone the police just sitting around?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Quotas are there cause the local enforcement knows there is a minimum number of these types of violations. If no quotas officers would sit on their asses even more. You really condone the police just sitting around?
    As weird as this may sound, I'd rather police officers get the proper funding from city/state taxes so they can actually do their jobs, rather than handing out bullshit tickets and being meter maids. But as it is, quotas are in place because politicians like to say ZOMG LOWER TAXES VOTE FOR ME then slash police funding, institute ticket quotas, and then the people bitch.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    As weird as this may sound, I'd rather police officers get the proper funding from city/state taxes so they can actually do their jobs, rather than handing out bullshit tickets and being meter maids. But as it is, quotas are in place because politicians like to say ZOMG LOWER TAXES VOTE FOR ME then slash police funding, institute ticket quotas, and then the people bitch.
    Funny how you think driving reckless, whether it be speeding or some other form is bullshit tickets. Do you even know where most deaths occur between the ages of 15-40?

- - - Updated - - -

Then cut the police force if all they do is hand out traffic violations.

Funny how you think driving reckless, whether it be speeding or some other form is bullshit tickets. Do you even know where most deaths occur between the ages of 15-40?
    Moving violations aside, parking tickets are bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

15+ Year Old Account
    As I said, I'd rather them do their jobs, like stop reckless driving, than hand out bullshit tickets at speed traps.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it's illegal to set a quota, a police officer that can't make 100 contacts per month just isn't doing their job, unless they're in some tiny small town. That's pulling over less than 5 people per day, assuming a 22 day work month.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

As I said, I'd rather them do their jobs, like stop reckless driving, than hand out bullshit tickets at speed traps.
    Should we talk about all the police pulling cars over in the southern states and just taking any money they have, claiming it is 'drug money', and then forcing you to go to court to get it back?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=91555835
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

speeding is often "reckless" just not the law term which is two infractions within a small window of time. But whatever you;re just a kid and I'm glad you dont make the laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Moving violations aside, parking tickets are bullshit.
    Why? Do you think anyone should be able to park anywhere? I'm glad they're giving out parking tickets.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    While it's illegal to set a quota, a police officer that can't make 100 contacts per month just isn't doing their job, unless they're in some tiny small town. That's pulling over less than 5 people per day, assuming a 22 day work month.
    Out here on the east coast, I-95 goes from Mass down to Florida, and the speed limit ranges from 55 to 70, and I constantly see people going 85+ right by cops that don't really care as long as they aren't driving like absolute retards.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought speeding was seprated into the small 5-10 mph over, which is just speeding, and 15+ mph which turns into reckless.