Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Anything that's not Steam or Origin. Steam has a lot of games (too bad there's so much crap on there as well :S, and Origin just has awsome customer support, abeit less games)
    Last edited by Greandal; 2014-10-10 at 12:25 PM.
    Inspecting raid instance floors since 2005

Origin, or any other shitty Steam clone, because we don't need a vastly inferior copy of Steam that exclusively sells one publisher's games.

I absolutely love Steam - and I really don't understand those saying they hate it. The whole "hating Steam thing" went out of style a loooong time ago. People crying about DRM and whatnot really need to get over it - times change. A game not being released on Steam, specifically, is actually a really big turn off for me - I'll actually go out of my way to pirate a game that tries forcing me to use it's own inferior distribution service (Hi, EA!). Having the majority of my library on one awesome platform is just convenient. Releasing your own distribution service at this point is just pointless - it just can't compete.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siffi View Post
    They gave like 10 free games away already.
    Yeah, I know. However with games it's like with cakes these days. If you are stuffed then having more of them even for free won't make you consume them.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

There are some cheap Steam knock-offs like UPlay or Origin. These are usually extremely bad. I don't want any of that crapware on my machines.
    Steam is also far from optimal because of its DRM stuff, but at least it's a mature software that works, and there is lots of content available.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    I absolutely love Steam - and I really don't understand those saying they hate it. The whole "hating Steam thing" went out of style a loooong time ago. People crying about DRM and whatnot really need to get over it - times change.
    Disliking steam is a logical conclusion of the ways steam has gone. Awful customer service plus no quality control.Especially when competitors like origin show that having way better customer service is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Yeah, I know. However with games it's like with cakes these days. If you are stuffed then having more of them even for free won't make you consume them.
    Getting them on origin does not hurt in any way.I might not play them but to have the option to play them in the future for free is just quite nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    [...]
    Getting them on origin does not hurt in any way.I might not play them but to have the option to play them in the future for free is just quite nice.
    It is, if you are interested in these games and if there is that reality containing a future where you actually play all the games you own.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Disliking steam is a logical conclusion of the ways steam has gone. Awful customer service plus no quality control.Especially when competitors like origin show that having way better customer service is not out of the realm of possibilities.
    Guess I've been lucky because I have had no problems and have not had to contact their support once since it was released over ten years ago /shrug. Enjoy Origin, lul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Can't really say a lot about Origin, I haven't really run into problems with it but then I own only two games there anyway
    Did Origin finally fixed that annoying bug, when password was not saved and you had to login manually all the time ?

Deleted
    What are you smoking? Origin support is quite good and fast and Origin has refunds.Steams support is garbage and unnecessary complicated. Why the hell do i have to create a support account to contact the support?Steam has pretty much the worst support of the distrubitation platforms.
    Fifa 15 has recently been released and with it a LOT of issues, especially for the PC version.

Knowing this, EA(i'm not lying or overstating this in any way) shut down their official forums for people who didnt have 500+ posts on their Origin account. Meaning no forum support. Its been out for 3 weeks now and the forum is still closed like that.

Following that they closed down phone support and obviously this lead to 10-12 hour queues on the chat support(where you litterally had to wait at your pc as the support would close your tickett if you didnt answer within 30 seconds.

I'm very persistent when it comes to things i spendt money on so i waited for 12 hour with my pc sound turned up high so i could hear if i was typed to.

After 12 hours of waiting the guy i finally get throgh to, though perfectly nice told me frankly that he had no experience with fifa at all but that he would do everything he could to help me.

I had 7 major issues about the game that i talked to him about for 3 hours. Most of them he simply didnt understand and even though he had fellow chat supporters to ask, they apparently where not very well versed in fifa either so they couldnt help either.

2 of my problems he could adress, and he found them very weird. One of them was the forum restrictions. He had absolutely no idea that there was a restriction and it confounded him to no end, and he promised me it would be removed within 24 hours. (7 days, still there)

The second problem was a connection issue that pretty much every fifa player in the world is experiencing right now and that EA/Origin is completely ignoring.

He was aware of that and also promised me that it was something they would have fixed within 2-5 days(7 days, still as bad).

The guy was nice. But he wasnt the problem. EA was. This is the worst customer service i have ever had, and i have dealt with steam several times. At least they knwo what they are doing and they actually inform their employees whats happening.

Sorry for the rant. But EA has been voted worst company of the world by forbes for a reason. It sucks.

Edit:

As a side note, i tried contacting the same supporter again as he genuinly seemed like he wanted to help me, but oh lo and behold their chat support is down aswell

Games for Windows Live. At least Steam, Origin and U-play aren't fucking broken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Sorry for the rant. But EA has been voted worst company of the world by forbes for a reason. It sucks.
    http://consumerist.com/2014/03/24/eas-worst-company-in-america-reign-comes-to-an-end-with-loss-to-time-warner-cable/

People still hate them for some reason, I don't think they are much worse than any other company, maybe that's just because I have no expectations for them.

Still it seems a bit silly to vote that the worst company when there are companies like the Nestle and Carlyle that actually profit from killing people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Games for Windows Live. At least Steam, Origin and U-play aren't fucking broken.

- - - Updated - - -

http://consumerist.com/2014/03/24/ea...-warner-cable/

People still hate them for some reason, I don't think they are much worse than any other company, maybe that's just because I have no expectations for them.

Still it seems a bit silly to vote that the worst company when there are companies like the Nestle and Carlyle that actually profit from killing people.
    Well i dont not agree with that.

I personally dislike their overuse of DLC content and their very bad customer service. Thats all. I like their games

Deleted
    The guy was nice. But he wasnt the problem. EA was. This is the worst customer service i have ever had, and i have dealt with steam several times. At least they knwo what they are doing and they actually inform their employees whats happening.
    First of all origin still has hotlines.I dont know if they work cause i wont call them but i expect them to work.Second i have no idea what issues FIFA 15 has or not cause i dont have the game but from my fifa expierence connenction issues are most likely caused by not opening ports. But still its a issue with fifa and not with origin or so i assume.Anyway you could refund in 24 hours long after your first launch something you cant do on steam. On steam youre pretty much screwed if your game isnt so bad that steam decides to pull it off. Anyway if you have a problem on steam with a game you dont even need to bother for steam support cause the answer will be contact the developer. Also it takes days or weeks for the steam support to answer something which is done in hours or a day by origin support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Piracy, or we wouldn't have to have all the DRM that comes with the freedom to download games.

Get a JERB!!

Deleted
    First of all origin still has hotlines.I dont know if they work cause i wont call them but i expect them to work.Second i have no idea what issues FIFA 15 has or not cause i dont have the game but from my fifa expierence connenction issues are most likely caused by not opening ports. But still its a issue with fifa and not with origin or so i assume.Anyway you could refund in 24 hours long after your first launch something you cant do on steam. On steam youre pretty much screwed if your game isnt so bad that steam decides to pull it off. Anyway if you have a problem on steam with a game you dont even need to bother for steam support cause the answer will be contact the developer. Also it takes days or weeks for the steam support to answer something which is done in hours or a day by origin support.
    Yes they have Hotliens but they are shut down. What happens in Fifa support is that you send them a message and they call you after a while. But this option is disabled on their support site the last three weeks.

I do realise you dont know me, but i'm actually offended that you think the problem pretty much every fifa player in the world has with FUT can be solved by opening ports. You really dont think if that was the problem fifa would just have come out and said it? Anyway yes my ports are open, and it makes no difference. Its overload on their servers most likely, they just shove it under the rug and ignore it.

Ea makes Fifa, ea makes Origin. Same stuff :/

Well i dont not agree with that.

I personally dislike their overuse of DLC content and their very bad customer service. Thats all. I like their games
    Man you could say the same thing about Ubisoft, Activision and Blizzard.

Like people get mad at BF4 for charging $60 for premium when Blizzard does the same thing but its okay because WoW/Diablo/SC are special for some reason.

EA - Origin, ive had problems with every single game i got. Ill never buy again from them.

I have like 7 Ubisoft games and ive never had a problem with any of them.Everything worked good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Man you could say the same thing about Ubisoft, Activision and Blizzard.

Like people get mad at BF4 for charging $60 for premium when Blizzard does the same thing but its okay because WoW/Diablo/SC are special for some reason.
    Last time i checked Blizzard didnt release 15 expansions a year with a mimimum amount of content though. THats what really annoys me. You can push it a little, but EA just goes overboard with it.

Deleted
    Ea makes Fifa, ea makes Origin. Same stuff :/
    So steam is better because valve doesnt release any games?

Deleted
    I dont know? do you think they are? This is something you are saying for yourself. Not something i had a hand in.

I dont rally care about steam as i havent had any problems with them. And valve does release games from time to time.

But again. I wasnt saying that, you where

10+ Year Old Account
    Valve do make their own games with most of them being well designed, their problem is that they are more like blizzard, taking way too long to develop games of new IP's.