Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back to the OP's question a bit, how dependent on gear/ilvl are MWs? Did the veterans here notice a significant difference going from 535 to 567? Was there a big jump at some point (ilvl, 2pcT16, 4pcT16)?

I'm about 2/3 of the way there on my alt (551) and I'm only doing about half the HPS as our 567 Resto Druid, sometimes less. Part of it is probably that he has more experience on his druid knowing exactly what to cast at each part of a fight that works best. There's no absorbs, so that absorb sniping excuse is gone. I just feel like other healers have that, "OK here's where I press this button and get insane HPS", and monks have at best, "please god don't let me miss-time this TFT by 3 seconds or I'm screwed 15 seconds from now". And then when we do time it perfectly, we barely get close to the HPS that the healer gets by pressing a button when something happens. Having Revival once or twice a fight doesn't come close to making up the HPS (except for on Immersus, I somehow think that first fight is where the devs got the impression it was too powerful). How much of that loss of HPS is due to the fact that I'm in a 25-man guild? ReM on CD and TFT timing is MW 101, but I feel like there's some other secret sauce going on for some MWs to be pushing better HPS. Lately I've just told myself screw it, I'm punching the boss and just keeping ReM and TFT on CD, none of this MW crap. I'll play the channeling, spinning, TFT+uplift timing game when I get better gear or they fix this class. Then I get to Thok and think, crap, spinning and TFT+uplift timing .. please get this damn fight over with. OH, and run through my balls please, don't run AROUND them, they aren't orange cones, sheesh.

I guess I just don't understand OP's initial problem well enough. I played several healing specs/classes a few times since BC. As long as the raid isn't dying and understands the class, they'll know you're doing your job. If they don't, you either want to educate them or find another raid with less narrow-minded people.

This is why I get on anybody in LFR/Flex who says somebody else isn't doing the right amount of heals; Especially if it's a disc priest or holy pali (to a lesser extent). Somebody doing that level of healing knows they're padding the meters, so trying to show off or get somebody else kicked just makes them jerks.

Anyway, it doesn't sound like you're doing anything inherently wrong. Again, if people are alive, your job as a healer is done. Enjoy progressing!

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP's questions have been answered several times over.

Deleted
    I actually have the same problem with my MW monk - she is 543 now. Shammies are better - healing rain, pallys and disco priests, I'm sick of overhealing... Damn, I play many different healers, and MW is just way behind others. I am not regular raider anyways, just flexing sometimes. I try to maintain mists on as many ppl as possible (with TFT ofc), I do uplift when I can, and when I know damage spikes will occur. I am standing in melee just to be sure that I can FW. When tanks are dying I am using EM. My main 90lvl talen is Xuen, but sometimes when raid is stacking well I choose RJW. I drink my mana tea, I use Revival on big damage. And for what? For doing like 50k healing, while priests, pallys and shammys (heroic geared ofc, so other problem is I am comparing myself to way better raiders) are doing 150k... :<
    But in the same situations my 536 disc priest is just better, doing like 100k. With undergeared shammy (502 ilvl) I am always better than any MW in LFR, doing just totems, healing rain and healing chain. That is sad

Deleted
    I'm in the same boat as you Malotka. 3 times the effort for half the output. And output isnt even the worst thing, the worst thing is how unreliable it is. Healing on shaman or paladin is a breeze because your heals land on the right targets all the time.

The more raiding i do the more i feel MW needs a big overhaul come Wod. And not a small one either it needs to get heavy surgery.

edit: Going to stick to the class no matter what. Its the most fun i've had i years.
    Last edited by mmoc44505a06a9; 2014-01-18 at 10:05 PM.

I run a raid team myself with a disc/MW/resto shaman, because of the stack healing of MW and the shaman I've begin just staying stacked on one point through phase 1 and 2 and letting those guys heal through it. The only time we spread is on later phases when he spawns adds, once those die we stack back up. It's something to consider, it also allows your melee to be on the weapon which pretty much puts it down in 5 seconds. It's worth considering if you have another good AOE healer to back you up. The disc still gets his due when the whirling corruption hits at the same time as the weapon (PWB). We could probably drop the disc priest for this fight, but he adds some damage and serves as an excellent fallback should be make an error.
    Last edited by hatchetman240; 2014-01-19 at 04:48 PM.

The best to get mana tea stack is thru fistweaving, 2nd thru uplift spamming, 3rd is EM.

Heal tank best way is thru healing sphere or spam soothing mist (spam click / press soothing mist), it heal more than EM.

If tank continue to take spike damage, HS is only choice if life cocoon not available as EM heal too little.
    However, when there are lot of adds around tank, fistweaving absolutely is the best way to heal tank.