Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Let me restate: I think this is more revealing about you than it is about the Texans.
    Why so serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    I think this reflects more on you than it does on the Texans.
    I accept that. I haven't yet traded in my sense of humor for a gun.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Places that hardly ever get snow don't have the infrastructure in place to deal with it (and rightly so, given what that costs). Even a light dusting can render roads very dangerous when you don't have a fleet of salt trucks and snow plows that can deal with the snow within an hour. Unsalted roads are very, very dangerous, regardless of how much snow has fallen.

Vehicle design is also often different in states that don't experience extreme weather conditions, meaning they often lack features that cars in less hospitable states have as a practical standard.

The Texas situation looks silly when you look at it in isolation, but in practice playing it safe when your state's infrastructure isn't set up to deal with snow is the right call.
    This, a thousand times over. Combine that with the fact that nobody in those areas has any idea of how to drive, and you see a combination of people thinking they can drive as fast as they like and people going 5 MPH... either is dangerous on their own, in combination they're potentially lethal.

It's absurd when you look at states that get a ton of snow, but they know what to do and how to handle it. States like Texas don't, and it's simply not cost effective to keep the salt trucks around. It's actually cheaper to shut down for a day or two and wait for the snow to melt, because it probably will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Spoderman teach us how to plow.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    This, a thousand times over. Combine that with the fact that nobody in those areas has any idea of how to drive, and you see a combination of people thinking they can drive as fast as they like and people going 5 MPH... either is dangerous on their own, in combination they're potentially lethal.

It's absurd when you look at states that get a ton of snow, but they know what to do and how to handle it. States like Texas don't, and it's simply not cost effective to keep the salt trucks around. It's actually cheaper to shut down for a day or two and wait for the snow to melt, because it probably will.
    you don't need salt, sand, plows and all of that shit for what is basically a light dusting of snow. Common sense should take over that it might get slick in some places...judging by the rest of your narrative though, that seems to be in short supply in Texas

Texas has mass amounts of farms... this seems logical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright. So this is just a gag thread? If that's the case, carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Lightwysh wat r u doin?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qxgfFwEZjes" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Lightwysh...

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    http://<iframe width="560" h...>< /iframe>
    Stahp!!

Lightwysh wat r u doin?

Lightwysh...

Stahp!!
    Hey, Im having a moment. I fixed it...

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not being fair. Snow on the roads is very dangerous, and it's unlikely they have enough manpower, materials and equipment to deal with clearing it properly. People do die when roads get slick.

15+ Year Old Account
    you don't need salt, sand, plows and all of that shit for what is basically a light dusting of snow. Common sense should take over that it might get slick in some places...judging by the rest of your narrative though, that seems to be in short supply in Texas
    Depends entirely on what you consider a light dusting. Something as small as one centimeter (1/3 of an inch) can make the traffic a mess if you don't have your cars set with winter tires. And I'm pretty sure you don't have winter tires in Texas so salting would be the only logical choice really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree Texans react to snow poorly.

However, I would love to see how Canadians would deal with a 110+ degrees plus humidity for 5 months at a time. Quid pro quo after all.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Depends entirely on what you consider light dusting. Something as small as one centimeter (1/3 of an inch) can make the traffic a mess if you don't have your cars set with winter tires. And I'm pretty sure you don't have winter tires in Texas so salting would be the only logical choice really.
    Winter tires? wtfff

All seasons work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post

However, I would love to see how Canadians would deal with a 110+ degrees plus humidity for 5 months at a time. Quid pro quo after all.
    That's what A/C is for. Or going up to the lake

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post

They just mass produce Bacon and stack it up against Snow.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    More ammunition for the "global warming deniers", or rather, the people who do not understand that climate change doesn't mean just a warmer weather.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    climate change doesn't mean just a warmer weather.
    Yes it makes bacon more scarcely as Aeluron Lightsongs solution would require a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Yes it makes bacon more scarcely as Aeluron Lightsongs solution would require a lot.
    Do what must be done. Show no mercy.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Do what must be done. Show no mercy.
    Spartans! Prepare for Bacon!

Deleted
    Spartans! Prepare for Bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    unleash the hounds!!