Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Order View Post
    Gender can change though, sex cannot.
    Gender quite literally refers to being male or female. The word has been twisted to suit the agenda, however.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    gross.
    shouldn't be allowed to teach (thinking somoething like don't ask don't tell)
    I'm going to assume you're hardly an oil painting yourself, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Gender quite literally refers to being male or female. The word has been twisted to suit the agenda, however.
    Gender is a fucking social construct.

SEX IS BIOLOGICAL. There is no agenda you're just too paranoid about what other people do and think there is an agenda, there isn't.

No, the word has been "redefined" because like I said before, "female" and "male" are complex terms that have to be defined on various fields (psychology, biology and others) so instead of sex/gender meaning the same thing they now mean different things in order to try and represent and comprehend the complexity of such topic

Deleted
    Good for her! Hope she feels better now.

well, it's not an issue unless someone wants to make it one.

SEX IS BIOLOGICAL. There is no agenda you're just too paranoid about what other people do and think there is an agenda, there isn't.
    Oh boy, calm down. You're taking my word choice way too seriously. Gender is only a "social construct" in recent years. In the not so distant past, it was a word that was used concisely in a scientific setting. Now it can't be, and I think it's stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh boy, calm down. You're taking my word choice way too seriously. Gender is only a "social construct" in recent years. In the not so distant past, it was a word that was used concisely in a scientific setting. Now it can't be, and I think it's stupid.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Well it must suck to be you then. You can't use a word the way you want to because it doesn't mean what you think it means, I really do hope you are able to continue living even with this fact.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Kids can be extremely cruel, hope she knows what is coming to her.
    They don't really need a premise for it.

Anyway better that's aimed at the teacher than the students wouldn't you say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    No, the word has been "redefined" because like I said before, "female" and "male" are complex terms that have to be defined on various fields (psychology, biology and others) so instead of sex/gender meaning the same thing they now mean different things in order to try and represent and comprehend the complexity of such topic
    Or a new term could have been used instead of hijacking an existing prominent term, making mountains of reference material instantly irrelevant.

build pics

Gender is the range of physical, biological, mental and behavioral characteristics pertaining to, and differentiating between, masculinity and femininity.

- - - Updated - - -

You think it's stupid that a language changes in order to adapt to a societies social evolution. Ok, that says plenty about you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Once again I am reminded why I still haven't done anything for my own Gender Dysphoria... every day I have to live with the fact that I am in the wrong body. I was born 'male'. It took me YEARS to figure out what my feelings meant, why I felt my hands were too big, why I always thought that women got better clothes, why I was always envious of women who were with child.
    The bolded part makes absolutely no sense to me.

Would you not have gender dysphoria to the same degree if fashion changed to allow men to dress far more flamboyantly, or wear a skirt/dress, as they have done in the past and even still do in certain parts of the world?

Also thinking body parts are too big, or too small, seems a fairly run-of-the-mill insecurity that most people have to some degree.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -
    Words change all the time, what's the problem? You can still use sex in a concise scientific setting if that's what you want to talk about.

Well it must suck to be you then.
    Why? Because I disagree with some nominal facet of language relating to homosexuality? Get off the high horse.

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Gender is the range of physical, biological, mental and behavioral characteristics pertaining to, and differentiating between, masculinity and femininity.
    Right? That is not male and female, that is not determination of sex, that is determination of characteristics. It also not biological, again sucks to be you.

Gender and sex are synonyms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

That's fine and all, but IT is really fucking creepy. Dat trollgrin.
    Stay salty my friends.

Deleted
    Why? Because I disagree with some nominal facet of language relating to homosexuality? Get off the high horse.
    It relates to homosexuality? Who's the one with the agenda?

Nowhere in this thread has anyone related anything to homosexuality.

Boy, it really does suck to be you if you are wrong this often.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    This is the part I don't get. I say I'm male because I have a penis. There's no waking up and going, "It sure is great to be male in this male body," or any sort of feeling of maleness. It's literally a description of my genitalia and nothing more. Behaviors, likes, dislikes, and whatever else are just expressions of the individual that is me, not an extension of the genitalia I possess. Cordoning off certain behaviors or whatever as some sort of description of something other than personality or as indicative of something more just seems incomprehensible.
    That's just it, I don't. I wake up, and see my huge hands and body, and feel nothing but disgust over them. I guess a better question is "Are you happy you're a man?"