10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    It's just... crazy. I still can't believe they were able to pressure the mmo-champion mods to change the post title.
    Nah, no one asked me to. Or any of us mods for that matter. I mean I personally think it's a scam. However I wanted to take my personal opinion out of it and, by updating the OP and changing the title, give people a fair shot at making their own judgments.

I mean we won't be deleting or editing any posts It's just a title change and an update to the OP (when I can get around to it).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry that the title change riled people up. That was definitely not my intention. If you have any concerns about this, please contact another moderator of this forum or a super mod. Heck, please feel free to PM me if you have suggestions or concerns. Let's keep the discussion, however, on the project.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is the collection of evidence going?
    I also got some good news. Some of the *fans* posted some nasty comments on the youtube video... wich got deleted of cose .
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I also got some good news. Some of the *fans* posted some nasty comments on the youtube video... wich got deleted of cose .
    Out of curiosity, did you save any for posterity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunaka View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you save any for posterity?
    Eh...they werent worth saving.
    One said: IDIOT!!!!

Hey gaiz! They are having the 2 year anniversary sale! You know for 2 years of NOT having a game! Oh Em Gee! They are selling a Lifetime Subscription to the game for only 250 bux! You know to not play that game because it does not exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    250 bucks is a steal. I paid more than that by huge margins for WoW services. Better get on that.

Ahh and don't forget the crazy quotes from people on their site when that sale was announced "Woooo life time subscripts! Just what I was hoping for its like Christmas :') and my blue kindrake wooo ! And oooo breath weapon effects sign me up another 500+$ from me x) hahaha"
    Yeahhhhhhhhno

10+ Year Old Account
    If there was a game, or it would be any good, I could possibly justify a lifetime sub. Too bad neither apply.

Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post
    Nah, no one asked me to. Or any of us mods for that matter. I mean I personally think it's a scam. However I wanted to take my personal opinion out of it and, by updating the OP and changing the title, give people a fair shot at making their own judgments.

I mean we won't be deleting or editing any posts It's just a title change and an update to the OP (when I can get around to it).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry that the title change riled people up. That was definitely not my intention. If you have any concerns about this, please contact another moderator of this forum or a super mod. Heck, please feel free to PM me if you have suggestions or concerns. Let's keep the discussion, however, on the project.
    Wow. I'm not sure if changing the thread title will affect the google search rating (i.e. this thread beaing #2), but if so, that was a very irresponsible thing to do. Did you just decide to rename it on your own, or did you consult it with Boub/other admins? Seems like a pretty bold move and not a decision to be taken as lightly as you seem to have done. Very disappointed in this site. tbh.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    250 bucks is a steal. I paid more than that by huge margins for WoW services. Better get on that.
    Its not a steal. Is a pretty good deal. If you are forest gump thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thread is 4th on google search now. It's fine. Funny story, it still show the old title on google search.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not a steal. Is a pretty good deal. If you are forest gump thats it.
    Nah, man. I'd be subbed to the game forever anyway, so getting a lifetime sub for such a low amount is amazazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Wow. I'm not sure if changing the thread title will affect the google search rating (i.e. this thread beaing #2), but if so, that was a very irresponsible thing to do. Did you just decide to rename it on your own, or did you consult it with Boub/other admins? Seems like a pretty bold move and not a decision to be taken as lightly as you seem to have done. Very disappointed in this site. tbh.
    Yeah to be honest I'm still pretty annoyed at the title change. The title "The most unbelievable indie fundraising scam to date. Trials of Ascension" was perfectly fine as it is an indie fundraising scam with the "store" for a "game" that is not a "game". Also for me the search now shows up as 4th on google. I am not familiar enough with how mmo-champion works as far as moderation goes but I have to imagine that changing the titles of threads is something frowned upon.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2014-09-12 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Also for me the search now shows up as 4th on google.
    Same here. Shady bumping techniques for their forums and the combat demo detected.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Same here. Shady bumping techniques for their forums and the combat demo detected.
    You guys do realise that we've been checking their forums and that video a lot ourselves, which itself would've raised their priority, right?

Eh...they werent worth saving.
    One said: IDIOT!!!!
    I dunno, I'd think they'd all be worth saving. If any of them had directly linked their youtube commenting with their ToA username, it'd be pretty easy to point at that the next time they cried trolls. *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys do realise that we've been checking their forums and that video a lot ourselves, which itself would've raised its priority, right?
    True that.

But it also has to do with new shop items.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys do realise that we've been checking their forums and that video a lot ourselves, which itself would've raised their priority, right?
    I would doubt the additional views from the handful of active posters in this thread would outweigh the views this thread gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I would doubt the additional views from the handful of active posters in this thread would outweigh the views this thread gets.
    Not a chance in hell those views would beat this thread unless people were just spamming things to artificially rise the counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    It's going to cause the google page rank to tank since the title has been changed. Google will essentially see it as a "new" thread or "new" content. If you search on google now for the game's name, you'll see the old thread's title. Once google gets tired of not finding the original title, it's going to reset this thread's rank.

IMO, if the mods here have any consideration for preventing unsuspecting players from getting scammed, you'll change the thread's title ASAP before this thread loses all of its page ranking to this (periods and punctuation included!):

The most unbelievable indie fundraising scam to date. Trials of Ascension.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    While I have never posted in this thread, I'll add my voice to the rest and say that the title should be reverted back.
    Even games like darkfall who were very close to not getting released ever, could debunk claims of vaporware by showing actual progress in the game.

Even 1$ donated to these guys is too much.

I would agree on donations if they officially turned to stand up comedy. I mean seriously, i'm still laughing on some of the comments (e.g. on a crappy screenshot someone commented below: i' ll have to turn down the graphics to be able to play it!!!!!111!!!!).
    They could even release weakly episodes:
    Building a fake mmo Episode 1: The Phantom Game
    Episode 2: The return of the hilarious comments
    Episode: The two kickstarters
    etc etc

Deleted
    Reading their forums just give me headaches.
    The amount of stupidity and fanboyism is astonishing (assuming for a moment they're all legit posters).

And promoting a 2-year celebration sale for items/skins for races whose 3D models still do not exist in-game...?
    It would be as if Blizzard started selling now skins exclusive for the Naga race.
    No, just no.

Those guys at Forged Chaos deserve all the bad rep and publicity we can throw at them.
    That is, until a working demo with reasonable 2014 quality standards is released.

But we all know that won't ever happen.