Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I love the idea of a server wide event with stages and quests, scenarios, and just a ton of build-up for the expansion, but I really don't think it's going to happen. I think it should happen, and it would be totally amazing but the main reason I'm pessimistic is because Blizzard doesn't like to develop a whole lot of content with such a short lifespan.

Remember that for Cataclysm, there was the Elemental Unrest and for Pandaria, it was the Theramore's Fall scenario, which was later re-used for MoP end-game. I just think looking at the past should remind us that we really have to temper our expectations for this sort of thing. I'm not saying there won't be an event. I'm just saying I think it's probably going to be something really simple.

Yeh some really nice ideas like the one where you start off in the temple of the white tiger and progress from there.

I am hopeful blizzard gives us a good event for this new expansion.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There have already been a few threads on this subject. Personally, I think it'll be in Blasted Lands. We won't go through the portal because that's being saved for the expansion. We'll probably just be fighting Iron Horde orcs, and maybe a few commanders/sergeants etc.. We'll also get a nice vanity item, like a tabard. Once we've stopped the main onslaught, we'll travel through the Dark Portal when the event ends.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

I look forward to whatever Blizzard decides to offer. I love the idea posted above by Falrinn. And to Deathonabun, they could keep the world event active and have bronze dragons port anybody there to see how it happened later to keep it relevant, like the Thrall Elements Questline is still there. You would just go to Somenamedormu and tell him you'd like to know what started all of this trouble. He'll then put you in the "phase" at which you'll see everything happening.

I think it'll be similar to TBC but orcs and gronns rather than demons

I think it a event about how we go through the dark portal to draenor. I hope the progession is like the isle of thunder.
    - He who moves first always wins -

I'd love to see legions of Iron Horde mount invasions of the faction capitals as part of the WoD pre-event. Have them come in and slaughter every npc and player. Make no city safe for a week just like it was in the WoTLK pre-event.

Make it impossible to avoid, just like it was nearly impossible to avoid becoming a zombie during the peak of the Scourge invasion.

Edit: Have a Gronn the size of Gruul come in and smash everything too.
    Last edited by Laerrus; 2014-03-07 at 03:57 PM.