Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Nothing at all, know quit a few and they are all cool.
    Hell give 60 dollars to a stripper before spending it to skip 2 levels... if you have enough for both.. two strippers.. three strippers.. four, five,six
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Republicans, you can't argue with them
    I'm not Republican, I'm not even American. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure my political party is my countries version of the opposite of your Republicans.

I'm just not an arrogant self-righteous douche.

but once again. KEEP GRASPIN' THEM STRAWS BUDDY!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    How much effort does it take for me to make 60 bucks? Oh, you don't know? Exactly. How can you claim it to be horribly inefficient when you have no clue on how much effort I put in to make the 60 bucks vs the effort from leveling?
    You could have had 2 level 90s, instead you have one for the same price minus maybe 10 hours of game time. Tell me how that isn't inefficient...especially for the dude who did it to an 88...like wtf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I dunno. Decisions that others perceive as sensible can seem strange to others.

You shouldn't care about why someone bought the expansion anyway. No need to try and call him out on a decision that has 0 impact on you. OP is a dingleberry.
    I do agree whispering someone randomly is an ass move. And I think using the "Free" 90 on an 85 is fine, if legit you don't care.. I think the issue here is people who payed 60 dollars to boost something over the level of 84

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    I'm not Republican, I'm not even American. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure my political party is my countries version of the opposite of your Republicans.

I'm just not an arrogant self-righteous douche.

but once again. KEEP GRASPIN' THEM STRAWS BUDDY!
    I'M NOT YOUR BUDDY GUY (I'm thinking your canadian, not sure.. in which case, you and the UK, and lots of other countries actually agrees with me, that you all don't know how to spend your money, that's why they take 60%of it, and buy what you need for you)
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Meanwhile, starvation.
    Uh huh. Are you trying to imply that the same money could be better spent on fixing the world's starvation? Self-righteousness with this one is a tad bit extreme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Uh huh. Are you trying to imply that the same money could be better spent on fixing the world's starvation? Self-righteousness with this one is a tad bit extreme.
    It's a hyperbole. But my point is, isn't there something better to spend 60 whole dollars on, over 5 levels? like idk, I hear Titanfall is a lot of fun. (also charity)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    You could have had 2 level 90s, instead you have one for the same price minus maybe 10 hours of game time. Tell me how that isn't inefficient...especially for the dude who did it to an 88...like wtf.
    Lets do a simple math equation.

I earn $20 an hour, $60 is 3 hours work, 10 hours of work would be $200(give or take taxes/overtime etc.)

How is this inefficient.

My Best Friend earns $87 an hour, He would pay for the boost with only 3/4 of an hour of his working day.

and saves himself 10hrs of his free time, which from knowing him means we would probably waste even more money in that spare time anyway.

How is any of this inefficiency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    I purchased a lamp shade that looked like a giant pink elephant for $50, I don't even use it anymore.
    For some reason I am okay with this.

- - - Updated - - -

I earn $20 an hour, $60 is 3 hours work, 10 hours of work would be $200(give or take taxes/overtime etc.)

How is this inefficient.

My Best Friend earns $87 an hour, He would pay for the boost with only 3/4 of an hour of his working day.

and saves himself 10hrs of his free time, which from knowing him means we would probably waste even more money in that spare time anyway.

Opportunity costs. you could have had an increasing ammount of 90's over just the one. or two 90s and a steak dinner. Literally infinite combinations.

Also, I think 85-90 takes like, a few hours tops

Quote Originally Posted by LookingGlass View Post
    Just because $60 is a lot of money to you, doesn't mean everyone feels the same way.

Just because a few days is not much time to you, doesn't mean everyone feels the same way.

Just because you feel the way you do, doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way.

/endthread
    QFT

Listen to the goblins, time is money. They go hand in hand, in other words you can save time or money it doesn't matter its only a waste of time or money if you feel it is, though you likely wouldn't do so if that were the case. To me I'd gladly take the boost to save the time, especially for professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'M NOT YOUR BUDDY GUY (I'm thinking your canadian, not sure.. in which case, you and the UK, and lots of other countries actually agrees with me, that you all don't know how to spend your money, that's why they take 60%of it, and buy what you need for you)
    60%?? haha what? I pay less than 20% tax on my earnings, and that is only once I hit a certain bracket of income.

and they take that money to give me access to Schools/Infrastructure/Free Healthcare and a pretty clean and easy way of life.

The rest of my money I get to do with what I please.

10+ Year Old Account
    60%?? haha what? I pay less than 20% tax on my earnings, and that is only once I hit a certain bracket of income.

and they take that money to give me access to Schools/Infrastructure/Free Healthcare and a pretty clean and easy way of life.

The rest of my money I get to do with what I please.
    You did slip. 20 dollars an hour isn't exactly upper middle class (maybe it is for canada, idk), I have to now wonder how you did find 60 in your budget for WoW levels.

But I really don't want to get on one person specifically, I'm looking at this more broadly.

PS. France is 60, I was guessing, and US is like 30... do canadians pay less and get free healthcare?

15+ Year Old Account

How is this inefficient.

That's great, but by leveling a toon from 85-90 you save yourself 10 hours...by leveing a toon from 1-90 you save like...let's say 80 hours minus the 10 hours it'll take you to level the other toon (if you even want to level the other toon still...it could just save you 80 hours period)...so all told you're saving 70 hours. Doesn't matter how much you make it's more efficient to boost a level 1 toon than an 85.

You did slip. 20 dollars an hour isn't exactly upper middle class (maybe it is for canada, idk), I have to now wonder how you did find 60 in your budget for WoW levels.

But I really don't want to get on one person specifically, I'm looking at this more broadly.
    You are living proof that fighting to stop Darwinism was a terrible idea. Not a single doubt in my mind exists that, if not for the protection of medical staff and park rangers, some rogue pelican would have pecked you to death and this thread would be 100% more intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the issue here is people who payed 60 dollars to boost something over the level of 84
    Is that an issue though? The person who turned his 85 into a 90 values his time more than his money, so he paid for the upgrade. I see no issue. Let him do what he wants. Who cares? Is OP jealous or something?

This is not a problem.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    You are living proof that fighting to stop Darwinism was a terrible idea. Not a single doubt in my mind exists that, if not for the protection of medical staff and park rangers, some rogue pelican would have pecked you to death and this thread would be 100% more intelligent.
    care to explain to me why? I don't see how someone can afford to spend 60 dollars to skip an hour of gametime. Explain

10+ Year Old Account
    It's entertaining watching people spend hours justifying why they care what others do with their personal incomes.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    Blizzard is just a money hungry company. They made this game more "casual" so more people would play...therefore, more money in their pocket.
    You speak as if Blizzard wasnt a business...
    Bleh

10+ Year Old Account
    What a load of bullshit. Someone like him buys that boost for the same reason that every time I'm wasted I order enough pizza to feed 5000, eat one slice and chuck the rest - because we can and fuck you lolololololol wha chu gon do. I want it, I will have it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Is that an issue though? The person who turned his 85 into a 90 values his time more than his money, so he paid for the upgrade. I see no issue. Let him do what he wants. Who cares? Is OP jealous or something?

This is not a problem.
    It comes from a need to understand why people do things, you've never judged anyone ever? You deserve sainthood. I'm not trying to bash anyone.. except maybe that one guy who keeps talking about straws.

Just trying to get my head around the fact that someone though two hours was worth 60 bucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a hyperbole. But my point is, isn't there something better to spend 60 whole dollars on, over 5 levels? like idk, I hear Titanfall is a lot of fun. (also charity)
    It doesn't matter 'cause it's not your $60 to spend. Everyone perceives value differently. A minute is worth $1 to bob, a minute is worth $5 to Jim. If their choices aren't impacting you, then they are wholly irrelevant and you shouldn't take offence.

If you do, you're a butt face.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥