Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Except for calling them elitist scum(scum implies you're better than them) and then kicking them. Honestly, just because you shit on them for a reason other than lack of skill doesn't make it any less elitist. My way is best, the way you play isn't... Elitist attitude.
    He was asking if explaining a mechanic was elitist, so I posted a generic response that wasn't elitist. As I said, there are idiots who think that any advice is elitism. I think you might be a bit confused on what we were discussing.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    The only reason "elitists" exist, is that some/a lot of players just suck/dont want to get better.
    And it feels like their number increases steadily.
    No, the reason elitists exist is because they lack self discipline. You determine how you react to a failing group. Being an intolerant elitist asshat is simply one of the many ways you can choose to handle the situation, and to put it quite bluntly, is not acceptable, no matter how justified you may feel at that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by teph View Post
    "Back in the day" the two groups (elitists and baddies) didnt get mixed that often, because the "baddies" had no means to enter content they are not supposed to do.
    Being elitist has nothing to do with being good or bad at the game. Even if most elitists are good at the game, it doesn't mean most people who are good at the game are elitists. Elitism is simply an attitude, borne by people who think they are better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Fair point, even if it's only a thought, you are still being elitist. And I understand the term perfectly. You're the one who seems to think that elitists cant be douches.
    You seem to think that elitist can only be douches. The question is; do you think they are douches because they think they are better than you, or do you think they are douches because they call you out for doing mistakes? If you think that elitism equates to being a douche, why not just say "remove douche bags from Raids and Battlegrounds"? That would get rid of the other jerks as well as the elitist that make BGs and raids a terrible experience.

You seem to have a strong hatred towards people that think they are better than you. Maybe it's your jealously that is causing the problems and not really people thinking they are better than you. I have zero problems with elitist. I do have problems with people who are loud, obnoxious, douche bags that may or may not be elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    Have fun with queues being 3x as long. Lol, and not getting a tank after waiting for 30 minutes because he doesn't match your personality spectrum.
    Actually, it likely wouldnt effect the mass majority. With three times longer queue, you make the assumption that 2/3 of tanks are elitists.

Guys, if you run into SO many elitists that you feel the need to make a thread about removing them (or supporting such a thread), it's very possible you're the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    You don't want to remove elitists, you want to remove dumbasses, big difference.

this. most of the time those elitists are carrying the bgs/LFR's... sure they may be assholes but they are good players.

the dumbasses however are the ones who call themselves good at the game for having more 90s than you. its easy to tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Elitism is simply an attitude, borne by people who think they are better than others.
    But I am better than an awful lot of people. Sorry, but if I'm tanking and #2 on DPS on a single target fight, you're going to hear about it and deservedly so. Kicking me for pointing out that maybe you should put a little effort into the game? No thanks. Maybe instead you should get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    #NoMoreElitists
    You've got my vote. It's time for the "relatively" silent majority to nix the rude amongst us from the setup.

To side with some here as well, I do use my Ignore judiciously, and recently I've found that the people I do ignore start disappearing. Hopefully leaving the game and making it better for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    But I am better than an awful lot of people. Sorry, but if I'm tanking and #2 on DPS on a single target fight, you're going to hear about it and deservedly so. Kicking me for pointing out that maybe you should put a little effort into the game? No thanks. Maybe instead you should get better.
    the question here is, are you being constructive about it, or crying virtual tears about how we "suck" and "Should just quit the game"? This is the key difference. I'm all for getting better, but just being mean for the sake of it does nobody good and should rightfully get you removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    Guys, if you run into SO many elitists that you feel the need to make a thread about removing them (or supporting such a thread), it's very possible you're the problem.
    Again, not entirely true. It's all about how they speak. If somebody's just mad that everybody says they need to improve, I agree with you. My understanding of this thread is that we're promoting a sense that Unnecessary behavior in regards to making those suggestions should be handled accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Actually, it likely wouldnt effect the mass majority. With three times longer queue, you make the assumption that 2/3 of tanks are elitists.
    Have you ever been in an lfr? And what do you mean likely? That's baseless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    Classy. "If you have x opinion, it's your fault"

My old chemistry professor told me never to assume but I'm going to go ahead and do it anyway. OP got into lfr, wears pvp gear to tank, was quickly removed after getting destroyed by the first boss, and came to the forums to vent about people that may or may not have been attempting to helping him. Nowadays everyone has some huge ego and even if you try to help someone else in the slightest way possible they take it as an insult.

As an example I introduced myself to a monk waaay back in ToT lfr (durumu second week) and we chatted for awhile. After I thought we had become somewhat friendly I attempted to tell him that storm, earth, and fire is a dps loss on single target. He promptly responded as though I just punched his mother in the face. Since then I havent helped anyone else.

Rather have a system that instantly kicks someone who is doing less than X Dps.

What is an "Elitist" anyway? Someone who actually knows what they are doing? In that case, I guess I'm an elitist. I'm the guy who does 3 times the dps of everybody else in the LFR. I'm the guy who carries your sorry excuse of a performance. I'm the one who prevents wipes. I'm the one who makes your runs take 30mins instead of 2 hours.

The only time I critize somebody else, is when his/her performance affects MY gameplay. Yes, I get it, you don't want to be good at a game, because that's very nerdy (but you have no problem spending 6 hours getting tortured in LFR for your gear ofc), but, at some point, there a limit to how little Dps one can do compared to his gear.

The next time you want to kick somebody who hurt your feelings (I'm assuming this is what this thread is about), take a look at your own performance, and maybe you will understand that the criticism was justified.

Play properly, and nobody will give you shit, it is that simple.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

#NoMoreElitists
    And i would be happy to see everyone getting their asses split half if they dont know what they're doing. Who wants to waste time because someone else is too lazy to do their job properly? I dont. do i want to wipe because 5 players are afk tank pulls extra packs or is in int gear? No i dont want to. I would rather see full raid of elitists who spam something in capslock than bad players. Bad players are much more cancer to LFR / internet than elitisism.

Tired and sick of argument "this is just a game" yea it is just a game but i dont want to spent extra time doing lfr because bad players want to do how they feel like!

Also you want lfr to be 20k dpser 10k hpser without clue what to do?
    Last edited by Mykk; 2013-12-05 at 04:21 PM.

Removing "elitists" from a group is kind of elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Firstly elitists wouldnt even bother doing LFR unless its at the start of the patch, maybe.
    Because elitists don't have alts, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Did the boss die without hitting the enrage?
    If so, then your statement is nothing more but attention whoring.

LFR is NOT the place for competitive play.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Sorry but all these people saying I OFFER HELP & GET IT THROWN IN MY FACE are either lying or not divulging the true words used

Thats just BS, I generally agree with the OP, I dislike running LFR for the exact same reason: bad players that yell in /raid while most of the time not beeing near the top of dmg/healing. I usually just auto ignore those people and vote to kick them, and if more did they would get kicked from the raid every time they start yelling... I mean if theese 5% are actually ruining the game for 95% of the players then you should not have a hard time getting them kicked..

As for helping, while getting yelled at is rather uncommon, it happens from time to time. And it's pretty frustrating if you as a the tank if he done it before and if he want pointers and the normal respons is "I know what I'm doing" (even if he clearly would do better with some help to understand mechanics) or just no responce at all.

Ah the millennial generation, the generation incapable of hearing criticism without pee'ing their pants and crying hysterically.

They've been told every day by their parents how wonderful and special they are, regardless of merit or accomplishment.

They got trophies for finishing last. They went to a school that gave them "extra credit" for trying hard.

Here's to the most entitled generation in the history of humanity "I deserve everything, doesn't matter if I don't put any effort or thought into it, and nobody should ever be allowed to criticize me for anything!"

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    Have you ever been in an lfr? And what do you mean likely? That's baseless.

- - - Updated - - -

Classy. "If you have x opinion, it's your fault"
    By the way, I'm curious of your logic or that thereof. Do you naively belief that a programmer would develop such a queue with no safeguards? One could easily start pulling from the pool of "toxic" players in the event of shortage. The idea is to minimize awful experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Did the boss die without hitting the enrage?
    If so, then your statement is nothing more but attention whoring.

LFR is NOT the place for competitive play.
    You can compete anywhere. Why is LFR exempt from this, and why do you get to make the rules?

Deleted
    Trolling and flaming is not, however, part of any competition unless you are still mentally a kindergardener.