Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

lich king story moving forward? "wod spoilers"

so i found this picture on reddit..it's a garrison quest, I think.

http://imgur.com/wQwddM7

What do you guys think it means? Will bolvar be somehow freed from being the lich king?

We've known all the way since the beta originally came out that Bolvar Fordragon would be making an appearance in WoD, though we have no idea how or why. So... it does look like the Lich King plot in full is moving forward.

Could be one of the "ideas" Blizzard mentioned they had for upcoming expansions. Lich king returns or some crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grom Hellscream IS the new Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty cool! i really want to see how that plays out

10+ Year Old Account
    /cast Tinfoil Hat

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Grom Hellscream IS the new Lich King.
    Dude imagine that. If instead of ner'zhul they come after grom and make him the LK hahaha.

It's probably just the one quest, (I don't see any linking Quest Chain on Wowhead) but it is nice that they are giving us a lore update on how things are going since we left Northrend. Just like the Warlock Quest was able to show some of what has happened in Outland since the Burning Crusade.

Instead of pandering to BC nostalgia, they should pander to Wrath nostaliga. I bet 5$ that is the expansion most people were interested in the lore and characters.

Not saying Arthas should come back, he's clearly dead. But continuing the Death Knight and Argent Crusade's stories, Thalassian and his belf boyfriend, and what Lich Queen Sylvannas is doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beriska View Post
    Dude imagine that. If instead of ner'zhul they come after grom and make him the LK hahaha.
    it will be true. It's why we have to kill him. But since there must always be a Lich King, a new power will arise to take the helm. A fearsome warrior by the name of....

Hogger.

You never know. I would like to see what happens.

Here's hoping that we'll see more Death Knight lore and that they'll be doing something other than being generic members of the Horde and Alliance forces in the future.

Sounds cool, but how does Darion Mograine know that he's there? I thought only Tirion (and kinda Sylvanas) knew of Bolvar's presence on the Frozen Throne? I mean, except for the huge monument that tells you.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, a red lich king is like...so much different and more interesting than a blue one.

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King 2 HD Turbo Remix: Gold Edition²
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Sounds cool, but how does Darion Mograine know that he's there? I thought only Tirion (and kinda Sylvanas) knew of Bolvar's presence on the Frozen Throne? I mean, except for the huge monument that tells you.
    No; Varian and Thrall know of Bolvar's true fate as well. Tirion told them. Presumably, he also told Darion (because he's the Death Knight leader).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    To be fair, a red lich king is like...so much different and more interesting than a blue one.

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King 2 HD Turbo Remix: Gold Edition²
    World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King 2 HD Turbo Remix: Gold Edition²:Game of the Year Edition

Bolvar is going to be helping us fight the legion at some point.

Well we know not all of the scourge is under the new Lich Kings control. The cult of the damned in WPL and EPL stand out and the guy who appears in the quest looks like a Cult member. Maybe they plan to bring Ner'zhul of the WoD timeline back to give rebirth to the original Lich King. Another possibility is they just wish to do research on the shadow moon clans magic and teachings.

At least Darion admits that the Tournament was pointless.

Still bitter about 3.2 over here.

How does darian mograine know about bolvar? He wasn't THERE when we fought the lich king, only tirion was. This is a loop hole right here.