Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Attack in Norway

Attack in Norway, a bus was hijacked.
    Local news report the terrorist yelled "allahu ackbarr". And of foreign origin.
    Three shot dead several wounded.
    Terrorist was apparently shot by police and receiving medical treatment.

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/a...artid=10144877

http://www.dagbladet.no/2013/11/04/n...ykke/30147273/

only Norwegian links atm....

inb4 rage

Don't get mad at me, just posting as I found it.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was arrested, man in he's 50's of foreign origin. 3 killed. He was armed with a knife.

The same buss route was hijacked in 2003 by a man from Etiopia, who had killed another immigrant previously. The buss-driver managed to stop him, but was killed herself - saving the 30 passengers.
    Last edited by Azutael; 2013-11-04 at 08:23 PM.

He had a knife...was a terrorist.
    Xenophobia continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post

inb4 rage

mind linking the web sites that said they where shot,many more wounded, that he yelled yalla yalla.and that the cops shot him?
    cant seem to find out what kind of local news your refering to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Xenophobia continues.
    Was a foreign terrorist bringing his unwanted culture where it's not welcome.

Politically correct ultra liberals continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Xenophobia continues.
    Yh we should just ignore the fact that every couple of months one of those lot shout "allah ackbar" before killing a bunch of people. Must be a coincidence. No way we can link all of those dozens of attacks to one particular group.

Nope they all just coincidently have the same catch phrase.

/roll eyes

There are muslims and then there are muslim extremists. There are christians and then there are christian extremists. There are normal people and then there are psychopaths.

Jumping onto a bus with a knife and shouting your extremist catch phrase IS a terror attack.

I'm sure if it was a white christian male it would be just a psychopath and not a terrorist attack.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2013-11-04 at 08:17 PM.

Deleted
    These terror attacks will become much more common here in Northern Europe if we don't do anything to stop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he was dressed up as a terrorist for Halloween and this is all just a big misunderstanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somebody stop these crazies.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post

inb4 rage

Where is the "Allahu Ackbarr" part? Don't see it in either of the sources.

There is no crimes anymore. Only terrorist acts.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    Maybe he was dressed up as a terrorist for Halloween and this is all just a big misunderstanding.
    Had one too many Vodka Gummy bears and started impersonating terrorists

Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    These terror attacks will become much more common here in Northern Europe if we don't do anything to stop it.
    Not much can be done realistically unless you want to round up every muslim and accuse them all of being extremists.

Then when that is done some other guy of another faith or idealogy will blow some place up or shoot a bunch of people with whatever sick reasons he has.

This is just part of being in society, dealing with occasional psychopaths.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Not much can be done realistically unless you want to round up every muslim and accuse them all of being extremists.

Then when that is done some other guy of another faith or idealogy will blow some place up or shoot a bunch of people with whatever sick reasons he has.

This is just part of being in society, dealing with occasional psychopaths.
    It's a part of the country to deal with these attacks, it's the government's task to make sure that the citizens feel safe. It's their task to come up with solutions and to avoid future attacks.
    Terrorist attacks is one of the problems that a government should adress. The attacks are becoming more frequent here, halting the immigration from middle eastern and African countries. Throwing out illegal immigrants and make it much harder to gain asylum. I think it's reasonable to come up possible solutions to prevent future attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    It's a part of the country to deal with these attacks, it's the government's task to make sure that the citizens feel safe. It's their task to come up with solutions and to avoid future attacks.
    Terrorist attacks is one of the problems that a government should adress. The attacks are becoming more frequent here, halting the immigration from middle eastern and African countries. Throwing out illegal immigrants and make it much harder to gain asylum. I think it's reasonable to come up possible solutions to prevent future attacks.
    So your solution would be what? Stereotyping? Severely limiting freedoms?

This is just like the gun debate. You don't just ban all guns because a few psychos can't control themself. Like wise you can't just stereotype and punish all muslims / foreign / mentally ill people because of a few extremists, serial killers, etc.

And lets say you did just force all muslims out of western civilizations, then what? You get christian extremists doing it. So we remove all of those guys. Now you get Catholics doing it. Then you get mentally ill people doing it, then you get ( and so on.. )

And lets get back to the fact that not all muslims are doing this. Not even 1%. Not even 0.01%.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2013-11-04 at 08:40 PM.

Why muslims? The largest terrorist attack in Norway in past decades was a white christian.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    So we are labeling all attacks done by foreigners as terrorist attacks now?

Deleted
    So your solution would be what? Stereotyping? Severely limiting freedoms?
    Yes and my solution is reasonable.

This is just like the gun debate. You don't just ban all guns because a few psychos can't control themself. Like wise you can't just stereotype and punish all muslims / foreign / mentally ill people because of a few extremists, serial killers, etc.
    Yes, you should! Guns should be restricted, just like immigration.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was only a knife. If one person had known how to fight on that bus then this would have been a happy story.

15+ Year Old Account
    sooo what is confirmed? gun? knife? motive?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.