Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

September 2014 feature pack coming sep. 9th

Here's the link to all of the upcoming announcements.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...feature-packs/

3 weeks worth of reveals is even more than the April Feature Pack. Should be interesting. WvW definitely needs some freshening up.

Let's hope that one of the features will be the removal of the ridiculous trait system they incorporated in the April patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Announcing the September 2014 Feature Pack

Hello, Tyrians!

I’m excited to announce that the September 2014 Feature Pack is on its way and will hit Guild Wars 2 on September 9!

We’ll be announcing the details of each of the features and events tied to the feature pack here on the Guild Wars 2 website over the course of the next three weeks.

To kick things off, we’ll be focusing on new PvP and WvW updates. We’ve planned our Competitive Week to coincide with the Guild Wars 2 International All-Stars Tournament, which we’re streaming live from the show floor this week at gamescom in Cologne, Germany! Make sure to check out the streams later this week and watch as some of the best players from Europe, China, and North America battle it out for world supremacy.

For those of you dying to know what the future holds: Living World Season 2 will be going on break for a while as we count down to the arrival of the September 2014 Feature Pack. You can look forward to the return of Season 2 in autumn, and we’ll announce the start date for episode 5 after the feature pack has been released. Episode 4, “The Dragon’s Reach: Part 2,” will remain active until episode 5 is released, so you still have time to log in with a character and unlock this episode’s story content!

We hope you’re as excited about the September 2014 Feature Pack as we all are here at ArenaNet, and we look forward to seeing you in the game!
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Well thats nice I guess... But taking a brake again? /Sigh *LS will return sometime during autumn*

If they would add housing and precursor hunt I'd be a happy camper but don't really look like it

Deleted
    Yeah I'm kind of sad about the break. I was enjoying it :3
    Also the feature pack has things that are less interesting to me (pvp, wvw). But I hope they'll come up with some things to gain my interest again.

@Eidal: Many people talk about housing, but what would it be like in an mmo? The only 'housing' thing I've seen before was on websites (Gaia and such), or Skyrim.
    All I can think of is my own banker and tp in my home instance. I'd like that, more stuff for the home instance.

LOTRO had instanced neighborhoods with houses of different sizes that you could adorn with furniture and trophies and such.

Rift had personal instanced houses and tools to basically build things from scratch. You could also buy house and props. YOu moved and palced things with a Unity-like tool. Wildstar has the same unity like tool and you can create your own, but its more prop and module heavy. Certain stuff can only be placed in a module plug and then you build from there. Like a garden goes into its own module.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    Yeah I'm kind of sad about the break. I was enjoying it :3
    Also the feature pack has things that are less interesting to me (pvp, wvw). But I hope they'll come up with some things to gain my interest again.

@Eidal: Many people talk about housing, but what would it be like in an mmo? The only 'housing' thing I've seen before was on websites (Gaia and such), or Skyrim.
    All I can think of is my own banker and tp in my home instance. I'd like that, more stuff for the home instance.
    Wildstar has a nice housing system for example - So something like that, something that I can custom for my character.
    I dont like the home instance att all, it's a big area with NPC's that I sure didnt invite there and oddly placed nodes

Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post
    Well thats nice I guess... But taking a brake again? /Sigh *LS will return sometime during autumn*

If they would add housing and precursor hunt I'd be a happy camper but don't really look like it
    I don't think they'll ever add housing but I suspect that precursor hunt/crafting will be part of what "Collecting and Trading" is. I think the way this new back piece from the Living Story is created is a dry run for some type of precursor hunt.

Deleted
    Yeah guess not, at least the latest known comment was that Guild halls and player housing are not currently being worked on. I just wish I could have a smaller area just for my character. I really don't get what the point of the home instance is apart from the badly placed nodes that is.

But guess I'll just put my hopes on the precursor crafting, and maybe new legendary skins to go with that.

that's gonna be interesting. I remember the last time we got a feature-pack, the days before it were a constant stream of reveals, great fun.

From the preview titles of blog post it looks like nothing on housing sadly.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I wonder what disingenuous 'features' we'll get this time.
    why the hate?, the last "features" were just awesome

I think GW2 is now the only major mmo without housing. : \ Why does the combat have to be so well done?? ARGH!

If I could take the systems from Archeage with the combat and story from GW2, it would be the ubermmo. It would crush all other MMOs with an iron fist.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    that's gonna be interesting. I remember the last time we got a feature-pack, the days before it were a constant stream of reveals, great fun.
    Yeah that was fun. I hope they'll finally add some game modes to pvp.

Week 1: Competitive Week
    From new tools for coordinating your tactics to new rewards for your valor, Competitive Week is all about our support for and improvements to competitive play in Guild Wars 2!

14 Aug Do You Feel Glorious?
    18 Aug Balancing Act
    19 Aug Tricks and Explosive Finales
    20 Aug Command the Rainbow
    related pics:
    From the ZAM article

21 Aug Prepare to Fight

Week 2: A Fresh Start
    Our second week of September 2014 Feature Pack reveals is focused on improving the Guild Wars 2 experience for new and veteran players alike!

Week 3: Collecting and Trading
    In the September 2014 Feature Pack, we're rethinking the way you collect and trade items!
    time for guesses

Siege Golem Mastery (pic from the ZAM article) --> not sure where to put this one
    Last edited by Maarius; 2014-08-13 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    why the hate?, the last "features" were just awesome
    Trait overhaul was terrible, designed to suck more money and SP from players for something that had already been inexpensive. They hid behind 'respec any time!' to fleece you.

New wardrobe and dye system is overall pretty strong, the ability to keep farming xmute charges with recycled alts keeps it from becoming over-monetized.

Megaservers is very double-edged for me, the upside of always having people at group-heavy areas like Orr is downsided by forced populations, what often end up as a drought of events and excessive zergs at certain world bosses that make things laggy and tiresome.

World Boss schedule is again double-edged, the forced slowness of the daily rotation making it take longer to farm them, upsided by being able to do Karka Queen regularly.

Account-bound gear, Rune/Sigil reworks, sPvP changes, these I feel were all positive.

Champion reworks to (almost)all being event champs was not bad in and of itself, but the destruction of farming them in Queensdale and what I felt was excessive gimping of the Frostgorge farm was unnecessary.

Overall, I'm not saying the April 2014 Feature Pack was bad. I just feel they deliberately gimped certain systems in pursuit of more money from the playerbase and called it 'quality of life changes'.

And I'm wondering what systems will suffer similar fates in the next one.

Do you feel glorious - Rewards
    Balance - Balancing obviously
    Explosives - WvW crap
    Rainbow - Super adventure box?

I want housing already god fuck Anet hurry the fuck up.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    1.) Trait overhaul was terrible, designed to suck more money and SP from players for something that had already been inexpensive. They hid behind 'respec any time!' to fleece you.

2.) New wardrobe and dye system is overall pretty strong, the ability to keep farming xmute charges with recycled alts keeps it from becoming over-monetized.

3.) Megaservers is very double-edged for me, the upside of always having people at group-heavy areas like Orr is downsided by forced populations, what often end up as a drought of events and excessive zergs at certain world bosses that make things laggy and tiresome.

4.) World Boss schedule is again double-edged, the forced slowness of the daily rotation making it take longer to farm them, upsided by being able to do Karka Queen regularly.

5.) Account-bound gear, Rune/Sigil reworks, sPvP changes, these I feel were all positive.

6.) Champion reworks to (almost)all being event champs was not bad in and of itself, but the destruction of farming them in Queensdale and what I felt was excessive gimping of the Frostgorge farm was unnecessary.

7.) Overall, I'm not saying the April 2014 Feature Pack was bad. I just feel they deliberately gimped certain systems in pursuit of more money from the playerbase and called it 'quality of life changes'.

And I'm wondering what systems will suffer similar fates in the next one.
    @1: People complained that there is no horizontal progression once you're lv.80. The maximal level in GW2 can be reached in relatively little time, so Anet pushed back traits for progression after lv.80. It's intended to be completed as high level character as you can see when you look at the requirements. Personally I love this change, I don't need a few new traits during the lv-up phase since I want to get to max. level as soon as possible and skip most level-areas via. level-up tomes, crafting and EotM-Karma trains. The added possibility to buy the traits for gold isn't the core-idea here, clearly. More an added bonus for all those alt-lovers.

@2: the wardrobe changed a gem-store based skin-system (getting lv.80 transmutation stones was a chore without using gems) to a almost free to use skin system. I still have tons of transmutation charges from turning the <80 stones into charges and get new ones constantly via gameplay (dailies, monthlies, sPvP, zone completion).

@3: Megaservers turned barren zones into the illusion of a bursting-full game. Since the change I never had any problem to finish a group event, period. Megaservers run through improvements too, lately I have no problem playing with guildies/partymembers since mostly I land in the same map-version as they are. Laggy worldbosses is the fault of your PC entirely, I play on a 2 year old laptop and have no such things as bad fps and rarely lags.

@4: how can a world-boss system where guilds can summon a world boss anytime they want be a bad system? Personally I had a great experience with it.

@7: in pursuit of more money from the playerbase? I absolutely disagree. Quite the contrary if you look at the wardrobe system. Double Legendary-skins for both hands - no problem. Transmutation charges without forcing gemstore-purchases: thank you!

No idea how someone can be so negative about such a great feature-patch.

My two gripes with the trait revamp is waiting until level 30 to start with them and also some of the traits are gained from encounters and events not level appropriate for that level of trait.

I will also provide my usual anti-level gripe here, grumble grumble.