Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sfeeney37 View Post
    Just popped in to say that I love the no flying in WoD thus far. The game world certainly feels bigger and more dangerous.
    bigger ? no more dangerous ? no

its just annoying

Man you guys are just complainers. Just quit FFS. A lot of people like no-flying, you don't. That's life, deal with it or shove it already. Literally the biggest babies I have ever seen in this community. It'd be one thing if you posted actual arguments or reasons. But saying you're going to huff and puff and refuse to stop complaining until you get your way doesn't and shouldn't get you anything. You are saying give me what I want and fuck game design. Flying is bad for game quality. Accept it, it just is. Anyone with a clue that's not blinded by their want knows it. Tired of being expected to respect people being so willfully ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    If what I've heard is accurate, you all handed in your flying mounts, and a couple of raid tiers and dungeons for some stupid jumping puzzles and fucking garrisons which could technically be upkept on mobile device.

nice trade off.

"we are planning a new expansion every year..."

really? then you better hurry up and announce what the next expansion is about...you have a lil over 11 months to keep that date!
    Like this. Are you fucking kidding me with this? A dumbass post like this deserves nothing but ridicule.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-11-27 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Man you guys are just complainers. Just quit FFS. A lot of people like no-flying, you don't. That's life, deal with it or shove it already. Literally the biggest babies I have ever seen in this community. It'd be one thing if you posted actual arguments or reasons. But saying you're going to huff and puff and refuse to stop complaining until you get your way doesn't and shouldn't get you anything. You are saying give me what I want and fuck game design. Flying is bad for game quality. Accept it, it just is. Anyone with a clue that's not blinded by their want knows it. Tired of being expected to respect people being so willfully ignorant.

Did you really just do a complaint thread about complainers? Yes... yes, I think you did.

And "Flying is bad for game quality." is a matter of opinion (nothing more) or else it probably would have been removed long before now. Even Bliz has had a "wait and see" attitude, because they just don't know (and still don't, because it will take time to sort out the data).

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    Did you really just do a complaint thread about complainers? Yes... yes, I think you did.

And "Flying is bad for game quality." is a matter of opinion.
    Yes I did and no it's not. It's just not.

There are 2 and only 2 arguments for flying.
    1. It's faster. This only applies to people with little time or impatient people, as travel is plenty efficient as it is. Neithergroup should be catered to. If you have little time then you're playing the wrong game. If you truly don't have time to play then you're not getting much done with or without flying. It doesn't mean the game should take longer than necessary. It just means we don't need game breaking amounts of convenience.
    2. I like flying. Which happens to be a sequence of words I had never seen before this all came up. Along with 'flying is immersive'.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-11-27 at 11:07 PM.

Deleted
    No-Fly for the win. Flight has been a bad idea since BC, and Draenor is small enough as it is.

+1 for no flying. Deal widdit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man you guys are just complainers.
    Just quit FFS. A lot of people like no-flying, you don't.
    That's life, deal with it or shove it already.
    Literally the biggest babies I have ever seen in this community.
    Tired of being expected to respect people being so willfully ignorant.
    Are you fucking kidding me with this? A dumbass post like this deserves nothing but ridicule.
    Calm down. It's just a thread. Flight is the best thing to ever happen to the game in terms of personal freedom and the ability to tame a dragon. Maybe you just need to step away for a few and have some turkey and taters or something.

It's almost a textbook example of an opinion. You believe something and others don't... and there are no ironclad facts that provide a definitive answer either way. Hell, you would be hard-pressed to even get a consistent definition of what comprises game quality, much less nit-picking a finer point of it.

You think it's bad... I think it's good. Both are just opinions.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2014-11-27 at 11:06 PM.

Like this. Are you fucking kidding me with this? A dumbass post like this deserves nothing but ridicule.
    This thread really seems to strike a nerve with you. Why are you so heavily invested in seeing other people not fly? If the entire content of pro flyers posts disgust you, why do you keep coming back here to subject yourself to that pain? Some sort of self serving righteous mission? Honestly, if this thread is annoying you that much, maybe you should take the ground mount option and ride past this place for a while, until you realize different people like different things in games.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Just quit complaining already and go play the damn game.

In case you haven't noticed, no matter what is said, what argument is given, no matter how valid or invalid, it's forgotten or ignored 5 pages later. So this is really all that's left to say.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-11-27 at 11:18 PM.

Just quit acting so damn entitled and go ply the damn game.

Entitlement is generally regarded as getting something for nothing. At least that is how it has been popularized through various political-speak in recent years.

That meaning has become butchered in gaming forums everywhere for a few years, because a consumer-paid-for service (such as any NON-FTP game) is the actual OPPOSITE of entitlement. It is a business transaction... and all such transactions have expectations (from both parties).

- - - Updated - - -

Just quit complaining already and go play the damn game.

In case you haven't noticed, no matter what is said, what argument is given, no matter how valid or invalid, it's forgotten or ignored 5 pages later. So this is really all that's left to say.

In your opinion.

Plenty of people (on both sides) still feel there is something worth saying. I don't suspect it will end anytime soon.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2014-11-27 at 11:20 PM.

You really expect people to take you seriously when you're so clearly being purposely dense? You have to purposely ignore common logic on why people would like ground play to say something like that. If you can't already tell reasons people like the change, no amount of explaining will let you comprehend it.
    Ad hominem, ad hominem, ad hominem, ad hominem, ad hominem. Keep up the good work Brandon138, I think you may actually convince someone that no flying is awesome, by bullying and brow-beating them to believe you!

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I am most like Tyrion Lannister (in attitude). I'm hoping they find a way to incorporate flight since my fey dragon and iron skyreaver strike an uncanny resemblance to the ones at the flight paths. On the topic of flight though, I took a FP to Nagrand and it glitched, so I was actually flying (swimming) the whole way. Superman flew!
    You've only hit 100 yesterday.. given how vocal you've been about how much you disdain no flying.. I imagined you've been max level long enough to form an actual opinion.

Man you guys are just complainers... Literally the biggest babies I have ever seen in this community... Are you fucking kidding me with this? A dumbass post like this deserves nothing but ridicule.
    Perfect example of bullying right here. Is internet bullying something that you can't live without, like water and oxygen?

p.s. A lot of us have quit, we don't want to play with bullies like you.

Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    It seems pretty clear to me that the vast majority of the playerbase is quite happy playing the game in it's new form without any flying mounts. So I'm kinda suspecting that this is the last we'll hear of it. There aren't nearly enough complaints or enough of an outrage to make Blizzard consider they should add back flying to the game again. If the outrage and crying had been louder then perhaps it would've seen a return, but everyone seems pretty content and a lot of people are praising the quality of the expansion, so I'm quite certain this will be the last we'll have seen of flying mounts for a long time.

It's probably too early to tell yet, since everything is fresh and new. Even the WPvP crowd is in a rare state of glee, because they believe to have won a battle, but have yet to see the long-term affect as people desert the world for various queues. New expansion starts are nearly always a WPvP heaven and this is really no different (they seem to be forgetting that). It is the long-term effect that needs to be judged.

Even after the dust has settled though, it will actually be kind of difficult for Bliz to know if killing flight was a direct cause, or just a contributor to sub losses. Unless someone quitting purposefully navigates several menu screens, there is no place to put "I want to fly." among your reasons for quitting... so there is the actual risk that they don't even see the pattern before them.

You may be right, it may leave and never return. But it is probably a bit too soon to consider it a done-deal at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    You've only hit 100 yesterday.. given how vocal you've been about how much you disdain no flying.. I imagined you've been max level long enough to form an actual opinion.
    You might of missed the part where he leveled several dudes in his 3 months on the beta.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    You might of missed the part where he leveled several dudes in his 3 months on the beta.
    Betas beta.. You guys all made dooms day prophecies during beta and none of those have came true so yea.

There are 2 and only 2 arguments for flying.
    1. It's faster. This only applies to people with little time or impatient people, as travel is plenty efficient as it is. Neithergroup should be catered to. If you have little time then you're playing the wrong game. If you truly don't have time to play then you're not getting much done with or without flying. It doesn't mean the game should take longer than necessary. It just means we don't need game breaking amounts of convenience.
    2. I like flying. Which happens to be a sequence of words I had never seen before this all came up. Along with 'flying is immersive'.

I missed your edit, but I will respond to it.

1) Going "faster" is something that has just been bred into the gaming mindset. You can't stop it.

It might be "I need to level fast." or "I need to gear fast." or "We need to be server 1st on a boss kill" or whatever. Doing things fast is a core part of gaming... nearly all gaming, and removing flight does nothing to stop that desire. Instead, it only reminds some people how fun going fast used to be.

And whether flight is a "game breaking amount of convenience" or not is a matter of opinion. I remember having to visit a dungeon in order to level Enchanting and I gotta say, I did not find the extra effort fun by any stretch of the word (and that is MY opinion).

2) I have to be honest, before this debate came up a year ago, I never once saw "I hate flying" in anything I ever read. Ever. The closest that anyone ever came was complaining that they had to raise the gold for flight to get into some dungeons and raids... which was more of a gold-grind issue. Even people (back then) who complained about flight killing WPvP were not against flying as much as they were people getting away (there is a difference).

I suspect that might be due to our game backgrounds though. I was on an imbalanced PvP realm for a short time years ago, left it and never looked back. So my PvP realm experience is minimal, where as I would guess that you have not spent a lot of time on a PvE realm. They really are different worlds.

The immersion thing just came up because people were forced to think about it when faced with its removal in current content. I too, feel much more immersed and likely to explore with flight... it is simply a fact for me. It is my opinion, but yours may vary.

- - - Updated - - -

Betas beta.. You guys all made dooms day prophecies during beta and none of those have came true so yea.

From what I have seen, very little has changed between the gameplay of beta and the current incarnation of the game, so his opinion is likely as valid now as it was when beta ended (for good or bad).

10+ Year Old Account
    I had 5 100s in the Beta. My opinion stands.

2 raid tier theory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...djaH_HIE#t=221

"It is very possible that if we are successful and there is a shorter gap, then we won't necessarily want to have multiple raid tier content patches"

A smart man looks at that and says "wow...blizzards gonna create more expansions as an excuse to create less content...soon it could be 1 tier, 1 expansion 50 dollers please!"

An idiot reads into what he says and thinks "wow they are going to make more content!"

So uhm yeah...maybe you could...you know, break down what you thought was wrong with what I had said.
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-11-28 at 01:59 AM.

If people quit over no flying, then it's no loss to the rest of us. these idiots think they are the majority when in fact, it's the very few annoying ones being the loudest. Blizzard won't listen to that.

This expansion is better without flying, everyone is grounded in the new areas and i love it. No more fly to this, kill mob.. fly away.. fly to that, grab treasure, fly away.. pretty much never touching down unless it is to take something. It's stupid and i'm glad we're all equal footing and on ground, hope it stays this way.

People want to quit over something like flying, then Wow was never the game for them and they'd complain and degrade the game anyways.