Page 39 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think the mastery value discussion might just re-opened.

Spirit Shell has been removed.

Deleted
    there were some really harsh changes in the latest notes. Mana Tide gone, instead we're about to spam and weave lightning bolts oh the joy. Earthquake gone, not that it'll be missed.

Deleted
    No lightning bolt weaving, either. TC got scrapped as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked going through that "x has been removed" list. Made me imagine how many keybinds will be free all of a sudden. I was even saying to my guildies that I could be using my old 5-button-mouse again if I wanted to! (But I'm sure I'll find some new and nifty macros to bind instead )

I'm happy that Mana Tide Totem is gone. Really. That thing has been bugging me ever since it was the only thing that gave you a spot in a 25-man raid back in Cata.
    I like that Earth Shock and Chain Lightning will be gone from my bars - yes, I had them there because I actually used them occasionally O_o
    I like to not have to monitor my weapon enchant and my water shield anymore and to not have to recast it practically first thing after ankhing/rezzing. Monitoring my Earth Shield is fully sufficient.

I love the thought of having tidy bars that aren't cluttered with situational crap that I'm using once every blue moon, just because it's there, not because it's particularly important and/or life-saving.

And Celestalon just tweeted that they are putting Water Shield back in, apparently because of complaining from people like Olivia Grace. I just don't get it, the spell has no gameplay associated with it, they can return the iconic graphical effect through a minor glyph. There are far far more important issues to solve with the spec, like the mastery design and what to do with our toolkit without smart smart heals to waste all of the developer attention on something so trivial.

I'm kinda left wondering because of the posts comments about strongest throughput stat for resto shamans if they don't think that for live as well, given how they itemized shaman tier.

And utter stupidity to keep water shield in, it adds nothing to gameplay. If worried about the pvp aspect with earth shield, just have earth shield cast on self have a regen penalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    And Celestalon just tweeted that they are putting Water Shield back in, apparently because of complaining from people like Olivia Grace. I just don't get it, the spell has no gameplay associated with it, they can return the iconic graphical effect through a minor glyph. There are far far more important issues to solve with the spec, like the mastery design and what to do with our toolkit without smart smart heals to waste all of the developer attention on something so trivial.
    They should just put Water Shield in the General section of the spellbook so you can switch on the visual if you want.

Seriously, it was about the same thing when we said that we'd be missing the square of totems around us when they made them situational and no longer had us put down a selection of 4 totems. Glyph of Totemic Encirclement added and everyone was happy. And in PvP it even served the purpose of distracting people somewhat.

Make shields cosmetic. Done. Move to the important things now, Blizz. Like removing that stupid mastery attunement. Give us a crit attunement or scrap that attunement crap before you've wasted too much time on it. Focus on our mechanics and make sure that we're as functional as every other healer when it comes to encounter design. Don't make a single shaman wish they had rerolled druid or priest for once in 6 years. Thanks. <3

-Water Shield now persists through death.

Now if they would just make it last forever as well.

I don't like losing ES and CL as Resto, removing passives that do nothing is fine but literally use ES every single game as resto vs physical dps for weakened blows.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    my question is why they say mana is adjusted for resto but others get a % of mana ..i think its becos they hawe not figuerd it out ?

Basically what they mean is having water shield and mana tide meant that shamans spells cost more(or shaman base regen was lower) with respect to other healers. Removing the two abilities means making there be no such difference.

Deleted
    Is it me or has active mana regeneration or any other kind just been scrapped completely across all classes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I don't like losing ES and CL as Resto, removing passives that do nothing is fine but literally use ES every single game as resto vs physical dps for weakened blows.
    Weakened Blows and other physical damage reductions were removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tant08an View Post
    my question is why they say mana is adjusted for resto but others get a % of mana ..i think its becos they hawe not figuerd it out ?
    Mana regeneration was either increased baseline, or mana costs were reduced accordingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puhree View Post
    Is it me or has active mana regeneration or any other kind just been scrapped completely across all classes?
    Most likely (thankfully).

Quote Originally Posted by Puhree View Post
    The Priest L45 talent tier still exists and Mana Tea still exists. Everything else seems to be removed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    It takes probably a grand total of 5 minutes tops to revert the water shield change, it would take a lot more time to re-balance the spec for the mana regen they were already planning around keeping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It takes probably a grand total of 5 minutes tops to revert the water shield change, it would take a lot more time to re-balance the spec for the mana regen they were already planning around keeping.
    It's just as easy as tuning our base mana regeneration, no? That's effectively all Water Shield is. I'm still opposed to the reversion; I'd rather have it removed and to have a minor glyph instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    It's just as easy as tuning our base mana regeneration, no? That's effectively all Water Shield is. I'm still opposed to the reversion; I'd rather have it removed and to have a minor glyph instead.
    I'm not going to claim it takes a huge amount of work to retune, but as far as I know, the patch notes are the upcoming ones correct? Not in game yet? So they would still have to retune the mana cost of heals, retune the regen of mana, remove the coding for water shield, make sure resurgence is working correctly without a shield, and probably other things, yet "re-adding" water shield just takes deleting a line of patch notes.

Unless I'm mistaken and Alpha patch notes work like hotfixes, and not like live where everything comes in builds, which I was doubting because they don't seem to have any mana cost re-adjustments really with water shields removal.

I wish WS stayed dead, they can add a neat glpyh like Tree form for druids if people want it.
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually really enjoy casting lightning bolts during free globals (along with lava bursts), and ever since Wrath have enjoyed the active mana regen aspect... so I hope they're not scrapping that entirely. To me, it's pretty fun gameplay, as long as our mana regen isn't balanced around assuming free globals for dps. I just like feeling like I'm taking a smart, active role in my mana regen, as opposed to just standing around not casting to regen mana. Reminds me too much of the 5 sec rule from vanilla, haha.

Though, LBs will be more of a pain to cast now that we have to be stationary to cast them again... alas.
    I heal, therefore I am. Something like that, anyway...

Kayni - Draenei Resto / Enh Shaman (Whisperwind)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm not going to claim it takes a huge amount of work to retune, but as far as I know, the patch notes are the upcoming ones correct? Not in game yet? So they would still have to retune the mana cost of heals, retune the regen of mana, remove the coding for water shield, make sure resurgence is working correctly without a shield, and probably other things, yet "re-adding" water shield just takes deleting a line of patch notes.

Unless I'm mistaken and Alpha patch notes work like hotfixes, and not like live where everything comes in builds, which I was doubting because they don't seem to have any mana cost re-adjustments really with water shields removal.
    You don't have to remove Water Shield at all really, if you've used the Warcraft III, or Starcraft II Editor's then adding, changing and removing an ability is somewhat similar to that. I already know they use a World Editor, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to assume that they also have an internal program that helps with these things as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xpolockx View Post
    I actually really enjoy casting lightning bolts during free globals (along with lava bursts), and ever since Wrath have enjoyed the active mana regen aspect... so I hope they're not scrapping that entirely. To me, it's pretty fun gameplay, as long as our mana regen isn't balanced around assuming free globals for dps. I just like feeling like I'm taking a smart, active role in my mana regen, as opposed to just standing around not casting to regen mana. Reminds me too much of the 5 sec rule from vanilla, haha.

Though, LBs will be more of a pain to cast now that we have to be stationary to cast them again... alas.
    Really? I refuse to cast Lightning Bolt so long as it stays at a 2.5 second cast time with its lackluster damage. No other healer really has to do that with their 1.5 second cast times. It's noticeably irritating because it feels like you're putting in too much effort for not much return.