Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So it is only a very recent chance then. GW2 has been out, what, 2 years now? That is 2 years of content you will likely never see then, right?

Anyway, this is probably just me getting rather off-topic for what the thread is about so I'll stop I just like to see how games I played are doing in case I might want to play again.
    Well, a new player coming in will not be able to share the experience that we had such as the Battle for Lion's Arch, but remember there's 250 years between GW1 and GW2 and there's a lot that happened in that 250 years that none of us saw. We came into the game seeing Orr in a state of destruction, very similar to how a new player will see the current Lion's Arch. It won't be important to them that they missed it.

But a new player will not feel any kind of shortage of content to play, the game launched with a massive world and an incredible amount of content and they have added a lot of permanent content since the game launched outside of the Living Story. I've got thousands of hours into this game so far and I haven't exhausted all the content yet.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Have they made changes to zones available? I remember logging out in a snowy zone at 75 but now that I want to continue that toon to 80, I just can't find that zone again on the map? D:

Where should I go for 75-80 leveling?
    75-80 you should go to Frostgorge Sound (probably the snowy area you are thinking of), Straits of Devastation and Malchor's Leap. Dry Top, Southsun Cove and Cursed Shore are designed for level 80s, but remember xp scales so you can gain xp in any zone so lower level zones are pretty good as well if you haven't finished them.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zone...Zones_by_level

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Doesn't it have like 1M instead of 3? :P
    Last I saw was 2.5 million before the China launch from the kongzhong site. They've been holding strong to launch sales numbers in every quarter since launch so there's no reason to think there's less.

But then some people will tell you that a player that only logs in on Friday to play reset doesn't count ;-)
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    75-80 you should go to Frostgorge Sound (probably the snowy area you are thinking of), Straits of Devastation and Malchor's Leap. Dry Top, Southsun Cove and Cursed Shore are designed for level 80s, but remember xp scales so you can gain xp in any zone so lower level zones are pretty good as well if you haven't finished them.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zone...Zones_by_level

)
    ...*derp*, I completely forgot about the scaling XP. -_-

Thank you very much, I'mma spend a few hours in GW2 tonight then! ^^

The game is not doing well, as it is evident from the lack of trial and the paywall closing off 3 character classes. They are interested more in squeezing out as much $50 box and character slots sales then a stable player base. Note that I predicted that back in 2011.

Events stuck in the same phase for several days and more than a hour you can play without meeting the other player in 40+ zones are more objective assesments of the game present state.

Let's not start this please. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-08-28 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The game is not doing well, as it is evident from the lack of trial and the paywall closing off 3 character classes. They are interested more in squeezing out as much $50 box and character slots sales then a stable player base. Note that I predicted that back in 2011.

Events stuck in the same phase for several days and more than a hour you can play without meeting the other player in 40+ zones are more objective assesments of the game present state.
    Sources requested please. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Especially would like a source on a game not having a trial means it's doing badly and sources of events being stuck in the same phase for several days and people spending more than an hour without running into other players in 40+ zones. I'd also say anything from more than a few months ago is an outdated source, so if that's all you have it's time to look for new information.

Zero sense given, 100%
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Megaservers beg to differ.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually doing really well. They are holding to launch income numbers for every quarter since launch in the west and they just added another 1 million players in China. Remember, there is no sub fee driving these numbers.

Q2 2012 25,800,000
    Q3 2012 22,900,000
    Q4 2012 107,000,000 <—-Launch year Christmas sales
    Q1 2013 32,800,000
    Q2 2013 25,800,000
    Q3 2013 22,900,000
    Q4 2013 32,000,000
    Q1 2014 24,500,000
    Q2 2014 22,200,000

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...eys_activated/
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Bogotter put together a fairly entertaining series for returning players. It's not complete by any means but will give you some idea of the changes so you're not totally lost. Something to do while you download haha.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...gHoPI2w8_76_1w
    Thanks for this, I played for about 4 months from launch and after these videos I'm actually pretty excited to give it another go.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    If you enjoy the current episode of the new Living Story, you can purchase the previous ones from this season in the Gem Store. I'd recommend them, they've all been pretty entertaining. Going forward, make sure you login each time a new one comes out, so you can access it for free at your leisure in future.
    So what's the deal with Living Story, can it be picked up at any time without much trouble, or does it follow a set storyline and a new player won't understand a thing about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    So what's the deal with Living Story, can it be picked up at any time without much trouble, or does it follow a set storyline and a new player won't understand a thing about it?
    LS 1 is over. Read a synopsis if you wish. LS2 is ongoing.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Story_Journal
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_season_2

Deleted
    Lol people thinking that the whole reason trial accounts have less access is because of money :') Sure, keep thinking that while I enjoy my game without gold sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    Lol people thinking that the whole reason trial accounts have less access is because of money :') Sure, keep thinking that while I enjoy my game without gold sellers.
    But it IS because of money. Money they hope to make from sales of the game and money they want to deny being stolen from them by the gold sellers. There's nothing wrong with that because they have no sub fee, but money is the reason.

As for the Living Story, you really wanna read a synopsis/watch a video or three about Season One to understand something of the NPC's you'll be working with in Season Two and the events it concerns.

I see. Well, I bought GW2 this morning either way, just wanted to ask that question. I played it all the way back in closed beta, but didn't pick it up in the end because my PC was too weak (talk about slide show in Divinity's Reach, but then again, the design of that city was jaw-dropping). I'm gonna fix that now that I have a proper PC and too much time on my hands.

Gonna get around to reading or watching that Season One, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

For the the second living story season you'll only be able to access those things at level 80 and you'll have to pay 200 gems for each of the first four updates (800 total). The next part of the season starts soonish (November iirc) and as long as you log in during each of those updates the Living Story chapters will be automatically unlocked for no cost.

200 gems = 27 gold 66 silver
    800 gems = 110 gold 64 silver

at current exchange rates. So you can buy the episodes with gold as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    200 gems = 27 gold 66 silver
    800 gems = 110 gold 64 silver

at current exchange rates. So you can buy the episodes with gold as well
    You can also play through for free by joining a party with someone that has it unlocked. You just cannot get the rewards or achievements if you don't have it unlocked yourself.

To unlock either login in during the time that chapter is released or buy it with gems or gold if you missed logging in during the 2 or 4 week release period.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    But it IS because of money. Money they hope to make from sales of the game and money they want to deny being stolen from them by the gold sellers. There's nothing wrong with that because they have no sub fee, but money is the reason.

As for the Living Story, you really wanna read a synopsis/watch a video or three about Season One to understand something of the NPC's you'll be working with in Season Two and the events it concerns.
    No, abuse is their reason. They won't make a single coin from this either way. It's simply to avoid losing anything that extra or allowing those asses to abuse the game.

So a legit reason anyone would do and has nothing to do with greed, like they complain about. Anet even made their chances of selling more games slimmer because of it, because in the trial you don't have full access.

No, they're not having a free trial out of the goodness of their hearts. It is, always, about the money. Limiting it gives people more incentive to pay and play the full version, and it keeps trials from being abused to more easily undercut their own business model with illegal third-party sellers.

Deleted
    "Oh no, they're doing their job as a business! CALL THE COPS!"

Like I said, limiting access only limits their own chances on selling the game. Unless you have been convinced by a limited trial before, I haven't.