Poll: Have you ever been in a IRL 1v1 fight?

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    NWhat the hell did I just read...basically every choice you make no matter how little can lead you on an entire different path, what does the fight have to do with it. :P
    You can't question Q! His wisdom is infinite!

But really, the point was that since he didn't fight to protect his fellow man, it was a pivotal time which turned him in to a big softy who never took chances, stick up for himself and others, or made a name for himself which is why he became Science officer #15425-b who was stuck doing mundane, boring shit in a lab.

You know, existential crisis or something of the sort.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2014-05-18 at 09:54 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    not even virtual?
    in this case : YES

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    This made me wonder how I'd react if anyone tried to start a fight with me now @ 21 as I don't know how to fight.
    Im 28 and I've never been in a fight.
    I don't plan to be in one either, if it comes down to it I just turn around, walk away and let the other have his victory.

I solve my conflicts by using words.

Disclaimer: I'm talking about simple conflicts here, not life and death situations. I honestly don't know what I would do in one of those.
    I would probably comply or try to run away, since I neither have the knowledge nor the physical condition to win any kind of fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I don't plan to be in one either, if it comes down to it I just turn around, walk away and let the other have his victory.

I solve my conflicts by using words.

Disclaimer: I'm talking about simple conflicts here, not life and death situations. I honestly don't know what I would do in one of those.
    I would probably comply or try to run away, since I neither have the knowledge nor the physical condition to win any kind of fight.
    Honestly, walking away will end with a brick or bottle in the back of your head in many cases. If you are going to turn your back, make sure you run like hell.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is worth learning how to fight, on some level, so you can defend yourself if ever you are in a position where you are forced to do so. This is not a male thing, this is something that any person should have at least a basic understanding of.

That being said, a life where you never have to put any of those skills into practice is something to be proud of, not ashamed of. Fighting is a bad thing. Most of the time it's a very bad thing. You learn how to do it because sometimes (rarely) the alternative is even worse, and in a situation where that comes up you don't really have time to figure it out on the fly. But it's much like first aid training, where it's great to know how, and best to never need it.

If I decide that I don't like your face and that I'd prefer to fix it manually, turning your back on me isn't necessarily a smart decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    This is what I was getting at and essentially I don't know how to fight let alone land a punch. I'm totally hopeless.
    take some fighting classes and pick a fight with someone and win then feel happy about yourself forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSX0PCQXiO4

learn from this video.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    If I decide that I don't like your face and that I'd prefer to fix it manually, turning your back on me isn't necessarily a smart decision.

Deleted

I solve my conflicts by using words..
    you got it all wrong.
    you should use WORD ( the holy WORD ) not words asdf.
    this may end up in some fighting, though you usually should let yourself hit (not easy getting used to this).
    letting yourself hit also includes hit by words and dont hit back with words... no rule without exceptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a person really wants to beat me up, there is nothing I can do to prevent it.
    That's one of the reasons why I avoid unnecessary interactions with humans. Esp in surroundings that dampen their moral inhibitions (a.k.a. parties + intoxication etc).

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472
    Honestly, walking away will end with a brick or bottle in the back of your head in many cases. If you are going to turn your back, make sure you run like hell.
    Since I'm asthmatic, I'll likely only get 25m before I have to sit down anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    I'm not sure refreshing in the middle of a fight will help.
    You win the internets xD

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verr View Post
    you got it all wrong.
    you should use WORD ( the holy WORD ) not words asdf.
    this may end up in some fighting, though you usually should let yourself hit (not easy getting used to this).
    letting yourself hit also includes hit by words and dont hit back with words... no rule without exceptions.
    Holy Word Evocation [Good, Sonic]
    Level: Clr 7, Good 7
    Components: V
    Casting time: 1 standard action
    Range: 40 ft.
    Area: Nongood creatures in a 40-ft.-radius spread centered on you
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: None or Will negates; see text
    Spell Resistance: Yes

Any nongood creature within the area that hears the holy word suffers the following ill effects.
    HD Effect
    Equal to caster level Deafened
    Up to caster level –1 Blinded, deafened
    Up to caster level –5 Paralyzed, blinded, deafened
    Up to caster level –10 Killed, paralyzed, blinded, deafened

The effects are cumulative and concurrent. No saving throw is allowed against these effects.

Deafened: The creature is deafened for 1d4 rounds.

Blinded: The creature is blinded for 2d4 rounds.

Paralyzed: The creature is paralyzed and helpless for 1d10 minutes.

Killed: Living creatures die. Undead creatures are destroyed.

Furthermore, if you are on your home plane when you cast this spell, nongood extraplanar creatures within the area are instantly banished back to their home planes. Creatures so banished cannot return for at least 24 hours. This effect takes place regardless of whether the creatures hear the holy word. The banishment effect allows a Will save (at a –4 penalty) to negate.

Creatures whose HD exceed your caster level are unaffected by holy word.

I can see how this would be useful in a fight, yes...

Deleted
    If a person really wants to beat me up, there is nothing I can do to prevent it.
    That's one of the reasons why I avoid unnecessary interactions with humans. Esp in surroundings that dampen their moral inhibitions (a.k.a. parties + intoxication etc).

25m is more than some are prepared to chase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    25m is more than some are prepared to chase.
    Heheh, I'll remember that.

I'm jus' saying keep the other guy in mind. If he sees an opening, he'll likely go for it. Keep an eye on your would-be assailant while making your way to safety, don't let them close enough to grab you, maintain a defensive posture, and be prepared to run.

This poll escalates rather quickly
    "Today and forever I am your better, Arthas." - Illidan Stormrage

Deleted
    That has to be some serious asthma... As long as I'm taking my pulmicort(& bricanyl when needed) I have close to no problems with mine. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    That has to be some serious asthma... As long as I'm taking my pulmicort(& bricanyl when needed) I have close to no problems with mine. :|
    Asthma coupled with an intense distaste for any kind of sport. So yes it is rather noticeable.
    If I were to engage in sports I'd probably have to up the dosage of my medication.

3 Types of People:

Those that have never been in a fight.
    Those that have only fought to Defend themselves.
    Idiots that actually start the fights.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    What a joke, this is why I hate McDojo's.
    LOL. Considering from 4 years old I was raised to be perfect at the martial arts style I took there was no McDojo. Just the hours of being pushed to be perfect. I spent probably just as much on Karate from that age as much as I spent on school work. So you can QQ all you want and try and make it seem insignificant but I was one of the only ones ever in the style to get a black belt at the age I was.

Deleted
    I'm jus' saying keep the other guy in mind. If he sees an opening, he'll likely go for it. Keep an eye on your would-be assailant while making your way to safety, don't let them close enough to grab you, maintain a defensive posture, and be prepared to run.
    I have a 1.5 inch scar on the back of my head when I tried to walk away from a fight (I was 18), fucker hit me with a brick. I remember feeling a bang, things went white for a few seconds, I fought this guy for a short while, he scarpered with his mates and I went to walk home. Next thing I remember is a paramedic slapping my face telling me I had to go to hospital, fuck ever walking away ever again. You run or fight, never walk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riaya View Post
    LOL. Considering from 4 years old I was raised to be perfect at the martial arts style I took there was no McDojo. Just the hours of being pushed to be perfect. I spent probably just as much on Karate from that age as much as I spent on school work. So you can QQ all you want and try and make it seem insignificant but I was one of the only ones ever in the style to get a black belt at the age I was.
    I once walked out of a club when they made me spar with one of their 13 year old black belts, I was scared to hit him. If you get your black belt before your first pube then maybe your club was not all that great.