Iphone 4 -300 EUR
    Contract - 50 EUR monthly
    500 mb/month data
    1500 minutes to numbers belonging to the same company and landlines
    1500 SMS to numbers belonging to the same company
    500 minutes to the rest
    500 sms to the rest
    Spotify free streaming and premium account

My iphone drank some vodka during a party last saturday and died, currently waiting on the THL T200 to arrive - 200 EUR

Deleted
    € 700 - Galaxy S4
    Don't have a contract but on average it's € 15 or less each month. This gives me:

2000 free SMS to any other carrier each MONTH.
    2 GB of Data each MONTH
    €15 of calling each MONTH

300 free SMS to same carrier EACH DAY
    1 hour of free calling to same carrier EACH DAY.

After exactly a month you lose all the data and free texting and calling, but you still have whatever money you didn't use. Which is generally another €10 which can last for a week or 2 extra before I have to recharge.

Deleted
    Sony Xperia something, i paid about 300$ for it and i pay like 15 euro / month for unlimited calls / text and internet.

Deleted
    Never understood why people let them to get screwed over by these partial payment phone options. Just buy a damn phone and you pretty much get to pick and choose how much you pay for calls/texts/data.

Deleted
    HTC sense 9 euro subsribtion.

I got the phone for 60 euros from a friend (second hand) so I'm pretty happy with it having a good smartphone for 60 euros (it costed 600 euros when it came out).

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Never understood why people let them to get screwed over by these partial payment phone options. Just buy a damn phone and you pretty much get to pick and choose how much you pay for calls/texts/data.
    Well, in my case, the contract fit like a glove to my needs, so I went with that option. A similar plan would cost the same for an a la carte type of deal, minus the partial payment and the spotify deal.

Deleted
    zero- don't own a phone apart from house phone.

Don't see need

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Because then they can buy the latest iPhones for 50$ instead of 700$ obviously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Because then they can buy the latest iPhones for 50$ instead of 700$ obviously.
    But you're paying more for it in the end

Deleted
    15 euro/month unlimited everything except roaming . Beat that !!

Deleted
    Company paid for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    But you're paying more for it in the end
    Doesn't matter. Tons of people buy tons of things which they then have to pay off. It's only the initial prize they care about.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nexus 4, just bought it outright for I think £279 at the time.

Month-by-month contract with unlimited data, 200 minutes, and thousands of texts. £12.90 a month.

Or $474, then $22 per month in US dollars. Which, reading some replies here, is a third of the price people in the US are paying. You guys get hosed by ISPs and mobile cover. :S

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Iphone 5. around 350-400$ monthly. Norway is expensive. I visited my parents who live in westport, CT. When I came back home My phone bill was at 1300$... That is just insane
    The biggest lie. Norway is dirt cheap with telephone companies. I think they charge me 30 $ a month, I have unlimited calling in the WHOLE scandinavia, which alone is pretty big and yes I do call outside norway.

I have 1GB of internett, uppable to 3GB for 13$ a month more..

Unlimited texting, mms and whatsoever.

Anyway, I already paid the Phone from Apple. Paid 1100 $ for the phone. Which is ..the regular standard EU prices for the Iphone with the biggest storage. Of course without a plan. (Iphone 5)

People that spend 350-400$ have to either be not very smart with money or lying. There's no company out there, that doesn't give you UNLIMITED talking, texting and MMS for more than 50 bucks. Everyone offers that. More than that it depends on the company and the internett. But the cheapest data is for around 13$ for 2 GB.

*1 GB is MORE than plenty for me. I have Wifi at work, home and mostly the places I stay at, even the train has wifi. Only place I might use it is when I'm outside, but when I'm outside in the first place, what am I doing on my phone? Nothing.
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2014-06-24 at 11:35 AM.

Phone: Iphone 5s
    Contract: One year
    Monthly cost: $73,63 ($30 after the phone is paid off)

Unlimited free minutes (Except special numbers), text, mms and 1gb of data.

Deleted
    Imported a Huawei phone with similar specs to a Galaxy S3 from China for around 120 euro.

Pay 8 euro a month for 100 minutes/texts and 200MB, 1 year contract but i can adjust it up/down every month. Not sure why i pay for the internet as there is wifi from my ISP in many places, so i only really use it for directions and my running app.

15+ Year Old Account
    My trusty old S2.
    42$/31€ month 4G close to "unlimited" calls/text (think it was well over 1000 calls/1000text never hit the roof) and 10 gig data.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Xperia Z1 Compact - Unlimited data, texts, 500 mins for £28 a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    The biggest lie. Norway is dirt cheap with telephone companies. I think they charge me 30 $ a month, I have unlimited calling in the WHOLE scandinavia, which alone is pretty big and yes I do call outside norway.

I have 1GB of internett, uppable to 3GB for 13$ a month more..

Unlimited texting, mms and whatsoever.

Anyway, I already paid the Phone from Apple. Paid 1100 $ for the phone. Which is ..the regular standard EU prices for the Iphone with the biggest storage. Of course without a plan. (Iphone 5)

People that spend 350-400$ have to either be not very smart with money or lying. There's no company out there, that doesn't give you UNLIMITED talking, texting and MMS for more than 50 bucks. Everyone offers that. More than that it depends on the company and the internett. But the cheapest data is for around 13$ for 2 GB.

*1 GB is MORE than plenty for me. I have Wifi at work, home and mostly the places I stay at, even the train has wifi. Only place I might use it is when I'm outside, but when I'm outside in the first place, what am I doing on my phone? Nothing.
    And who are you to tell if its a lie or not?

Here you go. You happy now? Mr. KnowItAll.

Deleted
    HTC One X Mini
    500mb internet / unlimited but slower after bundle
    Unlimited texts and call minutes
    28,- euro´s a month.