Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    The welfare state has done to black Americans what slavery couldn't do, what Jim Crow couldn't do, what the harshest racism couldn't do. And that is to destroy the black family.” - Walter E. Williams.

"The black family, which had survived centuries of slavery and discrimination, began rapidly disintegrating in the liberal welfare state that subsidized unwed pregnancy and changed welfare from an emergency rescue to a way of life.” - Thomas Sowell.

Two black conservative economists.
    Surprise surprise Nostop It posts some useless bullshit quotes that mean nothing. We aren't talking about those 2 douchebags that know nothing we are talking about Cliven Bundy and all of the Republican pundits and elected officials ran scared. And now you have a video that means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's not about the comparison of past values. It's about suggesting people were actually better off under slavery because he has some fantasy based construction of what slavery was and the effect it had. He didn't even put the slightest bit of effort into making sure his position was even remotely intelligent before shouting off something ridiculously offensive and discriminatory.
    What standards of intelligence are you applying here? Hes a rancher from Nevada, and hes from an era well before mine. Im pretty sure he could teach you or me lots of things when it come to intelligently raising a large herd of cattle. Why exactly do you hold him to some sort of level of intelligence based on speech? that is rather Elitist of you.

The welfare state has done to black Americans what slavery couldn't do, what Jim Crow couldn't do, what the harshest racism couldn't do. And that is to destroy the black family.” - Walter E. Williams.
    Williams also argues that because the government takes the role of father away from black men, due to welfare it makes them disposable. He also argues that Welfare was never set up to see a non white person as an actual person either.

I understand you want to argue/get people to admit/play the passive aggressive race game. I get you want to be racist and pat yourself on the back because you are so clever and get away with it. I get that. Thing is, It really does not matter. It's the internet. For everything you are so damned sure supports your game, there are just as many that say the opposite.

who really cares about race and welfare?
    Welfare is welfare, no matter who uses it.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2014-04-26 at 02:06 AM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    fruit from a poisoned tree.

let's look at something that is more relate-able, for instance being in jail for life. Certainly there are merits to always having some where to sleep, have food everyday, a structured life, and plenty of free-time to pursue both educational as well as physical fitness goals. There are plenty of positives about being locked up for life especially if you consider how out of shape, over-worked, and stressed people are outside of jail.
    so if he compared jail time to welfare you would be fine with his words, but because he was trying to compare slavery you label him a racist. I disagree, he seems to be more concerned with the way one lives then the color of their skin.

"Don’t tell me they don’t work, and don’t tell me they don’t pay taxes. And don’t tell me they don’t have better family structures than most of us white people. When you see those Mexican families, they’re together, they picnic together, they’re spending their time together, and I’ll tell you in my way of thinking they’re awful nice people. And we need to have those people join us and be with us not, not come to our party."

This is not the mind of a person who cares of skin color. These are the words of a man who values those who work hard and care for their families.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    so if he compared jail time to welfare you would be fine with his words, but because he was trying to compare slavery you label him a racist. I disagree, he seems to be more concerned with the way one lives then the color of their skin.

"Don’t tell me they don’t work, and don’t tell me they don’t pay taxes. And don’t tell me they don’t have better family structures than most of us white people. When you see those Mexican families, they’re together, they picnic together, they’re spending their time together, and I’ll tell you in my way of thinking they’re awful nice people. And we need to have those people join us and be with us not, not come to our party."

This is not the mind of a person who cares of skin color. These are the words of a man who values those who work hard and care for their families.
    i never called him a racist.

what i was pointing out to you is that if someone said those things about being in jail you wouldn't worry about discussing them because they lack an understanding about the finer points of living.

At least we are not apologizing for him because he is an old school ( before non whites where human or whatever racial drama they had) Mormon.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    And are we really going to split hairs that they were willing to start shooting, use women as human shields, and them blame the feds for their literally terrorist actions?
    That's fucked up actually.
    Putin khuliyo

I'm not sure I see a connection between knowing how to be a rancher and making incredibly dumb statements about groups of people based on profound ignorance. Are you saying it's OK to make racist remarks if you're an old country bumpkin? At any rate, it's an example of knowledge, not intelligence.
    what makes it ok to use the term old country bumpkin for him? have you gotten his consent? are you prejudiced against "old country bumpkins" that you need to control what they say? lol i mean this is where we are going with this you cant say that because race.

Ive admitted in this very thread he is crass, but that's how they were when he was young, whats that wonderful word you all use...socioeconomic? well i think it fits here.

- - - Updated - - -

i never called him a racist.

what i was pointing out to you is that if someone said those things about being in jail you wouldn't worry about discussing them because they lack an understanding about the finer points of living.
    i think there are merits to the structured life found in prison. I would how ever question other aspect of prison life, just as i would if we had this discussion on slavery. Again i'm objecting to this complete rejection of possible discussion.

what makes it ok to use the term old country bumpkin for him? have you gotten his consent? are you prejudiced against "old country bumpkins" that you need to control what they say? lol i mean this is where we are going with this you cant say that because race.

Ive admitted in this very thread he is crass, but that's how they were when he was young, whats that wonderful word you all use...socioeconomic? well i think it fits here.
    i think you went off the rails.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Williams also argues that because the government takes the role of father away from black men, due to welfare it makes them disposable. He also argues that Welfare was never set up to see a non white person as an actual person either.

I understand you want to argue/get people to admit/play the passive aggressive race game. I get you want to be racist and pat yourself on the back because you are so clever and get away with it. I get that. Thing is, It really does not matter. It's the internet. For everything you are so damned sure supports your game, there are just as many that say the opposite.

who really cares about race and welfare?
    Welfare is welfare, no matter who uses it.
    You need to step up your game if you're gonna come at me bro. Good thing it's only the internet.

You need to step up your game if you're gonna come at me bro. Good thing it's only the internet.
    Sorry but you lost the minute you started typing.

i think there are merits to the structured life found in prison. I would how ever question other aspect of prison life, just as i would if we had this discussion on slavery. Again i'm objecting to this complete rejection of possible discussion.
    your life might be better if you were thrown in jail.

Having an excuse for racism doesn't stop it from being racism.
    You really think this guy cares about color of skin when he says in the same interview he thinks whites could learn from illegal Mexican immigrants on how to work hard and how to raise a family? no what you have a problem with is that he used the term negro and talks like his 60 years old white guy from the sticks.

Okay sure, welfare is worse than slavery.

I see this thread continues to fire on all cylinders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

your life might be better if you were thrown in jail.
    Right lets just throw people with differing opinions in jail, that's the Democratic way to solve discourse.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a problem with the incredible amount of ignorance and stupidity required to suggest someone is actually better off as property.
    great, then call him an asshole. Not a racist.

Why? I don't want to have an argument where you use it to just pat yourself on the back for skirting the site rules, you know because you are oh so clever.
    I totally am not into jerking strangers off.

Right lets just throw people with differing opinions in jail, that's the Democratic way to solve discourse.

- - - Updated - - -

He is a racist. "The negro". Need I say more? Why specify about black people if he wanted to talk about the welfare state? There are plenty of white people in trailer parks.

You really think this guy cares about color of skin when he says in the same interview he thinks whites could learn from illegal Mexican immigrants on how to work hard and how to raise a family? no what you have a problem with is that he used the term negro and talks like his 60 years old white guy from the sticks.
    i don't think cliven bundy is a good person by any stretch of the imagination, him spouting off some racist comments doesn't condemn him to being a bad person, it just adds more fuel to the fire.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    He's the guy who owes $1MM plus in fees to the government. That should be a jail-able offense.

He is a racist. Also an asshole. Those two usually go hand in hand.

i think we can talk about it without you being offended.