Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Now adjust that for income.
    I like how he even added "ebonics" for the real icing on his thin veiled racism cake.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadil View Post
    I find this thread hilarious.

A few days ago there was a thread about a UK teen arrested for racist tweets and a lot of people were saying how the UK has no freedom of speech but American does. Saying how in American you can say anything you like and get away with it and people don't even have the right to be offended but here we are now that someone has dared to use that freedom of speech and it sure seems like a lot of people are offended.

Can't have it both ways.
    Just because we think someone has the right to say something doesn't mean we agree with it, and just because we're expressing disapproval doesn't mean we think they should be silenced.

Reading more of the article, this bitch is seriously testing my egalitarianism. Azazel just needs to stfu.
    Last edited by Beery Swine; 2015-03-20 at 01:08 AM.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awarewolf View Post
    I never even heard of an Azealia Banks before.
    Me either, she sounds dumb...she just trying to get attention if we ignore her she will creep back into her troll hole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beery Swine View Post
    Just because we think someone has the right to say something doesn't mean we agree with it, and just because we're expressing disapproval doesn't mean we think they should be silenced.
    All I'm saying is that in the other thread some people claimed no one has the right to be offended but it sure seems like we have a lot of offended people right here.
    Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.

15+ Year Old Account

A few days ago there was a thread about a UK teen arrested for racist tweets and a lot of people were saying how the UK has no freedom of speech but American does. Saying how in American you can say anything you like and get away with it and people don't even have the right to be offended but here we are now that someone has dared to use that freedom of speech and it sure seems like a lot of people are offended.

Can't have it both ways.
    I haven't read the whole thread, but i'm pretty sure there's not been anyone asking for her to be thrown in jail.

Social consequences are expected and accepted, what people took issue with in the UK case was the legal consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Hmm yet these calls for heads when other celebrities say racist things just don't seem to happen. Whatever race they may be.

I mean look at Paris Hilton, she has said a lot of racist and some homophobic things (despite gays being part of her "fans")
    If you care what celebrities say then you're part of the problem.

All I'm saying is that in the other thread some people claimed no one has the right to be offended but it sure seems like we have a lot of offended people right here.
    and........?

you might need to clarify what you mean cause it seems you're making some blanket statements about large groups of people (numbering over 10's of millions easily) based on seeing like... 50 maybe? post in a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread, but i'm pretty sure there's not been anyone asking for her to be thrown in jail.

Social consequences are expected and accepted, what people took issue with in the UK case was the legal consequences.
    Yeah so far no one has asked for her to be arrested, only "the world would be better off if she was dead" seems like maybe she touched a nerve or two.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    If you care what celebrities say then you're part of the problem.
    I really don't, I never know half the stupid things celebrities say unless it makes the news. Or someone mentions it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    and........?

you might need to clarify what you mean cause it seems you're making some blanket statements about large groups of people (numbering over 10's of millions easily) based on seeing like... 50 maybe? post in a thread?
    10s of millions? He mentioned a thread... unless that thread is like the most popular thread in the world....

Can't have it both ways.
    I don't see it as people getting offended, just more of "If you hate it that much, leave". Like seriously, if she's really all that and a bag of potato chips like she's making it sound, she should have enough money to move whenever she wants. Otherwise it just seems like saying something for attention.

Which I guess it worked, because I've never heard of her until now.

10+ Year Old Account
    and........?

Blanket statements? Where? (How did you jump to 10's of millions?) There's enough in the 50 maybe for it to be counted as a lot surely?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't see it as people getting offended, just more of "If you hate it that much, leave". Like seriously, if she's really all that and a bag of potato chips like she's making it sound, she should have enough money to move whenever she wants. Otherwise it just seems like saying something for attention.

Which I guess it worked, because I've never heard of her until now.
    Yeah people calling her stupid, fat, bitch, racist, whore etc aren't offended in the least. I do agree with you though that she's probably attention seeking, I'm just pointing out the irony.

10s of millions? He mentioned a thread... unless that thread is like the most popular thread in the world....
    no it seemed they were using threads as indicators of how people thought in America

Yeah people calling her stupid, fat, bitch, racist, whore etc aren't offended in the least. I do agree with you though that she's probably attention seeking, I'm just pointing out the irony.
    Eh, I guess I missed that, but even then I don't view it as people disagreeing with freedom of speech, it's not like her having the right to say that doesn't mean people can't get offended.

That being said, I do have to laugh at most of what she's saying...

I mean, it's not like there's special classes to teach Irish people how they got here...or any ancestral grounds really. And while I do get that slaves had it really hard, seriously saying people nowadays deserve credit for that would be like saying I deserve credit for Christopher Columbus finding America to me. It's just...weird.

Also that highest rated comment made me laugh although I probably shouldn't of.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2015-03-20 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    no it seemed they were using threads as indicators of how people thought in America
    Here, have a read of this http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...+teen+arrested and you will see what I meant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Eh, I guess I missed that, but even then I don't view it as people disagreeing with freedom of speech, it's not like her having the right to say that doesn't mean people can't get offended.
    I agree. I'm just saying that in the other thread people were complaining about other people being offended yet here they are seemingly offended themselves.

10+ Year Old Account

Can't have it both ways.
    Key difference

someone was not arrested here

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Key difference

someone was not arrested here
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.

Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.

The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

10+ Year Old Account
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.

Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.

The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."
    And thats a whole different problem. Its not a freedom of speech issue. A freedom of speech issue would be government censorship.....

She can be as racist as she want's, this is America. GL getting white record label owners to sell your shit though, not to mention all the white people who buy music.

Why do we care what that ignorant and racist bitch says?

Are they actually the same posters?