Page 10 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougarkillz View Post
    (Or do you have to be in an instance for that option to show up? I've only tested the meter on dummies so far).
    You answered your own question.

@SlippyCheeze @skmzarn, i'll take a look on this lua erros asap.

I downloaded this and checked it out. I use ElvUI for my interface, so seeing that there is an "ElvUI" skin option really made this stand out.
    I like the solo thing where you have to do a certain amount of damage in a certian amount of time. That is pretty fun.
    The only thing I've noticed is that the dps over a long period of time, seems to consistently be 4-5k higher than recount.
    For example, over a 5 minute fight, with both recount and details going, recount said I was doing 183k dps, while Details said I was doing 188k dps.
    Besides that though, I like the functionality, and the customizability. The saving options and graphs are amazing, and this is overall an excellent addon.
    I had to take a LOT of work to make this, and it really shows.
    The main thing that i've noticed its missing though, is the ability to report to instance groups. (Or do you have to be in an instance for that option to show up? I've only tested the meter on dummies so far).
    Thank you for your feedback, so, this small dps difference is usually normal between damage meters, in your case probably is because Details! came with Effective time by default and Recount i guess work with Activity time (correct-me if i'm wrong). The type of time measure can be changed through option panel -> combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    Thank you for your feedback, so, this small dps difference is usually normal between damage meters, in your case probably is because Details! came with Effective time by default and Recount i guess work with Activity time (correct-me if i'm wrong). The type of time measure can be changed through option panel -> combat.
    I just ran a LFR (Gates of Retribution, good dps test in the form of the iron juggernaut).

I changed the options so both Recount and Details were measuring the effective time (if i was correct in setting the options)

I have screenshots to verify this but here are the stats after the fight with Iron Juggernaut: (R=Recount, D=Details)
    1st: Deluneth (my hunter) R=228k dps, D=225k
    2nd: Elmz (rogue) R and D were actually equal at 168k
    and after that, each damage is only a couple k apart... which isnt bad for a straight dps fight. However, I did notice that, even with the number differences, the percentage of damage done for the total group is exactly the same between recount and details.
    1st: 11.7% on both
    2nd: 8.8% on both
    etc etc

BUT...
    Then we go to nazgrim, where I think the settings might have been switched (i dont remember if i switched them or not) but... here is what the numbers look like between recount and details: R=Recount, D=Details, P=Percentage of groups total damage on both meters,
    1st: R=199k, D=195k, P=11.3%
    2nd: R=176k, D=166k, P=9.6%
    3rd: R= 160k, D=136k, P=7.9%
    4th: R=129k, D=129k, P=7.5%
    5th: R=133k, D=122k, P=7.1%
    6th: R=120k, D=98k, P=5.7%

Oh! Another thing to note here is that...Even though the dps numbers are different, the percentage of overall group damage is still equal between R and D.

I just find it odd that even if both meters show different numbers, the percentages are always equal across both meters.
    i took screenshots of 4 fights, and in all 4 the dps was different, but the percentages are the same.

Again, I might have messed with the settings on this fight but not sure, still messing around with the addon and seeing how it works and checking out all the options.

(The things I'm listing by the way, are NOT a complaint, just trying to give a bit of info that I'm seeing)

Plus... even if it isn't the setting and the numbers are off, I'm still keeping this addon because the solo damage game is fun as hell xD

@Cougarkillz, If I understood your post correctly, you are using wrong settings for Details. Recount doesn't have any "Effective time", only "Activity time". If you want Details to use the same time measure as Recount, use "Activity time" in the options and they shouldn't differ much.

Been playing with it over the last couple weeks, and noticed an odd behaviour on shamans last night:

Not sure if it's a bug or a way the combat log handles magic-specific absorbs, but monks with Glyph of Guard aren't having guards, and Ox Sanctuary appear on the healing/absorb meters. (Glyphed guard only prevents magic damage)

I just ran a LFR (Gates of Retribution, good dps test in the form of the iron juggernaut).

I changed the options so both Recount and Details were measuring the effective time (if i was correct in setting the options)

I have screenshots to verify this but here are the stats after the fight with Iron Juggernaut: (R=Recount, D=Details)
    1st: Deluneth (my hunter) R=228k dps, D=225k
    2nd: Elmz (rogue) R and D were actually equal at 168k
    and after that, each damage is only a couple k apart... which isnt bad for a straight dps fight. However, I did notice that, even with the number differences, the percentage of damage done for the total group is exactly the same between recount and details.
    1st: 11.7% on both
    2nd: 8.8% on both
    etc etc

BUT...
    Then we go to nazgrim, where I think the settings might have been switched (i dont remember if i switched them or not) but... here is what the numbers look like between recount and details: R=Recount, D=Details, P=Percentage of groups total damage on both meters,
    1st: R=199k, D=195k, P=11.3%
    2nd: R=176k, D=166k, P=9.6%
    3rd: R= 160k, D=136k, P=7.9%
    4th: R=129k, D=129k, P=7.5%
    5th: R=133k, D=122k, P=7.1%
    6th: R=120k, D=98k, P=5.7%

Oh! Another thing to note here is that...Even though the dps numbers are different, the percentage of overall group damage is still equal between R and D.

I just find it odd that even if both meters show different numbers, the percentages are always equal across both meters.
    i took screenshots of 4 fights, and in all 4 the dps was different, but the percentages are the same.

Again, I might have messed with the settings on this fight but not sure, still messing around with the addon and seeing how it works and checking out all the options.

(The things I'm listing by the way, are NOT a complaint, just trying to give a bit of info that I'm seeing)

Plus... even if it isn't the setting and the numbers are off, I'm still keeping this addon because the solo damage game is fun as hell xD
    Thank you for the feedback!
    I think the percentage in both is calculated based on the Damage Done, this could explain why is equal.
    Fix this difference between the meter is a little hard because i don't known how the other addon calculates the activity time, so this may take a little time to be fixed, also make sure that details is set to Activity Time under options panel -> Combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Been playing with it over the last couple weeks, and noticed an odd behaviour on shamans last night:

Not sure if it's a bug or a way the combat log handles magic-specific absorbs, but monks with Glyph of Guard aren't having guards, and Ox Sanctuary appear on the healing/absorb meters. (Glyphed guard only prevents magic damage)
    Few months ago, we detected a issue under a monk heal/absorb ability where the combatlog was sending the wrong player as the caster. The issue you saw could be this, to discover look into the healing spells of the others raid members, check if there is a monk spell there.

Will you be maintaining this into Warlords and beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    Will you be maintaining this into Warlords and beyond?
    I hope so, at least is the plan.
    We already have a big feature wishlist, which probably give us weekly updates for the next couple months.

I noticed that all the reports, except with Damage Done and Healing Done, ignores abbreviation settings.

Details!: Damage Taken for Garrosh Hellscream (Ef)
    1. PlayerA 11,676,814 (26.3%)
    2. PlayerB 5,643,259 (12.7%)

Quote Originally Posted by skmzarn View Post
    @Cougarkillz, If I understood your post correctly, you are using wrong settings for Details. Recount doesn't have any "Effective time", only "Activity time". If you want Details to use the same time measure as Recount, use "Activity time" in the options and they shouldn't differ much.
    Oddly enough, activity time is where all the differences occurred, just did another LFR where I used effective time instead and most of the dps output was within 1-2k.

However... it takes around 2-3 minutes for the 2 meters to balance out to that because when the opening burst happens, there is a difference of 100k dps between the two meters, which isnt all that bad, just makes bursting with both meters very strange if you are watching recount say you burst 300k and then details goes and says you are bursting 450k,

but like I said, after around 2 mins of combat, if you run it with effective time, the two meters seem to even out.

I've only tested this meter using dps from a hunters point of view. I will be using it with a shammy healer and pally tank for further testing, but so far, I love this addon.

My guild wants to download it as well because they keep seeing my guild spam from the solo damage ranks and they want to turn it into a competition xD

Is there a way to disable the hotcorner thing? I already have a databroker bar, don't need my damage meter making another one.

Last Saturday, the addon got updated, the major new feature is the comparison panel over the Player Detail Window, where spells, targets and uptimes of players with the same class and spec can be compared.

Quote Originally Posted by Doonga View Post
    Is there a way to disable the hotcorner thing? I already have a databroker bar, don't need my damage meter making another one.
    The horcorner options panel isn't finished yet, probably coming on the next update.

The horcorner options panel isn't finished yet, probably coming on the next update.
    Thanks! I'll keep an eye out.

Finally downloaded it 'cause I'm redoing my UI today. Took a while to figure out the show in combat/hide out of combat, but otherwise it's brilliant. I love that it matches ElvUI

Okay yes I am lazy and didn't wanna comb thru the 10 pages but how do you get your petdamage to be added with your damage? on the screen just shows my dps but when I go to link the damage it seperates my damage and my pets damage. Thanks!! I am loving this addon btw

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    Finally downloaded it 'cause I'm redoing my UI today. Took a while to figure out the show in combat/hide out of combat, but otherwise it's brilliant. I love that it matches ElvUI
    Cool
    Let me know if you miss any feature while customizing its appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    Okay yes I am lazy and didn't wanna comb thru the 10 pages but how do you get your petdamage to be added with your damage? on the screen just shows my dps but when I go to link the damage it seperates my damage and my pets damage. Thanks!! I am loving this addon btw
    I'm trying to reproduce this bug with my warlock character but no lucky until now.
    What class/pet and what report button are you using? If isn't ask too much, a screenshot showing the bug will be very helpful.

I love the comparison-feature in the Player Details, however, we all wants to "win" the meters and it's always positive, so when it says -(11%) it actually means that you "won" with 11% with that spell, but with red color and a (-)negative symbol it seems like it's something bad and might confuse people abit. I would suggest that you flip these over, and use
    +(11%) which would mean exactly the same as -(11%) would. And whenever you "lose" it will be -(x%).

Cool
    Let me know if you miss any feature while customizing its appearance.

I'm trying to reproduce this bug with my warlock character but no lucky until now.
    What class/pet and what report button are you using? If isn't ask too much, a screenshot showing the bug will be very helpful.
    I am an ele shaman and on the meter it has my pet damage included with me but when I link meter it shows same damage for me but then it also shows my pet as an extra dps showing what it did too. I just when I link dps to just show the party members and not all the pets I'll get a screenshot later

- - - Updated - - -

okay here is screen shot

http://imageshack.com/a/img829/3000/c6oh.jpg

notice in the chat pain it linked everything that did damage to the target but in addon it just shows me and also notice the linked damage for me is higher than the actual addon too?

how can I get it from reporting everyone and everything that did damage to the target and just me and my party only and have pets now show up in report?

Quote Originally Posted by skmzarn View Post
    I love the comparison-feature in the Player Details, however, we all wants to "win" the meters and it's always positive, so when it says -(11%) it actually means that you "won" with 11% with that spell, but with red color and a (-)negative symbol it seems like it's something bad and might confuse people abit. I would suggest that you flip these over, and use
    +(11%) which would mean exactly the same as -(11%) would. And whenever you "lose" it will be -(x%).
    Good point, let's change this in the next update and see how it does.

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    I am an ele shaman and on the meter it has my pet damage included with me but when I link meter it shows same damage for me but then it also shows my pet as an extra dps showing what it did too. I just when I link dps to just show the party members and not all the pets I'll get a screenshot later

- - - Updated - - -

okay here is screen shot

http://imageshack.com/a/img829/3000/c6oh.jpg

notice in the chat pain it linked everything that did damage to the target but in addon it just shows me and also notice the linked damage for me is higher than the actual addon too?

how can I get it from reporting everyone and everything that did damage to the target and just me and my party only and have pets now show up in report?
    Looks like a bug, when in Group & Raid mode, it shouldn't report other player nor pets.
    I'll take a look into this and also in this difference between dps shown in the window and in the chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any way to change class icons to spec icons?