Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The point of no flying is so that they can better plan where you will be and when. To make such a drastic change to experience would make that more challenging, as players would be getting it at different rates. Not to mention that players at level 100 would have no penalty for flying when they obviously don't want level 100 players flying.

Denial
    Anger
    Bargaining
    Depression
    Acceptance

Just two more to go.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The point of no flying is so that they can better plan where you will be and when. To make such a drastic change to experience would make that more challenging, as players would be getting it at different rates. Not to mention that players at level 100 would have no penalty for flying when they obviously don't want level 100 players flying.
    Not that I agree with OP, but a nerf to XP would be a nerf to gold at level 100. Cut by 1/3 would be pretty significant.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Denial
    Anger
    Bargaining
    Depression
    Acceptance

Just two more to go.
    Heh, awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Maybe they could just add casual servers instead.
    What do casuals have to do with no flying?
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Denial
    Anger
    Bargaining
    Depression
    Acceptance

Just two more to go.
    Right? This is the goofiest thing. That'll just lead to Blizzard having to design more quests just in case people are hard-headed and complain that they can't reach 100 because Zangar doesn't have anymore quests.

Let's just accept no-flying.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BRiiGHTEYES View Post
    Let's just accept no-flying.
    I fine with no-flying from 90-100. I would not be particularly fine if there was some kind of arduous quest chain that I had to filter 8-10 characters through, but that's different.

But that wasn't my question.

Suppose that we go back to a Wrath-like situation, where alts have a "buy to fly" book. Then, if you buy your flying, you have the "flying during a quest gives you 1/3 the XP" restriction.

That's what I'm trying to get at.

I would be okay with that, because frankly I enjoy using ground mounts while I'm questing, BECAUSE IT MAKES THE EXPERIENCE MORE IMMERSIVE. In general, I like that, anyway.

How about we simply give flying, insta 100's and full garrisons to the ever-persecuted 'im too busy / game is tedious / wife and 9 kids' set. And then the folks who actually want to play challenging pre end-game content can have it tailored to them. There, both sides are happy.

If only..

Deleted
    Doesnt matter.. its the only way to make everyone happy. Well more or less. single player games have difficulty sliders and mods, MMOs and competitive multiplayers games have to use some other way and making separate servers would be a nice cheap option. Even if they made one PvP server with flying and LFR disabled, I would play there and Im sure many others would too. If it fills up, make or convert another till the demand is met.
    I'm not saying only hardcore players would play there, I'm saying not even they would. Hell, I've been a hardcore player for quite a bit of WoW (not anymore), and such a server just seems dreadfully boring.

A server where PvP is enforced (such as experience via killing guards and players, being able to kill your own faction, assuming it's got decent mechanics to prevent ganking much lower levels, etc) would be cool, but a "hardcore" server very likely wouldn't.

No they aren't, they've ALWAYS had no flying till level cap in all expansions excluding Cata and you know how well that was received. Why would players quit over it this time?
    leveling, that took maybe 15 maybe 20 hours, compared to several months of no flying... totally comparable...
    I think more people will like it because you can now level in peace without getting ganked by those who rushed to 100 and are flying around, looking for easy targets.
    and that will change... how? 100 can still camp near lowbie hubs and gank you while you fight mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I wouldn't go so far. The problem with flying is that there are no combat-skills for flying. Think about it if we could battle while flying; there would be far less problems. Add it that the flying speed get decreased to 100% in combat and the range of spells get increased as long as we fly it would be far better. The problem is NOT flying: the problem is that we cannot fight while flying. To decrease ganking from air it should be that damage done to targets on the ground is decreased by 100%
    90% would not be enough. Flying ganks would still happen all over the place.

I dont quiet understand the whine in all these threads, so what you cant fly for a period. Not gonna be the whole xpansion, just chill and go with the flow. Nobody can fly, its not like you are the only one that cant. Geeee, but i guess as a vet flying isnt the world.

Every Xpac you were not able to fly till max level, so what if 6.1 comes like 3-4 weeks after everyone hits 100? the 3-4 weeks gonna kill you?!

How about if they didn't allow you to fly in current content at all, then they don't have to make 3x as many quests

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    how bout shut up about flying already, geez. tens of topics about same pointless shit that is already decided anyways, and pools or petitions on mmo champs wont change it. just deal with it , you're grounded for greater good.
    ... seriously im getting annoyed with the threads as well and like i said im against flying while leveling but also against having to wait till a patch after level cap for flying,,, however the most annoying thing is people trying to tell others what is "for greater good" or whats best for them or more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I wouldn't go so far. The problem with flying is that there are no combat-skills for flying. Think about it if we could battle while flying; there would be far less problems. Add it that the flying speed get decreased to 100% in combat and the range of spells get increased as long as we fly it would be far better. The problem is NOT flying: the problem is that we cannot fight while flying. To decrease ganking from air it should be that damage done to targets on the ground is decreased by 90% (in addition to resilience)
    WotLK Beta tested the viability of mounted combat and Blizzard determined it wasn't worth the hassle. It was similar to why so many people disliked Vashjir.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    What do casuals have to do with no flying?
    Casuals like to fly.. I think they call it Peter Pan complex:P

how about they give npcs the shell you get from the rare mob in MoP. and no matter the height it still dismounts you. so all of us who don't care about the no flying laugh as to fall to your death.

Why is it when ever someone gives an ideal on how to fix a problem its always god awful? I'm against restricting flying after max level but I have yet to see a resolution that did not originate in the Bizarro universe.

If you have an ideal thats awesome and everyone will love it then just keep it to yourself and imagine tossing it into the waste bin in your brain because its not awesome and no one will love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Casuals like to fly.. I think they call it Peter Pan complex:P
    Hardcores like to fly too as its a personal preference that changes from person to person and how much time and effort you put in the game does not decide your preference. Ignorance like this can not be molded into actual intellectual discussion.

One Expansion, only took ONE expansion for people to demand flying all the time....Cata

Every other expansion you have had to hit max level before you could fly in the current zone... So, 1/6 will have flying at the start..... (Nilla, bc, wrath, cata, mop, WoD)

No they aren't, they've ALWAYS had no flying till level cap in all expansions excluding Cata and you know how well that was received. Why would players quit over it this time? I think more people will like it because you can now level in peace without getting ganked by those who rushed to 100 and are flying around, looking for easy targets.
    You could fly in wrath at 78.

every single one of these options I see is more complicated and problem causing then simply not having flying for a few months.