10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    You'll have to point out what you're talking about, because I've never found anything to be maze-like or even complicated. Nagrand might come off as annoying to someone who desperately wants flight though, given how you need to explore to find your way up a mountain on the western side and use gliders to get to certain treasures.
    In order to train your beast (stables) with the Darkwing Roc on your list, you have to fly in to the Throne of Elements and then follow the ONLY path that goes up and around to get you there.

The other "option" is to backtrack 2/3 of the way, head mostly into the opposite direction, grab a glider, and hope you are high enough. With flight, I could just lift off at the base of the mesa table, and go straight up 50 feet.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2015-03-10 at 01:05 AM.

Deleted
    Inb4 he's telling you it's supposed to "be a challenge".

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    What mess? There is no mess. A couple upset people on the forums which is full of upset people regardless is not a 'mess'.
    Must be a coincidence ff14 getting flying mounts and gw2 getting close to the same. Both expansion previews make it a point to show people flying. You are kidding yourself if you think it is just a few upset people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Yeah, the challenge would be locating Stevie Wonder's phone number and asking him WTF he was thinking when he agreed to help Blizz design Nagrand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 circuitous routes are made that way deliberately, thus it's indeed supposed to be that way?

Besides, he's wrong. You can run west from the TotE flight point, through throne of the elements, head northwest slightly and up a ramp right to the Roc. IDK wtf that's a map for but it's NOT the Roc.

EDIT: The ramp is at 67,16 btw, if you've been going the long way unnecessarily this whole time.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2015-03-10 at 01:31 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Besides, he's wrong. You can run west from the TotE flight point, through throne of the elements, head northwest slightly and up a ramp right to the Roc. IDK wtf that's a map for but it's NOT the Roc.
    I was going to also point this out. Not only is that not even close to being the most efficient way to reach the stables mob from the throne of elements flight path, with some ingenuity you can reach that mob from the wind stables mob guy by gliding off a cliff near it. Spend less time sulking over no flying and more time exploring the world that was made for you, and who knows what you could find.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, looks like I was wrong for once. I'll do more due diligence in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by -Walter- View Post
    Well, looks like I was wrong for once. I'll do more due diligence in the future.
    Not to kick you while you're down so to speak, but how can you comment on the state of the world or its degree of difficulty when you don't fully understand it? I would expect more from someone who speaks so harshly against it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    At first, I did not care if there was flying or not, but 1 patch in and I kind of want it back. I cant even get motivated to leave my garrison cause of the long ass walks I'm going to have to take to do anything on Draenor. I find myself doing dailies in Wotlk and MoP just so I can fly and do something other than afk in my garrison. I literally cringe when I get a harrison jones mission cause of the massive walking around I am going to have to do. IMO, when Tanaan comes out and is relevent content, put flying on the rest of draenor and disable it in Tanaan.

I played in Vanilla when there was no flying and I did not complain back then because Flying was never a thought to me. But once you introduce something like flying mounts into an RPG, taking it away and saying "immersion" is going to result in threads like this. Honestly, blizzard just needs to re add flying and call it done. Everyone who wanted to do jumping puzzles and other stuff that is rendered useless by flying have already done them.

I've only seen SMV in Draenor, but in general I've always found WoW doesn't really have any visual distinction between hills and terrain you can climb and those that are completely impassable, which is irritating.

10+ Year Old Account
    The longer it's out the less I miss it. I find this surprising but it's true.

I'm fine if it doesn't return at all at this point.

I still enjoy it but I'm doing fine without it. Would have never predicted that back in September. I was tooling along in Pandaria doing something over the weekend and after leaving the FP I never even thought about getting on a bird. It's a strange thing.

I'm all in with Rebecca's post above mine: Better distinction of what you can and can't climb would be useful and overdue.

Moderator voice: I could and probably should infract anyone who starts up about other player armories but I'll leave one warning about it. Don't do it.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2015-03-10 at 02:44 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I've only seen SMV in Draenor, but in general I've always found WoW doesn't really have any visual distinction between hills and terrain you can climb and those that are completely impassable, which is irritating.
    Yah that is very true some consitency would be nice, two paths the exact incline and same looking terrain, and one I can climb up the other I can't.

Combine that with WoWs collision mechanics that have always left a great deal to be desired. Spectral tiger can't jump over a two foot root really?

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The longer it's out the less I miss it. I find this surprising but it's true.

I'm fine if it doesn't return at all at this point.

I still enjoy it but I'm doing fine without it. Would have never predicted that back in September. I was tooling along in Pandaria doing something over the weekend and after leaving the FP I never even thought about getting on a bird. It's a strange thing.

I'm all in with Rebecca's post above mine: Better distinction of what you can and can't climb would be useful and overdue.

Moderator voice: I could and probably should infract anyone who starts up about other player armories but I'll leave one warning about it. Don't do it.
    and that was their goal all along MoanaLisa, if the majority of people feel like you (probably do) then flight will never return in any relevant content. All future expacs will be developed w/out flight in mind (welcome back the 2D back drops of Vanilla).

It has nothing to do with making a better game and all about conserving resources and man hours.

Personally I miss flight every single time I leave my garrison, granted now I only leave for raids, daily pet battles, and getting stuff for the barn. At this point I am unsure if I am going to bother renewing mysub.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2015-03-10 at 02:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Personally I miss flight every single time I leave my garrison, granted now I only leave for raids, daily pet battles, and getting stuff for the barn. At this point I am unsure if I am going to bother renewing mysub.
    Which is the case for many by now, as there's little to no reason to actually leave they don't.

Which is the case for many by now, as there's little to no reason to actually leave they don't.
    No I have plenty of reasons I would like to leave, but when I think about hoping on a flight path and then rock humping to accomplish what it is I set out to do... then all drive I have fades.

To be honest flight isn't the only cause though. I have 10 alts 6 have lvl 3 garrison, 3 have lvl 2, and 1 has lvl one, by the time I get all the ore mined and all the herbs picked ... I have little desire to play anymore. WoW feels like a job, not a job a mind doing but lately it isn't fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    To be honest flight isn't the only cause though. I have 10 alts 6 have lvl 3 garrison, 3 have lvl 2, and 1 has lvl one, by the time I get all the ore mined and all the herbs picked ... I have little desire to play anymore. WoW feels like a job, not a job a mind doing but lately it isn't fun.
    About six weeks ago I promised myself two things: 1) always log out and wake my character up somewhere other than my garrison and 2) do my garrison stuff last thing of the day and not bother much with it on same faction alts.

In the event the sky hasn't fallen in because I ignored my garrisons for a couple of days or even a week. The times I do feel like getting up on a bird and sight-seeing, I'm in a place where I can do that. I'd recommend it but lots of people feel the need to obsess so they will do what they need to do.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Damn Blizzard for forcing you to explore and look around!
    We did that 4 months ago?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    We did that 4 months ago?
    Look, you're trying logic here. That's sadly not going to work, we all did. Now go and explore that way between the flight master in Everbloom Wilds and BRF, the same one you explored like 389402 times over again and where nothing whatsoever has changed. Now please excuse me, while I explore my fridge, after that I will explore my balcony to eat breakfast and then I'm going to explore some other parts of my apartment!

wait what.

Damn Blizzard for forcing you to explore and look around!
    Yeah, except noone does more exploring and looking around than before (everyone in garrisons / "capitals" / instanced content). You can't really force people to explore other than by providing rewards / making interesting content, but more importantly, you don't have to - people will explore plenty if you "just" do the latter - make interesting content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Walter- View Post
    In order to train your beast (stables) with the Darkwing Roc on your list, you have to fly in to the Throne of Elements and then follow the ONLY path that goes up and around to get you there.

The other "option" is to backtrack 2/3 of the way, head mostly into the opposite direction, grab a glider, and hope you are high enough. With flight, I could just lift off at the base of the mesa table, and go straight up 50 feet.
    Yeah, that's supposed to be "interesting". Of course, it's only interesting - and not overly so, I am yet to find someone thrilled about having to find their way in this mess - the first time, then it's idiotic...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yeah, that's supposed to be "interesting". Of course, it's only interesting - and not overly so, I am yet to find someone thrilled about having to find their way in this mess - the first time, then it's idiotic...
    Pssst... it's already been pointed out he made a mistake and there's a straight line path up a ramp at the bottom of the lake there.