Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Any hype for Dark Souls 2?

Contemplating buying this when it comes out in 2 days. Anything I should check out to get hyped up for it? I haven't played DS1, but I saw a few things and want to give it a try.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    Contemplating buying this when it comes out in 2 days. Anything I should check out to get hyped up for it? I haven't played DS1, but I saw a few things and want to give it a try.
    Check out gameplay videos from the console version, which has been out for a while, then imagine it with better graphics /drool

15+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty terrible at the first Dark Souls, as well as Demon's Souls, but my brother is really good at Dark Souls 1 and has significant hours logged, and I enjoyed playing with him. In Dark Souls 1, joining with specific friends was a huge hassle... my first night installing, we went through about 6 hours trying to connect to each other (he being in CA and I being in Boston).

That was really my only complaint with the first Dark Souls, and from what I read a few months ago, they had made the connecting with friends feature much more efficient in DS2.

Any way, if you're really interested in the game and on the fence about spending $50, here's a 25% off code from Greenmangaming.com:
    J4XXU2-JTFTLL-8ENDXZ

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    Getting it for PC? The first one had a terrible PC port and it just wasn't viable to play with with keyboard and mouse, if you had a 360 controller for PC then it was ok but it was still playing in 30 fps and 720p if you didn't mod it, don't expect anything better from this developer before they have proven that it is sorted. Don't buy it before you see a proper review of it. I would recommend TotalBiscuit, The Cynical Brit on youtube, he should be posting a review within a day of the release of the game and he always brings up good points such as porting, performance and game mechanics.

Just be careful and don't waste your money on a broken product, that's all.

The first game was a bad port yes, but I found the game enjoyable nonetheless once I got used to it.

I am hyped, but I will make sure to read reviews this time around even though I enjoyed the first title.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marquize View Post
    don't expect anything better from this developer before they have proven that it is sorted.
    Here's a Review of the Port from Durante (creator of the Dark Souls 1 graphic mod DsFix)
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/17/da...antes-verdict/

tl;dr conclusion:
    "With Dark Souls 2, From Software and Namco Bandai deliver a PC version of their game which not only fulfills all the standard expectations in terms of resolution and framerate support, but also adds additional options beyond that. Crucially, they have included high-resolution texture assets which generally fit even the expectations of gamers who play beyond 1080p.

One might also claim that, even if they never acknowledged the modding of their first port, they did certainly learn from it. Whether it is large changes like the inclusion of ambient occlusion, higher resolution textures and good mouse controls, or smaller but equally useful additions such as the ability to turn off the UI or skip the introduction logos, there is a lot in Dark Souls 2 at launch which modders only added to the PC port of the first game over time."

Here's a video of him playing it at 1080p-60fps:
    http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_da...-31943_en.html

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, by all accounts the Dark Souls 2 PC version is a far better effort on their part than the first game was. Of course, looking around for videos and reviews is always a good idea, but when even the guy who fixed DS1's PC version says DS2's PC version is good, it seems they're on the right track this time.

Deleted
    Gotta wait for someone to put a video up on how it runs on PC, because Dark Soul 1 ran like a limp horse up a stony hill...

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Souls was simply ported to work on PC, it wasn't developer for it like Dark Souls 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Gotta wait for someone to put a video up on how it runs on PC, because Dark Soul 1 ran like a limp horse up a stony hill...
    This isn't really a defense, but with fan made mods it ended up controlling just as well and looking much more beautiful than the console versions. At the very least I expect the community to fix it if they fuck it up again.

Getting it for PC? The first one had a terrible PC port and it just wasn't viable to play with with keyboard and mouse, if you had a 360 controller for PC then it was ok but it was still playing in 30 fps and 720p if you didn't mod it, don't expect anything better from this developer before they have proven that it is sorted. Don't buy it before you see a proper review of it. I would recommend TotalBiscuit, The Cynical Brit on youtube, he should be posting a review within a day of the release of the game and he always brings up good points such as porting, performance and game mechanics.

TB is a tool...
    OP if you buy, buy for console they are such beautiful games enjoyed both my purchases dark/demon. When I do buy a ps4 this will be the first title I get.
    Both games at launch were extremely fun. From all the vids ive seen im expecting the same games as before. Hard new enemies new environments = i don't need a review to tell me if im going to enjoy it or not...
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    OP if you buy, buy for console they are such beautiful games enjoyed both my purchases dark/demon.
    Lol, what?

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    When I do buy a ps4 this will be the first title I get.
    It's not even available for the PS4 (or XB1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritalian View Post
    Lol, what?
    My thoughts exactly. Just being without DSfix and DSCfix would drive me insane.

Also, you can get the digital version for 20% off on Greenmangaming using the OFU76E-1C6RHK-OX6OMC voucher code if the previous ones expire.

To be fair, it was pretty broken out of the box, but there is a small fix that fixes the graphics, and I used a ps3 controller with zero problems. Once you run the patch and plug in a controller it plays and looks perfect.

Dark Souls 2 is 100% modern and adequate on PC. It's completely fine.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1253844 there's a thread about it if you want to discuss it, we did that like 1 month ago when it released on consoles.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    To show you what you can potentially do to Dark Souls II on PC, I present to you beautiful Dark Souls screenshots. Sorry for big images. Don't care, beautiful.

im hyped im ready for ds2
    Spec: i5 4670k - MSI Z87M-G43 - HyperX 8GB -Corsair H100 - GTX 980 ti

Chelly
    If anyone is interested in some negative opinions on this game (like the different design choices compared to previous titles, or what you're getting into) this is a pretty good video:

The critique lowered the hype I had for this game, but I'm sure it's going to be entertaining enough. Some of the improvements sound really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Esdese View Post
    If anyone is interested in some negative opinions on this game (like the different design choices compared to previous titles, or what you're getting into) this is a pretty good video:

The critique lowered the hype I had for this game, but I'm sure it's going to be entertaining enough. Some of the improvements sound really good.
    The critiques are also really subjective.