Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Would rather they just remove flying mounts from the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Would rather they just remove flying mounts from the game.
    One can only wish. But people would complain, so sadly it's not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    One Expansion, only took ONE expansion for people to demand flying all the time....Cata
    That's how entitlement works

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Almost....ALMOST has much as people complain about having flying mounts. Of course the latter group is always 100% right and never whining. It's ONLY the group that likes flying that is a bunch of spoiled, entitled brats. Just like the same folks who want LFR removed...They are never crying, complaining, whinning!

It's amazing how that works
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-11-22 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1/3 xp for flying seems like a penalty that would be hard for people to understand, how do you tell a new player oh if you fly you get less.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Almost....ALMOST has much as people complain about having flying mounts. Of course the latter group is always 100% right and never whining. It's ONLY the group that likes flying that is a bunch of spoiled, entitled brats. Just like the same folks who want LFR removed...They are never crying, complaining, whinning!

It's amazing how that worked
    Yeah it's weird how that works out. I just stopped thinking about that hurts the brain too much. I can understand trying to defend their point but....pfft I don't know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post

It's amazing how that worked
    Oh yeah we're crying. We're entitled little brats.
    You know, we had to play like Blizzard told us for the past few years, and besides of a few weeks, we had to fly. No world PvP, no ground mounts, only people flying around in capital cities. Look, I can live with it. I didn't whine that I will quit (as some of you do, talk about entitled little brats) and I still play.
    I just said - one can only wish. That's all, that's what I would want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    1/3 xp for flying seems like a penalty that would be hard for people to understand, how do you tell a new player oh if you fly you get less.
    You don't tell them anything, because it wouldn't work. You wouldn't be able to get to 100 without some heavy grinding. So they would be forced to stay on the ground anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc9303c11829; 2013-11-22 at 06:31 PM.

Deleted
    "No more half measures, Walter."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Just a thought. What would be your reaction if when 6.0.x is released, you can use your level 90 flying, but if you fly between the time you pick up a (Draenor) quest and the time you turn it in, the XP gained is reduced by 67%?
    Would that be a reasonable tradeoff?
    Er, no. I have flight and should be able to use it whenever and however I can. One thing to have one no-fly zone, but several? Wish Blizz would stop making me having to relearn or pay for a skill I have already acquired.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

The people who use Blizzard talking points as their defence of their view point also tend to be the ones trying to use insulting others as their last line of defence, usually whiner, casual or lazy because thinking and presenting one's viewpoint in a way it can be understood is hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah we're crying. We're entitled little brats.
    You know, we had to play like Blizzard told us for the past few years, and besides of a few weeks, we had to fly. No world PvP, no ground mounts, only people flying around in capital cities. Look, I can live with it. I didn't whine that I will quit (as some of you do, talk about entitled little brats) and I still play.
    I just said - one can only wish. That's all, that's what I would want.

You don't tell them anything, because it wouldn't work. You wouldn't be able to get to 100 without some heavy grinding. So they would be forced to stay on the ground anyway.
    No world pvp are for several reasons and flight is the least of them. There is world pvp on mindless isle but barely anyone does it. What effects world pvp more is that pvpers don't like loosing they only like winning so they server transfer to a server with thier faction is the majority or they grief lowbies. The fact that swoop ganking will return in 2 months and pvpers are now complaining that they cant escape griefers without flying mounts makes any pvp complains towards flight mounts null and void.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Fred View Post
    How about they just leave the damn system as it is. Players will cry, 1 month later no one will talk about it anymore and life will go on exactly in the same way as it did for 9 years.
    And three months after that players will be crying that it was not Blizzard getting it wrong about flying, WOD is the best expansion ever and the losses of so many hundred thousand players are all because the game is old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Once again, people providing "solutions" completely not addressing the desire by Blizzard to have Timeless Isle-style events that flying would trivialize.
    To be honest if they are going to rely on Timeless Isle type content flying is going to be the least of players' worries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    No world pvp are for several reasons and flight is the least of them. There is world pvp on mindless isle but barely anyone does it. What effects world pvp more is that pvpers don't like loosing they only like winning so they server transfer to a server with thier faction is the majority or they grief lowbies. The fact that swoop ganking will return in 2 months and pvpers are now complaining that they cant escape griefers without flying mounts makes any pvp complains towards flight mounts null and void.
    It's usually PvE players that complain about it (yet they play on PvP realms), but you're right, there are some PvP players doing it too. PvP on some random isle isn't world PvP. It's just uninstanced battleground. It's forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    To be honest if they are going to rely on Timeless Isle type content flying is going to be the least of players' worries.
    And that's why I personally am not looking forward to no flying for 1-2-4 months. If all we're really getting is TI type stuff, then it's best to just fly. But oooh, that might ruin taking the slowass albatross up to a peak and golden glider down, such exciting gameplay.

If others enjoy TI style content, more power to them. I won't lobby for it to be removed.

Deleted
    well i guess we ll just have to suck it up with the non-flying

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Casuals like to fly.. I think they call it Peter Pan complex:P
    I am pretty sure a Peter Pan complex refers to people who refuse to grow up rather the actual act of flying and I think it fits perfectly with adults that spend their time moaning about casuals and how they do not work hard enough in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I am pretty sure a Peter Pan complex refers to people who refuse to grow up rather the actual act of flying and I think it fits perfectly with adults that spend their time moaning about casuals and how they do not work hard enough in a game.
    Nice spin. You get an e for effort.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Nice spin. You get an e for effort.
    Thanks, by the way just how is Tinkerbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I dunno. What do you think you should be able to do?

Perhaps instances should give more than a bar or two of XP near max level?
    That wouldn't make any sense. Why should you be compensated for taking the easy route?

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    That wouldn't make any sense. Why should you be compensated for taking the easy route?
    Perhaps you should apply the same logic to Blizzard when instead of making a compelling, interesting world that players actually want to be in rather than flying over it they decide to take away the option to fly over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    What are you going to do when you're not able to get to 100 off the quests because you flew through all of them and cut out 67% of the experience?
    Simple, QQ on the forums about Blizzard "tricking" them into a disadvantage.