Page 1 of 3
LastLast

im sick of this sad world

Has anyone else thought of getting vr tech and living in the mountains living in a virtual world?

What would be the issues with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeydeath View Post
    Has anyone else thought of getting vr tech and living in the mountains living in a virtual world?

food, water, bathing ect....

Pretty sure you'd need a permit and a license to live in the mountains these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not saying you are one, but I find that most people who post this on the internet are spoiled.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    I think anyone posting on an MMO website does not have it as bad as they think, if you have your health you should be extremely grateful for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    A VR world would get incredibly boring without any other people in it and the moment you add other people you're inviting the same problems from the real world.

It aint that bad dude. This is a great generation in a way, yeah you got all the terrorism and bullshit, but just think about how we live now. In the past there was almost always a huge war going on. There is peace between a lot of countries and we have the technology of the internet that has almost no limit to what you can do in creativity within it. I don't know, I think life is great, and not just because things in my life are going well. Eh, I suppose I'm bias.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    It aint that bad dude. This is a great generation in a way, yeah you got all the terrorism and bullshit, but just think about how we live now. In the past there was almost always a huge war going on. There is peace between a lot of countries and we have the technology of the internet that has almost no limit to what you can do in creativity within it. I don't know, I think life is great, and not just because things in my life are going well. Eh, I suppose I'm bias.
    This, We have people talking about how these times are the "End of Days" and ( Lol ) that Things have never been worse. Clearly most people don't know what history is. Because you know...back in Rome when 1000's of people was killed brutally and being ripped apart by getting tied to horses is an easy day compared to what we have now.

Whats a bad day to you? Drama at work/school or watching your child getting his arms cut off? Truthfully we all have no idea.

People talk about Kid Napping, Murder, Rapes and Drugs and how its so bad now? Sorry but back in the days where there was no advanced police force with technology i can promise you it was a lot worst. back just 50 years ago, People could probably rape and kill someone and hide em in the woods and nobody would know Shit. Only difference now is that you hear stuff like that everyday thanks to Media.

If you think its bad now, just thank god that we don't have people that can invite you and your family his castle for dinner, During dinner, take your wife have sex with her infront or everyone then after it. get her to talk about how better he is or you are at doing it.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

You can stop reading forums and mainstream news. You'll be surprised how much happier you'll be

10+ Year Old Account
    Too much information can sour your outlook on life, I'm not one for indulging selfishness, but it sounds like you need to practice a little of it and re-evaluate your place in the universe right now. Because you could be so much worse off.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeydeath View Post

What makes you say that? How old are you?

There has always been sadness in the world we just now see more of thanks to television and internet being around.

Sure, go for it. Satellite internet is cheaper than ever, although slow. Buy some land, can build a simple house for cheap...like very cheap, there are people that can do it for $3-5k...if you're off grid (which a great deal of mountain/rural living is) you'll need well water, an outhouse/compostable toilet, etc...if you want electrical you'll have to put in some solar paneling or use some sort of generator. If you have the money and/or are only thinking semi-rural then you can build or purchase a conventional home/cabin.

I grew up in Alaska, there are people that do this often and subsistence hunt/fish but the lifestyle is not for everyone. Since you sound like you're deeply attached to your internet, I'm not sure the lifestyle is for you...but yeah, you can do it if you want to.

Bad shit happens. You hear about it all the time now because it sells ad revenue and media circulation a lot more than good news does. Is more of it happening? Yes. Is more of it happening per capita? Not really. Population density increases, so it follows more people generate more bad shit. With the immediacy of the media and its saturation into our culture, again it follows you're going to hear every little bit of bad news they can get their hands on to shout from the proverbial rooftops.

IOW, stop letting the media weight you down with doom and gloom and go find something else to occupy yourself with. If more people did this maybe they wouldn't sensationalize every bad act with such lurid and salacious presentation. But I kind of doubt it.

Um...Isn't that pretty much what WoW is anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I think anyone posting on an MMO website does not have it as bad as they think, if you have your health you should be extremely grateful for that.
    Everyone is entitled to their own griefs. Saying somebody has it 'good' by mere comparison is foolhardy.

All that matters is how somebody feels, their perception of their reality. Merely telling them "No, you're fine and you should be grateful." (grateful to who by the way... >.>) doesn't solve anything or prove anything.
    Last edited by spinner981; 2014-03-02 at 07:11 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

If the answer is hide somewhere with a VR, im pretty sure we call this a first world problem.

Deleted
    Go back to watching anime you philosophy tractor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their own griefs. Saying somebody has it 'good' by mere comparison is foolhardy.

All that matters is how somebody feels, their perception of their reality. Merely telling them "No, you're fine and you should be grateful." (grateful to who by the way... >.>) doesn't solve anything or prove anything.
    What matters is how grateful people are for what they have.

I could go on and be depressed because I don't have a billion dollars (a lot of people are these days for the exact same reason)- is that an acceptable perception of reality for you? Would you take me seriously and listen to my first world problems?

Some people are just pussied and rather than think they look for the easy way out. This is OPs idea, fuck everything and just go live in a cabin where nobody can find you. I bet he would climb down a mountain within a week with tears running down his cheeks. There is a limit to where one can say: "you can't tell everybody to be grateful".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    This, We have people talking about how these times are the "End of Days" and ( Lol ) that Things have never been worse. Clearly most people don't know what history is. Because you know...back in Rome when 1000's of people was killed brutally and being ripped apart by getting tied to horses is an easy day compared to what we have now.
    The last 100 years has been the bloodiest and sickest years in all human history.